Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Skins - Wishes and new features - Page: 9

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Could we get a better indicator for skin vs current version support? Maybe even a traffic light?
The issue being that older v8 skins right now don't support pad pages, and pretty much none have the new colorfx options
And it gets confusing if you are using a skin with current build that for instance doesn't have pad pages - plus you won't even know all the added functionality is there
So maybe a green light for 100% feature support in skin, yellow light for latest new features/changes missing, and red light for "will work with v8, but only for original features"
And then when a new skin dependant feature goes into the public release, all green marked skins except the default skin becomes yellow marked, and some yellow marked skins may turn into red marked skins
Just an idea

Posted Wed 13 Feb 19 @ 7:18 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
You are right, this is annoying, may be adding <build> tag in the skin ityself as <version> is not enough would help

Posted Wed 13 Feb 19 @ 9:52 am
DREADIE2ControlleristMember since 2013
Hi Guys , can anyone Help with skin for Numark NV

Posted Sat 30 Mar 19 @ 9:37 pm

Posted Sat 30 Mar 19 @ 11:30 pm
Now that skins exist for GUI and Video and Karaoke it would be fine to be able to control panels by script not only for GUI

some examples
skin_panel 'video' 'BottomEQ' off
switch_skin_variation 'karaoke' 'Karaoke OSD 1 (light-left):/singer list'
skin_panel 'skin' 'panel' ? actionA : actionB

this would help not to use some user defined global variables

Posted Wed 15 May 19 @ 1:20 am
Another usefull feature would be some kind of "Skin plugin", a small optional feature which would be include in the skin as an extra xml file append to the original one
This way no need to edit again the whole skin and create a clone only to add a button or to try a new idea

Posted Fri 17 May 19 @ 12:26 pm
I did suggest a similar idea to Atomix a long time ago, when VDJ 8 came out, because it has the ability to add extra pop-up windows to a skin.

I thought it would be good if those extra windows could be offered here in the same way as the main skins, but to add themselves in to any other skin.

Posted Fri 17 May 19 @ 5:51 pm
Gradient type in <square> skin element.

When adding a gradient to a <square> skin element, it's only possible to shade up/down or left/right, whereas the <circle> element can be shaded out/in - because it's a circle.

Can we please also have the ability shade squares out/in?

Specifying <type> as "circular" doesn't create the right effect because it still tries to be circular within a square or oblong shape. The shading needs to follow the shape of the <square>.

Posted Sat 18 May 19 @ 10:52 pm
** Intelligent Browser Sizing **

Currently, the browser position and size has to be manually stated in the skin XML. This is fine for simple skins, but when skins have many variations of deck numbers and sizes, plus browser zoom on/off, plus any number of racks/blocks, then the quantity of <browser> statements quickly becomes unmanageable.

For instance in djdad's Blocks skin, I counted almost one hundred <browser> listings.

Wouldn't it be better to have the browser automatically expand to fill available space?

Many users ask about modifying skins to remove the rhythmwaves or make them smaller, but on skins like Blocks (or even Performance) it's impractical due the the number of <browser> statements.

Posted Sun 10 Nov 19 @ 9:46 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@groovin, Yeah I agree, maybe going further to also get racks to be easier/more stream lined, I've only given it 5 minutes of thought. I don't think this is possible yet [it might be I've not gone deep into the new skin engine yet.]
Anywho, my guess as to how it would/could work is to allow the Y position & height to accept a value called "remaining"
perhaps lines [which are de-facto rack/browser borders] could have a property; remainingPoint="yes/no" [default = no]
Then afais it would be much more straight forward.

But that's just my 5 minute thought, how are you imagining it?

Posted Mon 11 Nov 19 @ 2:59 pm
Compatible side list. We've talked about this in general topics.

Posted Sun 17 Nov 19 @ 11:35 pm
@XXX more suited to browser wishes [don't bother repost] but when
adion wrote :
could indeed be interesting

I'd take that as encouraging.

The idea's a good one.

Posted Mon 18 Nov 19 @ 12:04 am
effect_gui, shouldn't the button over colour be different to the button on colour?

Posted Wed 11 Mar 20 @ 1:22 pm
szemekPRO InfinityMember since 2019

Posted Tue 14 Apr 20 @ 5:39 am
something of nothing but it would sort of match controllers layout, padpage favourites, should they have a shift layer?
I don't use favourites layout, just 5 seconds of thought

Posted Thu 07 May 20 @ 9:07 pm
"quote=nicotux]
Another usefull feature would be some kind of "Skin plugin", a small optional feature which would be include in the skin as an extra xml file append to the original one
This way no need to edit again the whole skin and create a clone only to add a button or to try a new idea
[/quote"

"quote=groovindj]
I did suggest a similar idea to Atomix a long time ago, when VDJ 8 came out, because it has the ability to add extra pop-up windows to a skin.

I thought it would be good if those extra windows could be offered here in the same way as the main skins, but to add themselves in to any other skin.
[/quote"

This one is ready and uploaded for some times now
allows to load existing skins as complex as ... main skins, video skins, remote skins (<page/> element supported)... controllers skins and more
uploaded some time ago review pending
new version ready (fixes some issues with existing special skins)

Posted Sat 16 May 20 @ 7:23 am
Another crazy idea: Maybe it would be interesting to have a bank with some pre-drawn elements (no pic needed) for use in custom skins

here are some examples:

- Magic Eyes (l/r or t/b or growing shrinking)
- Analog vumeters
- 3D Multi Vumeter
- VB looking Vumeters, knob, sliders, 2Dsliders (grid, cross circles, squares)

Posted Tue 02 Jun 20 @ 1:11 am
I'm new to this forum, maybe wrong session where to make this request. I ask you have virtual dj developers make a new skins: Pioneer CDJ-3000NXS + DJM 2000. ??

Posted Fri 26 Jun 20 @ 10:38 pm
Hello,
I tried to add a beat bar/phrase bar, my self to the top of the main screen in the Prime 4 default skin but I failed to achieve it, no worry but should be useful to have a beat/phrase bar in the main screen of the engine even if it's for two Desks only. Just easier than to check into the mac.
- Another point a bit cosmetic but can be interesting : The possibility to adapt the time before the browser return back to the main screen in the general settings.

Posted Fri 11 Sep 20 @ 9:19 am
I would love to have this feature added into the default PRO screen... or any of the Default skins.

I use the "Comments" Portion of the ID3-Tag for helping me remember Intro lengths to different versions and remixes of songs. Looks like 32-32-16-32 . It would be great if there were a way to see the comments field as part of the Tag information that loads above the deck. I think this would benefit a lot of DJ's in the Club scene or ones that do a lot of house parties and things where you're doing club style mixing.

Also, if anyone could create a custom skin that doesn't crash the program and corrupt it, I'd really appreciate it! I really wish I knew how to do this stuff!

Thanks

Posted Thu 17 Sep 20 @ 2:15 am
71%