Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual DJ 8 Plus "controller" (Numark N4) Controller Map

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ChumbarControlleristMember since 2015
I am really looking to buy a Virtual DJ 8 single controller license for the Numark N4. I REALLY need to know if the single controller license will make my Numark N4 function as it should based on the factory printed labels on the controller.

For example: When I want to access a hot cue I will hit "shift" then the "cue 1" button (a notorious 'flaw' with the N4, but thats how it should work per Numark)

Is there an explanation of the Virtual DJ 8 plus "controller" mapping for the Numark N4 (the mapping I get for $99.00)?

I need to know beacause as far as I understand, customizing the buttons on the N4 is ONLY available in the VDJ8 PRO version.

Thanks for any help!

Posted Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 8:37 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012

Posted Tue 20 Jan 15 @ 12:55 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The PLUS per controller license for any controller (including the N4) will provide you the ability to fully operate your controller and customize it the way you want it.

Posted Tue 20 Jan 15 @ 9:40 am
ChumbarControlleristMember since 2015
Thanks again! VDJ8 PLUS is exactly what I was looking for at a price point I could justify spending. Great way to sell your excellent software!

Posted Tue 20 Jan 15 @ 1:59 pm
leoaltoeControlleristMember since 2015
Hello! I like to buy the Virtual Dj 8 Plus "controller" license to my controller Pioneer Wego. But I also like to know if I can map some buttons the way I want with this license. Thanks!

Posted Thu 16 Apr 15 @ 5:19 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Yes you can.

Posted Thu 16 Apr 15 @ 10:04 pm
Just wondering if the 8 Plus good for a VMS4 controller. Any body please...

Posted Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 1:59 pm
if i buy the Plus Controller license for my numark pary mix which has virtual dj8 pro will this Plus Controller license be life long....or will i have to buy again ...like the 30day trail.

Posted Fri 17 Mar 17 @ 7:28 am
Controller licenses do not expire so will always work and be updated. The only caveat to that would be if in the future the controller is no longer supported by newer versions. That would likely be a few years down the line and you could continue to use it with the older versions that support it.

Posted Fri 17 Mar 17 @ 7:57 am
i brought the plus controller wht do i do next

Posted Fri 17 Mar 17 @ 8:14 am
Nothing, that's it. You are showing up here as a controllerist, so its all good. Just download the software if you have not already.

Posted Fri 17 Mar 17 @ 8:44 am
i mean were will it show me on virtual dj 8, that i have the plus controller

Posted Fri 17 Mar 17 @ 8:50 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Open Config, then select the License tab.

Posted Fri 17 Mar 17 @ 8:51 am
current licience says.....numark party mix......do i always have to be loged in as a user in the virtual dj pro or i can log out

Posted Fri 17 Mar 17 @ 9:06 am
There is no reason to ever log out, so i wouldn't do it. Just stay logged in, you do not need to be connected to internet to use then. If you log out, you could end up somewhere where there is no wifi and you wont be able to log in.

Posted Fri 17 Mar 17 @ 9:10 am
so im good right andy????? if on the virtual dj8 ....current licience shows numark party mix...user...i stay loggged in never log out.....only thing is i dont see VirtualDJ 8 CONTROLLER License ......anywere on the virtual dj8 .....however im playing more than 10 mins ....no msg to identify my self yet

Posted Fri 17 Mar 17 @ 9:19 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
<---- there it says you are a Controllerist

Posted Fri 17 Mar 17 @ 9:33 am
You are all good, nothing else to do. Now just have fun :)

Posted Fri 17 Mar 17 @ 9:42 am
thanks andy and all here,i also noticed there is a delay in the loop, it does not catch the beat on the spot but a little behind......i need it on the spot as soon as like the beat kicks in....how can i change it

Posted Fri 17 Mar 17 @ 2:27 pm
You can quantize the loop so that it always puts it on the nearest beat (smart loop) in the options or the little dot next to sync. You can manually move the loop in and out points to wherever you want though. Everything is customisable. suggest you watch a few youtube videos. There is too much to learn to get all the answers here :)

Posted Sat 18 Mar 17 @ 5:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)