Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer DDJ SZ and VDJ 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

rhousePRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hello . My Denon MC6000 finally died after years of great service. I decided to really upgrade. I just ordered a Pioneer DDJ SZ . My decision was dictated on the fact that the controller closely mimics the CDJs that are in the clubs.

Anyone have experience with this controller using VDJ 8 VS Serato DJ?

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 6:43 pm
Ok Got it hooked up and running. Cant seem to figure out the record function on VDJ 8 need help there please

Posted Thu 04 Sep 14 @ 11:57 am

Posted Thu 04 Sep 14 @ 12:00 pm
DJMistaCPRO InfinityVDJ Radio TeamMember since 2009
I have the SZ and have not had any issues at the moment with VDJ 8 and the SZ. Seems to be a great pair together lol.
To be able to record/broadcast with the sz and VDJ 8 you need to add a record ch 9/10 so that it will get the sound back to VDJ.

so it would be something like this:
deck 1-----pioneer sz----1/2
deck 2-----pioneer sz----3/4
record-----pioneer sz----9/10

that should allow you to record your mixes within vdj. The link provided above should reference that in detail.

Charlie

Posted Thu 04 Sep 14 @ 10:49 pm
Thanks this tip has worked

Posted Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 11:57 am
Is the ddj sz working perfect with Vdj8?

Posted Sun 12 Oct 14 @ 4:11 am
ccepeda20 wrote :
I have the SZ and have not had any issues at the moment with VDJ 8 and the SZ. Seems to be a great pair together lol.

Posted Sun 12 Oct 14 @ 4:27 am
Sorry for the late response.
VDJ works perfectly with DDJ 1 SZ. I used to have freezes all the time with VDJ 7 , now none with VDJ8

Posted Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 7:06 pm
I need a new controller and I am actually considering this one. When it first came out, I thought it was too big, but now that it works with VDJ, I am taking a closer look. So you guys are saying that it works great with VDJ 8, and I should jump into the pool? The Oscillator and Sound Color FX effects, are these hardware or software effects?

Posted Sat 25 Oct 14 @ 2:53 am
he Oscillator and Sound Color FX effects, are hardware effects

Posted Sat 25 Oct 14 @ 3:14 am
And the mixer section and filters are pioneer hardware too not midi controls :-)

Posted Sat 25 Oct 14 @ 3:42 am
Thanks, just took a look at the wiki link provided by Groovin, and got a great deal of info. Thanks to the VDJ team, for providing all this info.

Posted Sun 26 Oct 14 @ 12:42 pm
i have a ddj sz but needing to pay for my controller licence and pro subscriber to use it thought it was free for the pioneer ddj-sz?
any help any one ?

Posted Sun 01 May 16 @ 6:44 am

Posted Sun 01 May 16 @ 8:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)