Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Denon DJ DS1 DVS Interface

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

http://www.djtechtools.com/2015/01/22/namm-2015-denon-dj-announces-ds1-serato-soundcard-hp2000-and-mc4000/

Quote :

The DS1 is plug and play with Serato DJ, extending Denon DJ’s hallmark audio quality and reliability to club DJs and turntablists who prefer the feel of vinyl, but desire the flexibility a digital music library provides.

At the core of the all-new DS1 is a bi-directional audio interface with two sets of RCA stereo inputs for turntables or professional CD players. As users manipulate the vinyl or CD NoiseMap signal, Serato DJ software mirrors the control signal—controlling digital tracks on-screen in real-time for beatmatching, cueing, scratching, and track juggling. Playback audio is distributed by the DS1 to a mixer or loudspeaker system in studio-grade 24-bit quality via two sets of RCA stereo outputs.

Denon DJ’s DS1 is smaller than most smartphones, making it an ideal companion for the travelling DJ. The rugged, all-metal construction easily survives constant transport, setup, and breakdown DJs endure. A single USB cable handles power and audio duties, greatly simplifying operation. Inputs are phono/CD selectable with a grounding post for turntable use.

DS1 Highlights:

Premium Digital Vinyl System (DVS) interface for Serato DJ
Interfaces turntables and CD players using Serato NoiseMap with a Serato DJ-based digital music library
Plug and play with Serato DJ—no purchase necessary
(2) sets of stereo RCA inputs and outputs for left and right decks
Studio-grade 24-bit digital to analog conversion
Supports 44.1kHz, 48kHz, and 96kHz sampling rates
Dedicated grounding post for use with turntables
Single USB cable connection to a computer for power and audio
Includes (2) Serato NoiseMap control tone vinyl records and CDs
Includes USB and stereo RCA cables
Rugged, all-metal construction; carrying case included
The DS1 will be in stores in Spring 2015 for U.S. retail pricing of $299.99.

Wonder if it will work with VDJ, like the SL box does.

Posted Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 3:25 pm
Come on, this is VDJ were talking about. I'd be more surprised if it didn't work with VDJ.

Posted Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 3:32 pm
Let's hope the drivers for it are up to scratch. for as long as I can remember Denon Asio drivers have been pretty bad at best.

Posted Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 3:45 pm
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I second that , the latest denon drivers have been sub par. and latency issues also even with powerhouse workstations .
JAMM

Posted Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 2:09 am
Does the Denon DS1 work with Virtual DJ?

Posted Sun 30 Apr 17 @ 11:19 pm
does it work and if so what are the recommended configurations/settings???? thanks in advance!

Posted Mon 01 May 17 @ 5:02 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Works and actually its natively supported, meaning that you will get a special Denon DS1 button in the Audio tab, to provide the pre-defined audio configuration.
Nothing special about the inputs/outputs.
deck 1 .. Denon DS1 .. Chan1 ,2
deck 2... Denon DS2,,, Chans 3,4

and optionally inputs to timecodes..
timecode 1.. Denon DS1.. Chans 1,2
timecode 2... Denon DS2..Chans 3,4

Posted Mon 01 May 17 @ 3:03 pm
djdad wrote :
Works and actually its natively supported

Is there a list of natively supported audio interfaces (like the list of natively supported controllers)?

Posted Tue 02 May 17 @ 5:52 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
No, but will add those in a Wiki page.

For now, here is the list...
Denon DS1
ESI Maya 44 USB
Hercules DeeJay Trim
M-Audio Conectiv
Audio 2 DJ
Audio 4 DJ
Audio 8 DJ
Audio Kontrol 1
Traktor Audio 10
Traktor Audio 2 MKII
Traktor Audio 2
Traktor Audio 6
Numark DJIO
Numark DJIO2
Rane SL2
Rane SL3
Rane SL4

Of course, any sound card can work with VirtualDJ (as long as their channels are all unlocked). It's just that the above sound cards jhave a pre-defined audio configuration and a special button in the Audio tab to provide that. For all other sound cards, user has to manually create his audio configuration.

Posted Tue 02 May 17 @ 11:55 am
I am looking at buying this to use my CDJ1000mk3s to control Virtual DJ. Can anyone tell me if it possible to toggle between the timecode CDs and regular CDs on-the-fly? I want to predominately use the timecode CDs but want the option of being able to play normal CDs with ease.

Posted Mon 03 Jul 17 @ 3:30 pm
You can already do this without the box.

Just flip the switch on your mixer and map a button for each deck with

"deck 1 timecode_bypass" and "deck 2 timecode_bypass"

I do this with vinyl all the time.....

Posted Mon 03 Jul 17 @ 5:53 pm
Hey has anyone actually used the denon DJ sl1 box with virtual dj..... ?? Thanks

Posted Sun 28 Oct 18 @ 11:18 pm
mikecruz23 wrote :
Hey has anyone actually used the denon DJ sl1 box with virtual dj..... ?? Thanks

I have with a mixer that doesn't have an internal sound card. The Denon box works just fine.

Posted Mon 29 Oct 18 @ 1:30 pm
visionz5 wrote :
mikecruz23 wrote :

I have with a mixer that doesn't have an internal sound card. The Denon box works just fine.

awesome, I wanted to make sure it worked before I purchased it. thanks buddy
how do you like it?? any suggestions or tips. setting pretty easy I see

Posted Tue 30 Oct 18 @ 10:37 pm
mikecruz23 wrote :
visionz5 wrote :
mikecruz23 wrote :

It collects dust more than anything. I have a Z2 and an S9 mixer which both have internal sound cards. So when using VDJ, I don't need the Denon or a Serato SL box unless I decide to use one of my old school mixers that don't have a sound card (which is rare).

Posted Wed 31 Oct 18 @ 12:20 pm
visionz5 wrote :
mikecruz23 wrote :
visionz5 wrote :
mikecruz23 wrote :

It collects dust more than anything. I have a Z2 and an S9 mixer which both have internal sound cards. So when using VDJ, I don't need the Denon or a Serato SL box unless I decide to use one of my old school mixers that don't have a sound card (which is rare).

Hi, Do you know If I bought the Z2 mixer, would I need the DS1 to mix timecode Vinyl through Virtual DJ or could I just use the mixer and it would pick up on the fact I'm using the timecode vinyl an Dif you know this is it a simple solution or am I better just buying the DS1 with my current mixer?

Posted Fri 27 Nov 20 @ 1:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)