Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Scripts you'd like to see - Page: 6
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
There's nothing special about action parameters other than being enclosed in ``
get_text already parses those but you might be able to work around using constant '`' and param_add

Posted Tue 18 May 21 @ 8:52 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
thank you for that pointer, I shall look into that.
slight mistake in my example, there was no need for the toggle, I sort of span two ideas together and missed that it didn't totally make sense.

It's a loose idea to address casting to several params, I'll poke at it a bit to see what happens.

Posted Tue 18 May 21 @ 9:23 am
browser_gotofavourite

still give it the full path, it checks if such a favourite exists, if yes go to it, if not go to path,
maybe even smarter check down the filepath & stop at the nearest favourite it finds

Posted Sun 12 Sep 21 @ 4:34 am
pitch XXX.X bpm

could/should we cast to that as 'beats'

current method

set 'test' 130 & param_multiply `get_var 'test'` `param_1_x & get_bpm absolute` & param_cast 'percent' & pitch

set 'test' 0 & set 'test' -1 & param_multiply `get_var 'test'` `param_1_x & get_bpm absolute` & param_cast 'percent' & param_cast 'relative' & pitch

Posted Thu 16 Sep 21 @ 8:29 pm
"pitch 130 bpm" should already work, or do you mean you want to get the value from a variable?

Posted Fri 17 Sep 21 @ 4:48 am
correct on the latter [and yes former does work]

Posted Fri 17 Sep 21 @ 5:49 am
Would love to get script verbs, actions and parameters for MIDI output! That way, we could set up a Point of Interest (PoI) action with a script to send a MIDI note to another device or software.

One use case would be to trigger something in Ableton.
Another use case would be to trigger something in a lighting software or lighting desk.

I'm actually amazed that the only way to do this is with CDJs and ShowKontrol, and that's EXPENSIVE.

Posted Thu 23 Sep 21 @ 1:05 am
Not a wish for a specific task just feels like it's been neglected, I was thinking about sample picked from tag and how it would be a big if else, I thought I'd a try enum but no cast seems to take to sampler_ scripts

set "rrr" 4 & get_var "rrr" & param_cast 'int' & sampler_play_stop
set "rrr" 4 & get_var "rrr" & param_cast 'int' & sampler_select & sampler_play_stop

Posted Tue 19 Oct 21 @ 3:02 am
effect_6slots_layout

doesn't this need to exist?

Posted Sat 23 Oct 21 @ 6:48 pm
can command
get_text "@fx6slots_deck`get_deck`" & param_cast "text" & skin_panel

can't query though
get_text "@fx6slots_deck`get_deck`" & param_cast "text" & skin_panel ? DOESN'T WORK

Posted Sun 24 Oct 21 @ 1:05 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
setting skin3FxLayout
setting skin6FxLayout
to be per skin ...

a workaround ?

the reason is the param is now an independent data bus as well as return value and display
... and calling conventions differ in custom_buttons pads buttons, pad name, button name, main skin query and videoskin queries and script queries... maybe map and remote skin too (untested)
and sliders and custom sliders are worth

as autocast was mostly removed everywhere in main script engine, param used for query is here still '@fxslots_deck<deckid>' after action returns and return parameter is a boolean.
direct test will be both true and false because this is text
A cast or a & breaks the query mode and action apply
if && is used to test it will destroy the query mode as well and such will apply action too (and is currently buggy, applying on display only but not script queries anymore)

As param is still unchanged and result is cast-able or query-able then with a toggle action like this one use double request and query the return value:

get_text "@fx6slots_deck`get_deck`" & param_cast text & skin_pannel & skin_pannel && param_equal true ? debug & debug false : debug & debug true

... and by the way the result is inverted ?

this is a very good example of the ease of use added to the new advanced VDJ scripting engine

skin_panel "@fx6slots_deck`get_deck`" ?...
would have been too complex and unreadable for sure ;/

Posted Sun 24 Oct 21 @ 7:05 am
karaoke_add shouldn't it also add singer if browsed file has one?

Posted Fri 29 Oct 21 @ 3:54 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
agree it should and it does with browsed lists entries (karaoke history) but browsed songs do not have one
and by the way, karaoke_add browsing karaoke list does not add karaoke file but adds songs window file
"karaoke top ==> karaoke append ==> karaoke top remove" would have been too simple

Posted Fri 29 Oct 21 @ 4:26 pm
I want a led to flash up with a delay.

My script is not working (with 'wait'):
deck active get_beat_num 1 8 ? wait 500ms & on : off

Any idea?

Posted Tue 14 Dec 21 @ 12:38 pm
use blink

Posted Tue 14 Dec 21 @ 5:37 pm
locodog wrote :
use blink

I don't really want to blink. :-)

In my livestream I use Resolume with VirtualDJ. "Rhythmic" midi commands (generated by virtualdj) control the visuals in resolume. My live camera is delayed (about 500 ms). I have already resolved the audio delay but I would also like to delay the midi events. The goal is to keep the live camera in sync with the music and visuals.

How could I delay midi events?

Posted Tue 14 Dec 21 @ 9:12 pm
get_clock unix

probably too late for most, but would be nice to have a way to output text to display a countdown to midnight.
I've managed in the past but rsi's are fuzzy

Posted Fri 17 Dec 21 @ 8:36 am
You can use the event scheduler to get the start time right

Posted Fri 17 Dec 21 @ 9:07 am
I'm thinking more general countdown [it's 38 minutes to midnight], than the big count down.

I've got something worked out better than last time, but it's pretty involved to get there [was involved last time, I suppose unix would have been be too]

event @ time = set '$time' 3600 & eventscheduler_start 'tick'
tick start after 1 s = cycle '$time' -3601 & eventscheduler_start 'tock'
tock start after 1 s = cycle '$time' -3601 & eventscheduler_start 'tick'

button to turn it to min:sec [send to text not done]
repeat_start 'ticktock' 50ms -1 & set sec `param_mod 60 "get_var $time" & param_cast '00'` & set min `param_multiply 0.0166666666666 "get_var $time" & param_cast int_trunc & param_cast '00'` & set_var counter `param_add "get_text ':'" "get_var 'min'"` & set_var counter `param_add "get_var 'sec'" "get_var 'counter'"`

Posted Fri 17 Dec 21 @ 10:27 am
param_cast 'text' 2 6
1st char count, 2nd index

Posted Fri 17 Dec 21 @ 7:26 pm
83%