Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Will Audacity slow down my mac

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i have a 15in mac book pro and I use it for djing and sound stuff. Will audacity slow down vdj8 when loading songs or ( slow down anything at all) thanks Dj Jbow

Posted Wed 25 Feb 15 @ 12:24 am
OldTomPRO InfinityMember since 2014
I'm a Mobile DJ specializing in Weddings---
I use Audacity to fine-tune/edit wedding party intro segments. The kind where each couple entering has a certain special song they come dancing in with.
A bit tricky because you need about 20 to 40 seconds of the "hook" from each song, and all those "hooks" are in different areas of a song. The final result is saved as a generic MP3 and uploaded into my iTunes Library. VDJ8 has never failed to find and properly play these edited bits for me. I know I could probably do the work in VDJ8, but the learning curve on edit points with VDJ is a bit over my head--that's why I use Audacity. My MacBook Pro's with VDJ 8 have never slowed down, stuttered or failed me when using Audacity prepped music.

Posted Wed 25 Feb 15 @ 7:39 am
It will not slow it down but if you have other programs running on the back ground it will best thing to do optimize pc for best performance and kill all programs that are not needed it and you should be fine with no lagging at all

Posted Mon 02 Mar 15 @ 9:32 am
thankyou for all your help dj jbow

Posted Tue 03 Mar 15 @ 2:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)