Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Beta Builds Regression Bugs

Topic: BUILD 2003 - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
im having pretyy much the same issues as partyboy, the clone deck is annoying, will be switching back to 1970

jamm

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 1:22 am
DJJAMM try in advanced options FPS skin and video to 25 and "songLoadPriority" to idle, analyzing/performance gets much better,
tough still on 1970 because of pitchup issue...

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 5:38 am
I take it back! the pitch up issue was related to CPU,with the above settings (FPS 25 SLoadPrio=idle) all my problems are gone!!!!back to version 2003! I've been mixing scratching for the last couple hours with no problems, no sound glitches. no audiodrops,no lags, just sometimes a bit of static whe n scratching very slow, I also raised my latency back to 256! I still have very high CPU if I select to analyze a lot of tracks at once, causing stutter and static, but its ok if I load 3 decks at once,while mixing or scratching.
also cant press play and hold vinyl,or it skips a bit...
I recommend everyone on the mac side with CPU issues to set in advanced options:Video and Skin Frames per Second= 25 or less & SongLoadPriority=idle/low

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 10:09 am
FPS video = 25 is good only when videoFile just in 25fps render (PAL standard).
Now we can set FPSskin at = 25 to great runtime
(and LOW priority load).

Augh !

Posted Fri 17 Oct 14 @ 3:54 am
Bulid - 2003 - 831
Macbook Pro osx 10.9.5
Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
Re: Using Video & Slideshow
Just running videos back to back build works fine, and just using only mp3's slideshow runs fine, It's when trying to go from video to slideshow or slideshow to video that
VDJ begins to fail videos will freeze (audio keeps going though), the graphics on the skin get choppy, slideshow will not rotate smoothly through jpg's , and will not respond if trying to turn it off.

Posted Fri 17 Oct 14 @ 7:31 am
Installed this build on my boot camped Mac earlier this week, I installed both the PC & Mac versions. I tested the Mac version a few times to make sure it was OK as I have been using the Mac version for a few weeks. Went to do a wedding tonight and found a couple of my playlists had the order messed up. Couldn't get the option to reset them to their original order. Not happy with that.

Checked the PC version when I got home and seems to be OK. Will probably return to the PC versions and maybe use VDJ7 at next weeks wedding. At least the playlists keep their order and stay intact.

Posted Fri 17 Oct 14 @ 9:46 pm
If it helps continuing from my previous post in this thread, I went back to Build: 1960-833 and going from video to slideshow and back works without a problem (for 8 hours straight) all builds after that is when the problem arose..

Cheers..

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 5:40 am
Not sure if this has been posted however, when searching for songs through Content Unlimited, if a track (that was found but not downloaded to Cache yet) is playing, VDJ8 crashes. It happens without fail, I search for 1 track, find it, load it in deck A, play it, then search for another track, then VDJ8 crashes. I have also experience a crash when I have stopped playing the track but search for another song. So far, I have only notice this with content unlimited searches not tracks on my hard-drive.

This is should be addressed on the next build.

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 7:05 am
I got rid off milkdrop thinking that that was the reason of VDj frezzing and crashing but last night it did it again using just videos, i realize last night that it starts sounding like in slowmotion and the EQ knobs in vdj start going crazy as soon i load some videos, not all. Using video clips on the sampler it works with no problem.

Asus i7 nvidia card
Numark v7, american audio 10mxr

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 10:47 am

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 4:45 pm
SMH ........ of course the bpm is going to fluctuate! it's a turntable GEARS AND SHIT MOVING TOGETHER. if you want it static just get a DDj sx or any controller and your BPM WILL NEVER change. No two turntables are alike even if they are calibrated they will still fluctuate to some degree. take two records and see how line up they stay.... they drift evendtually. take those two records on a controller line them up and they will always stay together.

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 5:07 pm
The only problem i see.. is that you are too focus on the DECIMALS. If VDJ didn't give you a decimal read out and gave you whole numbers instead, you would think vdj is perfect. don't worry about them fluctuating. it's no biggie you have no problem. im using the time code and the decimal slight fluctuation never stop me from doing crazy mixes

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 5:11 pm
What you guys dont get is my w/f has never giving me those results. the bpm is steady but the bpms drifts upward from beginning to end. If i would have let the whole song play the begining of the song would have been 83.00-/+ the end of the song would have been 84.00-/+.

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 7:07 pm
DJ J-Jeovani wrote :
SMH ........ of course the bpm is going to fluctuate! it's a turntable GEARS AND SHIT MOVING TOGETHER. if you want it static just get a DDj sx or any controller and your BPM WILL NEVER change. No two turntables are alike even if they are calibrated they will still fluctuate to some degree. take two records and see how line up they stay.... they drift evendtually. take those two records on a controller line them up and they will always stay together.

Need spinning wheels, looking at 3700s

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 7:14 pm
nevermind, i think im seeing its just certain songs. one song jump +2, everytime. while one song stays steady. gonna check the file coding.

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 7:22 pm
espepePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Tell me if you fix this because I have the same issue whit all songs

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 8:49 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJ J-Jeovani wrote :

+1. That video is a fail.

We already covered an explanation of why this is happening on page 48 of the original timecode thread:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/187224/VirtualDJ_8_bug-report_Forum/Timecode_users___________SOLVED_.html?search=timecode&page=48

For those who are having issues, got back and read it..

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 9:11 pm
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I have a small problem (small Bug) I have filter-folder with name =>70´s.
now I want to rename. System dont save new name .

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 10:37 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I cant reproduce that here. I can rename any Filter Folder and it saves fine here.
If you can reproduce it , please provide more details for that.

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 12:36 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
DJ-Inspire wrote :
Not sure if this has been posted however, when searching for songs through Content Unlimited, if a track (that was found but not downloaded to Cache yet) is playing, VDJ8 crashes. It happens without fail, I search for 1 track, find it, load it in deck A, play it, then search for another track, then VDJ8 crashes. I have also experience a crash when I have stopped playing the track but search for another song. So far, I have only notice this with content unlimited searches not tracks on my hard-drive.

This is should be addressed on the next build.

Cant reproduce that here. Can you provide an example for a track that you search for, and exactly what you type in the Search ?

Btw, the last crash uploaded to our server from you is with build 1960. When this crash occured (since you said you were using Content Unlimited), you should be online and the crash should be uploaded. By crash, you mean that the software silently restarted ? or maybe froze and you had to restart ? Are you sure you were using the latest build 2003 ?

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 12:41 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)