Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer DDJ SX setup

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there!

I own a HP PC 2000, I have been using the Vestax Typhoon controller with my VDJ however it cannot be used without the USB hub provided which I found interesting. So, I recently purchased the DDJ SX controller in white, blemished it was only opened once but it has the Serato DJ cd installation disc. I went to the pioneer website and downloaded the software, and tried opening VDJ but it said my soundcard wasnt plugged in, I changed the asio driver to the Pioneer there in the dropdown in the config and still the same problem.

I have no idea what to do. Do I need to download the firmware AND the driver software from the pioneer website? And do I need to uninstall my vestax asio driver??

Help?

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 2:16 pm

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 6:01 pm
The DDJ-SX should not be switched to other software mode. it's natively supported in the default Serato mode.

If you are trying to configure it with VirtualDJ v7, please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/DDJ-SX.html

Otherwise in VirtualDJ v8, simply click the Pioneer DDJ-SX button in the sound setup section.

NOTE: Some controllers that are not compatible with the USB 3.0 chipset in some computers require a USB 2.0 hub to work around this issue. The DDJ-SX is a recent controller and shouldn't need this (Unless you are short of USB ports.)

Posted Wed 11 Jun 14 @ 5:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)