Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: american audio vms4.1 firmware update

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

p0rtLE userMember since 2014
I was sent a firmware by american audio that might make the VMS4.1 useful istead of being 100% useless

so then i was told to download the VDJ install from http://vms4.adjfocus.com/downloads/downloads/vms-41.html
because it is suppose to have a hardware tool to update the firmware in the start menu, but the hardware tool does`nt exist on windows 7, and its not created when vdj is run as a administrator

anyone know of a fix or the shortcut command to use

Posted Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 5:57 am

Posted Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 6:17 am
I've just spent a few minutes reading all your posts on the various forums where you claim that the VMS4.1 is not working correctly.

From what I can make out, you seem to think that pressing cue on a VMS4 mixer channel should prevent the channel from playing through the master output.

That's not how DJ mixers work. To prevent the channel you're cueing from being audible, you need to lower the channel fader while you're cueing.

Posted Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 6:32 am
its how dj mixers work, just not for those who live and die by software beat matching and scratching

if you have to turn the volume down, its impossible to mix basses and do the levels before you start a mix using your £200 pair of headphones

Posted Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 6:39 am
[quote=]its how dj mixers work[/quote]

Please provide links or makes and models of DJ mixers that disable the channel faders when cue is pressed.

I don't know of any which work in that manner, and I've been using DJ mixers since the 70s.

Posted Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 6:59 am
any mixer that is used is any european club since the early 1990s and all "bedroom" dj mixers for all EDM since the 1990s

Posted Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 7:08 am
Sorry but that's nonsense.

No DJ mixer that I have ever used or know of, from any time period, disables the channel feed to the master output when cue is pressed.

Please name me just one mixer specifically that behaves as you say.

Posted Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 9:36 am
you should move to a real country

all sets on youtube using controllers are some genre of "EDM", american audio needs to release a firmware fix to stop it being useless, the "EDM" market is bigger then the 100 or so people in the world that care about scratching and hiphop

more so, now the VMS4.1 is below £/$300 and theres not much compitition

if a mixer is`nt named as a scratch mixer in the shop or its name, cue should disable the channel and only play for monitor on headphones

Posted Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 10:35 am

Posted Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 10:46 am
you, good

Posted Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 10:58 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You still havent named a mixer that behaves like that though. Just one.

If this is your issue (found it from another forum) .." when the cue headphone monitor is enabled, the audio does`nt play out of the speakers whether the volume is up or down"
then definitely you are confused.
If you are experiencing this, then definitely you have something wrong in your audio configuration or the VMS4 ASIO Utility.
If you re using the LE version (which only allows a Simple External Setup, without channel routing), then probably you need to route the midilogs differently using the ASIO Utlities
Take a look here.. http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VMS4%20/%20VMS4.1.html

and last but not least. i dont think that the VMS4.1 offers any firmware update. The VMS4 does, but not the newer model.

Posted Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 11:22 am
meh ASIO, its nothing to do with asio, the on/off cueing is broke when using analog channels and any other mixing software

i dont need to name a mixer, how the cue button works is the main difference between being a mixer and a scratch mixer

if the VMS4.1 cannot update its firmware, customer services should`nt have bored me and sent me a update to try

Posted Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 12:32 pm
If you're not willing to listen then there's no point trying to help.

Posted Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 12:35 pm
I don't need to listen, I know everything about everything

I just want to know the shortcut command for the firmware update tool that is suppose to be included in the vdj vms4.1 install, but its not in the start menu on windows 7

Posted Thu 11 Dec 14 @ 3:51 am
@user9667978 this is the Atomix forum, for users of VDJ to post messages relating to VDJ.

For problems relating to VMS firmware, you need to deal with American Audio - either by phone, email or using their forum.

Posted Thu 11 Dec 14 @ 4:17 am
I know, the vms4 firmware tool has the atomix logo on, under licence atomix nodoubt packaged the vdj vms4.1 install

They can fix it

Posted Thu 11 Dec 14 @ 7:40 am
Once again - you do not need new firmware. There is no fault with the VMS4.1 mixer.

All you need to do is lower the channel fader on the channel which you want to cue. Doing this will ensure that your cue signal does not play through the speakers.

This is standard procedure for all DJ mixers.

Posted Fri 12 Dec 14 @ 5:38 am
I know, its standard for scratch mixers, not mixers, it only works in vdj, cue is just broke when using analog cannels

scratch mixers are useless for any type of mixing, its impossible to be able to do the level and eq the basses in your £200 headphones

Atomix can fix the firmware update tool

I try the firmware american audio sent me

American audio can release a firmware that stops the vms4.1 being 100% useless as a controller or a mixer in any type of setup

Posted Fri 12 Dec 14 @ 10:45 pm
This is not getting anywhere...

Atomix as a company provides SOFTWARE (VirtualDj) to use with various controllers. American Audio VMS 4.1 is only one of them.
Other than that, Atomix has nothing to do with American Audio.
Atomix CANNOT provide you a firmware or a firmware upload tool, nor change the way the device works as a stand-alone hardware mixer because it DOES NOT manufacture the device!

Several people tried to help you allready, but it appears you are not willing to listen on them.
Therefore there's no point to keep this thread alive anymore.

For all your complains regarding American Audio VMS 4.1 unit, please visit the American Audio website.

PS:
For a last time: As it has been said already, VMS 4.1 does NOT have any firmware updates. If you try to upload a firmware file that's not designed for your device (e.g. if you try to upload the VMS 4 firmware) there's a good chance to brick your device!

Topic Locked

Posted Fri 12 Dec 14 @ 11:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)