Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Instrument/Sample Volume - How to save?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

By default, the instrument, sample, etc. volume is all the way up.

I need to turn this down to ZERO and have the software save it. I don't want my speakers blown because I hits wrong button.

How do I save these volume levels?

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 8:19 am
You can't.

The issue has already been raised, but they've just provided alternatives rather than a solution.

e.g. if you select edit for each sample, there's a gain knob that can be lowered, then you have to save.

That would mean though that you'd have to edit/gain/save on each sample, then again on each sample when you wanted to turn it up.

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 8:31 am
The solution is to adjust in the sample editor. It is not a workaround.

It needs to be like this in order to work with controllers,

Look at it like this:
You have 2 sample banks each with 1 sample on.
Sample Bank 1 has Sample A in Pad 1
Sample Bank 2 has Sample B in Pad 1

The way controllers are set up is to trigger sampler_pads so in this case sampler_pad 1.
So that you can change sampler_banks and trigger the sample in pos of Pad 1.

If it wasn't like this you would need buttons for every individual sample.

Now if you adjust the volume of sampler_pad 1 whilst in Sample Bank 1 you only want it to affect that sample. Not everyone in PadPos 1 in every bank.
Which is why the volume is reset when you change the sample banks.

You may want Sample A to be at 50% volume and Sample B and 100% volume. So if you adjust the gain for each sample (you only have to do this once) this is remembered.

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 8:40 am
Not everyone will be using a controller...

Plus, people see what's on screen - and that's a volume control. They don't expect it to move after they've set it where they want it!

Maybe consider a master sampler volume level that can be set and remembered, so that the chance of blowing speakers is minimised.

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 8:56 am
I think VDJ is missing the point. Mine is not saving any volume for samplers.

If you are playing music at a respectable volume and you hit a sampler button (either on purpose or by accident), you will either disrupt the crowd with a VERY LOUD SOUND or you could potentially blow your speakers.

This, as well as the other show stoppers for Mac should perhaps be the #1 priority to be fixed. An "all hands on deck" sort of commitment.

Or, perhaps the Mac version needs PULLED. There are show stoppers in this release that are concerning.

Maybe the release should have been delayed and it looks like solution to the many Mac problems may not coming any time soon since we are at about 10 days since the problems were reported.

And please don't think I am unappreciative... I love the software. Just a few major concerns as I head into a VERY busy weekend with software that I know has issues.

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 9:32 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
djmagicmoments wrote :
I think VDJ is missing the point. Mine is not saving any volume for samplers.

Yes Volume Sampler is not saved but Gain from Sample Editor should be saved. So just make sure you bring all of your Samples to the same gain (manual normalize) so that they all play at the same volume.
Version 7 was indeed saving the Volume, but now we have Gain as well, which in a way can behave the same way regarding the output level.

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 10:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)