Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Transfer Cue Points from VDJ7 to VDJ8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello, I'm new here with VDJ 8 - I've been using VDJ7 for a few years now and just made the switch to the newer version VDJ8. How can I transfer all my cue points from the older version to version 8?

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 8:56 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It should be automatic

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 9:00 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
correct
first time when launching, V8 will convert the V7 database into a new V8 database format.
all cue points ect. are stored in the existing database so you should find them also in V8.
FYI: The converting procedure will only be made once (@ first launch of V8) unless you delete V8 database.
There is no communication or permanent synchronization between V7 and V8 database generally.

Posted Wed 04 Feb 15 @ 4:57 am
Last night I was able to really test out the new VDJ8 and I noticed that some cue points were exactly as set in VDJ7 while others, were slightly off. How can I fix that without having to go through each one and redoing the cue points?

Posted Sun 08 Feb 15 @ 4:54 pm
Sup VDJ Family! I have been mixing with vdj 7 happily, and many versions before that. I recently upgraded to V8 with months of hesitation. After installing V8, I have no cue points on my HUGE library. I know it supposed to automatically transfer but nothing! Please help! Thanks! Dj Yo Charlie

Posted Sun 26 Jul 15 @ 2:33 am
Hey guys,im currently using vdj 5,and i upgraded to vdj8,however i have lost all my cue points,how i can i transfer all myd cue points frim vj5 to vdj8

Posted Thu 07 Dec 17 @ 8:15 am
From version 5 you would have to download, install and use at least once VirtualDJ 7 first, then VirtualDJ 8 as the v5 database schema can be converted to v6 -the one used by VirtualDJ 6 and VirtualDJ 7- only by these 2 versions.

Posted Thu 07 Dec 17 @ 9:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)