Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DDJ-SR efects mapping: can i fix my mapping so i use 6 efects per deck and not 3 when using 2 decks in mode 1.. and 2 effects per deck in mode 2.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I noticed my DDJ-SR has two modes: 3 effects on left side and 3 effects on right side in first mode corrisponding to the deck or deck side (right left). BUt i cant use the effects on the right side on my left side and vice versa so in total i can have only 3 effects per side and not 6 per side(meaning (3 from deck 1 and 3 from deck 2 ( but it could go even further 3 from deck 3 and 3 from deck 4). the same goes for the more detailed other mode where you can control more effect sliders . I can only control one effect on side left or deck 1 for example ( when i try to use the right side (deck 2) effect on the left side it just uses the same effect as the one on the left (deck1) so i can only use one effect (detailed) one left side. Is it possible to use 6 effects ( so for example 3 effects on the left side (deck 1 ) and 3 new effects fomr deck 2 adding new 3 effects to deck 1. Since this is how i think FX1_ASSIGN_1 and FX2_ASSIGN_2 on corrisponding decks (1,2,3,4) should work correctly..... I used this mapping:
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/16423/Pioneer_DDJ-SR.html

Posted Thu 26 Mar 15 @ 5:33 am
but the mapping that i used should be somehow corrected so it is possible to use 6 effects on one deck.. or two detailed effects on one deck. So i was wonering how should i fix the mapping?

Posted Thu 26 Mar 15 @ 2:41 pm
I don't really get what you exactly want...
If you want to be able to control 6 different effects for the left deck OR the right deck you have to watch the device_side parameters for the knobs.
When you map a knob it might be listed only once when you have two same knobs on each deck side.
VirtualDJ will then apply the called function to the deck the knob sits on.
If you want to control a different deck then the one where the knob is, you need to do 2 things:
1. Detect where the knob is
2. Choose which deck to control
Usually this can be done by using the script "device_side 'left' ? action_when_left : action_when_right".
When you want to choose which deck to control you need a variable that is toggled by another button.
Lets take "$effect_side" (<- Global!) as an example where 0 means the left side and 1 the right.
For the first effect knob you would need something like this:
device_side 'left' ? var $effect_side ? deck 1 effect_slider 1 1 : deck 2 effect_slider 1 1 : var $effect_slider ? deck 1 effect_slider 4 1 : deck 2 effect_slider 4 1
With this you could depending on which side and what "mode" you are on control the first (left deck) and fourth (right deck) effect slider for the two decks.
I hope i could help, otherwise please explain a bit more what you want to do =)
Regards, Daniel

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 8:30 am
Hi i posted my wishes at hardware difficulties : but this is what i want:
so lets say we are curetnly on the left side
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DECK 1
on DECK 1 i have two buttonS FX1_ASSIGN_1
AND FX1_ASSIGN_2

this buttons should assign the 3 effects (slot 1, slot 2, slot 3) to my left deck if only FX1_ASSIGN_1 is ON
to deck 1 or to the deck 2 or to the deck 3 or to the deck 4)
case 1:
I would like that when i press(put it ON) FX1_ASSIGN_1 IT WOULD assign affects on slots 1, slot 2, slot 3 to deck 1.
(so if FX1_ASSiGN_1 it is off the slots 1,2,3 even thought they are on would not affect the music on deck 1.
case2:
if while FX1_ASSIGN_1 is ON i put ON also FX2_ASSIGN_2 it means that i would like
effects on deck 1 ((slot 1, slot 2, slot 3) if ON) be ON and affect DECK 1, and this effects would affect the DECK 2 at the same time.
CASE 3:
if only FX1_ASSIGN_2 is ON on deck 1 then it would mean that ((slots 1, slot 2, slot 3) if ON ) that are on DECK 1, would
affect DECK 2.
case 4:
if both FX1_ASSIGN_1and FX1_ASSIGN_2 are off on deck 1
then i would like the ((slots 1, slot 2, slot 3) if ON), on deck 1 not affect DECK 1

similarly with SHIFT FX1_ASSIGN_1 = FX1_ASSIGN_3
AND SHIFT FX1_ASSIGN_2 = FX1_ASSIGN_4I
i mean
WITH THE SAME RELATIONS BETWEEN FX1_ASSIGN_3 AND FX1_ASSIGN_4

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so my right deck
DECK 2 would loook like this
i have 2 more buttons on my right deck called:
FX2_ASSIGN_1
FX2_ASSIGN_2
Case 1:
if only FX2_ASSIGN_1 is ON (light is ON) then ((slot 4, slot 5, slot 6) if ON) on deck 2 would affect the music on deck 1
(so if i have FX2_ASSIGN_1 ON (deck 2) and FX1_ASSIGN_1 ON on deck 1 this means i would have this active slots:
((slot 4, slot 5, slot 6)if ON) since FX2_ASSIGN_1 is ON and (( slot 1, slot 2, slot 3) if ON) since FX2_ASSIGN_1 is ON.
case 2:
if FX2_ASSIGN_1 is ON and also FX2_ASSIGN_2 is ON then the slots (slot 5, slot, 6, slot 7) would effect DECK 1 AND DECK 2 at the same time.
case 3:
if only FX2_ASSIGN_2 is ON then the slots ((slot 5, slot 6, slot 7) if ON) would effect only DECK 2 .
case 4:
if both FX2_ASSIGN_1 AND FX2_ASSIGN_2 are OFF then the ((slot 5, slot 6, slot 7) if ON)) would not affect any DECK.

similarly with SHIFT FX2_ASSIGN_1 = FX2_ASSIGN_3
AND SHIFT FX2_ASSIGN_2 = FX2_ASSIGN_4I
i mean
WITH THE SAME RELATIONS BETWEEN FX2_ASSIGN_3 AND FX2_ASSIGN_4

This was just for one mode.
There i s another mode where you select only one effect and you have more knobs (effect parameters to control).
I would like the mode 2 to work as up there discribed for mode 1.

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 8:59 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Please don't cross post, one thread is enough.

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 10:22 am
YEAH SORRY EVERYONE THAT WOULD LIKE TO COMMENT IN THIS POST PLEASE VISIT Hardware technical Support AND COMMENT THERE
TY
Jan

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 10:23 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Closing this one as duplicate

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 8:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)