Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Importing Serato crates and cue points to VDJ8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all... I'm trying to import as much of the hard work I've put into classifying and preparing my files as possible, so that I can switch over to VDJ8 as my new DVS.

I've searched every way I could think of with Google, without having any real luck. If someone could help me with some useful information, or even just point me toward a relevant FAQ, that would be a big help. Thanks in advance...

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 2:59 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Cues - options, search getCuesFromTags set to always. Right click your master music folder, recurse, select all files right click batch reload tags.

Crates - bottom left corner of the GUI there is a tiny white/grey dot, click it >Root Elements>Crates

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 3:12 pm
locodog wrote :
Cues - options, search getCuesFromTags set to always. Right click your master music folder, recurse, select all files right click batch reload tags.

Ah... you're a genius... Thank you.

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 10:54 pm
Okay... I've followed the instructions above, plus read everything I can find about the subject both here, and on the internet. I've tried everything I can think of, and I still can't get my crates to import properly. Some of my crates are missing, and in the crates that are showing, many, to almost all of the tracks are missing...

Anyone know what's going on here..?

Posted Fri 06 Feb 15 @ 10:13 pm
Bump

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 3:56 pm
500+ people have read this, and no one can help me with this issue?

Last try...

Posted Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 9:08 pm
Are you using any external drives, have you told VDJ where to look for the Serato crates at, is your Serato database up to snuff?? Do you have lots of sub crates??

I have 3 terabyt drives plus the internal and VDJ reads every crate I have. I'm not sure what's wrong with your system.

Posted Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 10:27 pm
I used virtual dj with a hercules console and now i transfer to a numark nv with serato. Can i transfer my music database (the cues from my whole playlist) to the serato software in order to play my past cues on my new console?
Now i use a new windows 7 laptop.

Posted Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 1:59 pm
@Dj so - djing services

Not with virtual dj ... might want to ask on serato forums if they import VDJ info or wait for VDJ to implement a mapping for the NV i'm sure it will come eventually.......

Posted Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 2:05 pm
I remember djdad (I think) saying that the NV would eventually be fully supported - including the screens.

Just don't ask when!

Posted Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 2:10 pm
Soon ;)

Posted Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 3:09 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Are you using any external drives, have you told VDJ where to look for the Serato crates at, is your Serato database up to snuff?? Do you have lots of sub crates??

I have 3 terabyt drives plus the internal and VDJ reads every crate I have. I'm not sure what's wrong with your system.

Fixed it. I didn't realize it, but I had Serato folders on three different drives (two external, one internal). Once I discovered that, I couldn't figure out how to list all the locations in VDJ (Serato reads all three), so I merged them into a separate directory, and pointed VDJ there. Works fine now, ...except >>>
The VDJ database is terribly slow compared to Serato. When you click on a new folder/crate in Serato, the results are instantaneous. Maybe some one there could address that shortcoming, or at least look into it?

BTW, My playlists from Serato, are (the tracks are) in numbered order. How can I get that number field to appear in the VDJ browser?

Posted Mon 23 Feb 15 @ 2:15 pm
I'm having issues with my new files not showing cues now. I've tried all the steps to update them. I've checked, and my serato folders both have the same dates on the database files. Any suggestions?

Posted Tue 26 May 15 @ 10:18 pm
Resolved. Missed the select all step.

Posted Sun 31 May 15 @ 11:24 am
DubJMixHome userMember since 2017
Considering switching to VDJ. Will cue points and beat grid info be available if set up in Serato and I switch to VDJ?

Posted Thu 09 Mar 17 @ 12:18 am
DubJMix wrote :
Considering switching to VDJ. Will cue points and beat grid info be available if set up in Serato and I switch to VDJ?

Cues yes, beatgrid no... unless they've changed something I don't know about.

Posted Thu 09 Mar 17 @ 12:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)