Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: two controller 2 pc?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have 2 computer and 2 controllers I use one home and one in studio if I purchase vdj8 pro can I download it on both pc my mac and my windows based pc and use both controllers at the same time basically 2 computer and 2 controllers running one license ?

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 8:06 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Yes

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 8:09 am
I was told I can only use one pc that license may be canceled as it may look like sharing is this true

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 12:46 pm
Without getting technical, there are systems in place to prevent "sharing" licences, Many users have a home machine and gig machine.

The important part of EULA is; One user.

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 12:57 pm
ok so you are saying if I purchase the pro I can use it on 2 pc and 2 controller what happens if my license is deactivated I don't want to pay all that money and cant use it home and in my studio on 2 pc

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 1:04 pm
That is exactly what I'm saying,

locodog wrote :
Many users have a home machine and gig machine.

Understand that Pro is EXACTLY the same download as the free version (which you can install as much as you like), it's when you log in that the free version becomes pro.
So If It's just you, (or supervised/logged in, by you, [you would want to give your login details to anyone else would you?] ) Then there is no problem.

If however you login at home and a 3rd party logs in at the studio (at the same time), then that is breaking the agreement. (and is easily detectable)

I'm sure (soon enough) a member of staff will confirm what I've said.

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 1:54 pm
Yes, confirmed.

As Loco says - so long as YOU are the only user of the license then you will not have an issue.

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 2:14 pm
how about the Laptop i drive
its ok or not

Posted Mon 27 Apr 15 @ 10:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)