Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ8 ASIO Driver question please

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, I am a VDJ8 user who uses the American Audio Versadeck controller with my windows 7 pro laptop. Later tonight I am DJing an event with a few other DJ's using their gear. The contoller he uses is one of those pioneer ddj-sx controllers which he uses with serato. I know that one of the other guys will be bringing their laptop and they use VDJ8 with that same style contoller. If i was to do the same thing and bring my laptop to use VDJ8 and my music etc., do i need to have the ASIO driver for that controller installed or does the ASIO driver currently on my laptop capable or functioning with his controller. I'm gonna try to use his computer and music etc but I'm thinking that i might be more comfortable doing my set with my laptop/music. Thanks

Posted Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 9:55 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You have to install the DDJ SX Asio driver. Your American Audio driver won't work with pioneer stuff.
Just download and install it. Connect the SX to your Laptop. Wait a minut. Start Version 8. Go to Soundconfig. Click on the SX pic and you are ready to go.

http://pioneerdj.com/support/product.php?lang=en&p=DDJ-SX&t=179

Posted Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 10:21 am
Thanks! Now doing this won't mess with my American Audio ASIO Driver, correct?

Posted Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 10:24 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
No, it shouldn't affect any other driver.
I had the AA Asio driver, SX Asio driver and Audio 4 Asio driver installed on the same machine.
Nothing went wrong.

Posted Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 10:57 am
OK thanks

Posted Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 11:02 am
NelumbLE userMember since 2013
Hi dj_kandre!

Just one question... are you using your Versadeck with vdj8 with some special mapping? I'm user from the Akiyama Syncron (it's a clone from the Versadeck) and I'm trying to check if vdj8 Works fine with this controller.

How is your configuration in vdj8? Dedicated skin and mapping, or simply internal settings?

Regards!

Posted Tue 14 Apr 15 @ 5:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)