Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Controlling QLC+ DMX lighting program from VDJ8 via MIDI IAC Driver on Mac? - Page: 4.35

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

NicotuxHome userMember since 2014

Posted Fri 19 Oct 18 @ 10:11 am
WOW

Very good even a 64 bit variant

Posted Fri 19 Oct 18 @ 10:18 am
Warning, Not so good, hightly experimental; everything have to be fix as bluesreen2 said

The good thing is we do not have the same vision and feel ... :)

Posted Fri 19 Oct 18 @ 10:32 am
But at least a beginning
So far, it did not look that way

_____________-
Aber immerhin ein Anfang
Bis jetzt sah es noch gar nicht so aus

Posted Fri 19 Oct 18 @ 10:39 am
Hi,
Example 1 (8 Steps on Beat)
get_beat_num 8 & param_multiply 255 & set $VDJartnetsend gives you 0,32,64,96,128,159,191,223

If you wish to move the steps :

Example 2 (8 Steps on Beat: 1/8 = 0.125)
get_beat_num 8 & param_add 0.125 & param_multiply 255 & set $VDJartnetsend gives you 32,64,96,128,159,191,223,255

Example 3 (16 Steps on Beat: 1/16 = 0.0625)
get_beat_num 16 & param_add 0.0625 & param_multiply 255 & set $VDJartnetsend gives you 16,32...64.....128......223,239,255

Example 4 (5 Steps on Beat: 1/5 = 0.2)
get_beat_num 5 & param_add 0.2 & param_multiply 255 & set $VDJartnetsend gives you 51,102,153,204,255

Example 5 (5 Steps your script, special function out of 4/4 beat ?)
get_beat_num 5 & param_multiply 319 & param_cast integer & set $VDJartnetsend gives you 0,64,128,191,255

Windows 32bit DLL Github 10.05.2018 modified 20.10.18
VDJArtnet
DLL.zip" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://www.cave-live.info/VDJArtnetDLL.zip

Posted Sat 20 Oct 18 @ 11:50 am
CannenPRO InfinityMember since 2016
Not sure I understand how this works. Is it only cue points or does it also use the beatgrid? If it does, since VDJ doesn't seem to use elastic beatgrids, how does music with a live drummer work?

Posted Mon 22 Oct 18 @ 5:25 am
Can anyone help me to do the basic thing: On VDJ, when an "action" marker is played ("set artnet 35" for example) I want to trigger a button on QLC+ thats it. I dont understand (probably nothing) about artnet and complex vdj script.

Posted Mon 22 Oct 18 @ 5:10 pm
Hello,

i made a little tutorial about VDJArtnet to use, but its in german. Sorry for crappy sound....its my first video and used the laptop mic.
If its needed, i would try to do in english too.

https://youtu.be/dJB3Q0eWlhc

regards, ralf

Posted Mon 22 Oct 18 @ 5:21 pm
Cannen wrote :
Not sure I understand how this works. Is it only cue points or does it also use the beatgrid? If it does, since VDJ doesn't seem to use elastic beatgrids, how does music with a live drummer work?

Yes you can use also the presets which uses the beatgrid. For example you take the preset "first 1 of 8 " to a line (line=artnet channel) and pick up the channel in qlc+ as external input to a slider or button. Now every first of eight beat of beatgrid is send to qlc+. As slider would be up or down because value is 0 or 255. If you take preset "peak of waveform" it sends values from 0 to 255 depending of intensity of playing peaks of waveform. The newest presets I have made are every beat from beatgrid with different fade out. ( is not uploaded yet) . This sends on beat 255 and fade out to 0. You can do make pulsing beat effects , not only ON or Off on beats.
For music with live drummer you can use preset peak instead of beat. But you can mix all. Some lights on beat, other on peaks. Or with Cues. So you set marker to use peaks then next marker to switch to beats then next marker to stop. All possible. At the moment if you use a Cue preset it would only send 255 to qlc+ and you can add it as external input . But I can create some preset in combination with a function. I would then give the action command a variable name dependent on function you will use. Could be "set script_peak 1" instead of "set artnet 1" Must be a variable name which is not in use in Virtual DJ. All possible. I will make some examples presets in next dll.

regards ralf

Posted Mon 22 Oct 18 @ 6:15 pm
brunoliv wrote :
Can anyone help me to do the basic thing: On VDJ, when an "action" marker is played ("set artnet 35" for example) I want to trigger a button on QLC+ thats it. I dont understand (probably nothing) about artnet and complex vdj script.

In your example you should use first time a preset still in there such Cue1 with artnet 1 used.
Pick this to line you wish (line=artnet channel)
In qlc+ activate input artnet on 127.0.0.1
Create a button as flashbutton and add a scene to it.External input of button have a look to Artnet and double click channel, insert channel number (number of line you put the preset at plugin in).
Now set marker in poi editor of track ,name it and use as action. Action code: set artnet 1

Make a second marker and there as action: set artnet 0 (this will stop the script) .

The flashbutton will be ON if reaches the first marker and will be OFF at second marker.

Try out. Have a look on my YouTube Video from today ...some postings before. It's in German language but you can watch what I do.

regards ralf

Posted Mon 22 Oct 18 @ 6:35 pm
Hello Ralf

A great video. , ,
Simply ingenious and easy to explain. Even your built-in scripts expand the plugin phenomenally

THANK YOU

Posted Mon 22 Oct 18 @ 6:44 pm
EXELBONSAI wrote :
Hello Ralf

A great video. , ,
Simply ingenious and easy to explain. Even your built-in scripts expand the plugin phenomenally

THANK YOU

Ahrg. First tutorial on the fly, but it's easier to understand by looking instead of much static text. ;-)

The older versions of plugin has excluded config and preset.txt file. This is better to exchange cool scripts by user. Don't know why the developers goes the way with included presets.

If in future 64bit version of plugin comes as release all the scripts can be used also.

A wish to developers :
- exclude preset.txt and config.txt
- preset names in lines instead of full script if preset pushed to line
- full script accept in line if first letter is ~. So you can test live without close/open plugin and after that you can edit the config.txt and preset.txt to add new preset with name

regards ralf

Posted Mon 22 Oct 18 @ 7:25 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Good job guys.

Posted Thu 25 Oct 18 @ 11:32 pm
Hello,

@Jonathan Tanner: Thanks for your reply and also that VDJArtnet goes to V 1.0 :D

A look in code of comming V1.0 i saw that a handful of presets are input in dll file and you see them on first start of plugin.
But there is a new feature to load an external preset file, too.

In the between time of waiting to V 1.0 i made some more presets scripts and some changes in windows 32 bit dll from Github 05/2018.
The changes in dll will bring this feature and now we can exchange some cool scripts until the big release will come. They can used also in all other versions in future.

So lets diskuss and upload here some cool VDJ-scripts in txt-file-format :D

Here now the package with a ReadmeFirst.txt with manual.

http://www.cave-live.info/vdjartnet/VDJ ... itPack.zip

Hope it helps someone, regards Ralf

Waveform Level Script to QLC+ with slider and cue list. Also possible with slider and speed dial.

https://youtu.be/J2vZ2xc4ZYY

Or First Beat of 4 Fadeout Script.

https://youtu.be/Uc5x7o4-fZQ

Posted Sat 03 Nov 18 @ 2:06 pm

Posted Sun 04 Nov 18 @ 1:52 pm

Posted Tue 06 Nov 18 @ 8:27 pm
If you're interested in, I've fixed many issues with VDJartnet:

Based on: GIT VDJartnet master 2018/12/08

Fixed:
+ Compilation issues and warnings
+ Stability (Many changes in code)
+ Bugs : Network, speed, in config presets...
Added :
+ Universe control
+ Compile for 32/64bits on windows
+ Return code out of range 0..255 in $VDJartnetsend to keeps the control as is (default), no more set to 0 or 255
Removed:
- The need of StringLinker / Haskel (external defaultPresets file)
In progress:
+The funky buttons... not reflecting their status
+ Multiple instances for multiple universes
In guess... maybe & ideas
- Load config
- Load preset
- Save Config
- Save as preset
- Presets Banks
- Strings parameter to load alternative configs on the fly

Posted Mon 25 Feb 19 @ 3:21 am
I've just done this setup myself, very easy to do. hardest part will be setting up QLC+ to operate your own fixtures and choosing the next song to test. Rock on VDJ and the team involved in this plug in, Massimo for QLC+ tool, he also sells a tweaked quick booting Pi image to act as bridge (wifit -> dmx/artnet etc ) . consider donating.
For those feeling adventurous theres a Árduino to rgb led sketch that works great with neopixel strings and this setup.

Posted Mon 25 Feb 19 @ 6:44 am
Nicotux wrote :
If you're interested in, I've fixed many issues with VDJartnet:

Based on: GIT VDJartnet master 2018/12/08

Fixed:
+ Compilation issues and warnings
+ Stability (Many changes in code)
+ Bugs : Network, speed, in config presets...
Added :
+ Universe control
+ Compile for 32/64bits on windows
+ Return code out of range 0..255 in $VDJartnetsend to keeps the control as is (default), no more set to 0 or 255
Removed:
- The need of StringLinker / Haskel (external defaultPresets file)
In progress:
+The funky buttons... not reflecting their status
+ Multiple instances for multiple universes
In guess... maybe & ideas
- Load config
- Load preset
- Save Config
- Save as preset
- Presets Banks
- Strings parameter to load alternative configs on the fly

This sounds great. I would like to test your versions. :-)

Regards, Ralf

Posted Mon 25 Feb 19 @ 5:26 pm

Posted Mon 25 Feb 19 @ 6:12 pm
70%