Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Sampler - Wishes & new features - Page: 9.15

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

It's a shame the following still haven't been implemented - these things would make the sampler SO much more powerful and easy to use, and I would imagine some of these things would be fairly easy to implement:

Apply same settings to a selection
* Being able to select multiple samples and apply the same settings to them (i.e. looping, audio/video switches, BPM, etc).
* Being able to set multiple thumbnails at once (eg. select several samples, and say "use the frame at 10 seconds into each sample as the thumbnail image".

This would be a massive time-saver for users and from my point of view are the most important on this list. When people import products like my VDJ Toolkit series that feature over 100 clips, they have to configure each of those clips individually when they should just be able to select them all and apply the same settings.

Cover art bug
Currently, if a video clip has 'cover art' embedded in it, VirtualDJ uses this as the thumbnail. But when you make any changes within the Sampler editor, this thumbnail is lost meaning you have to then manually select a frame to use as an icon.

Sampler/deck video priority
It seems that the sampler always overrides the video playing on the decks - would be good to be able to select a priority, so the sampler could play 'under' the deck video, and act as a fall-back if an audio track is played that doesn't have a video. I imagine people might want to change this frequently, so maybe a toggle switch within the video mixer panel. I guess the same would go for video generated by effects plugins - maybe have a little draggable icon for each video source, so the order can be easily rearranged when needed?

Play modes
* A mode where only one sample can play at a time, regardless of sample bank (avoids the confusion of having multiple clips playing but only being able to see one, and saves having to switch off one clip before switching on another).

* A mode where multiple samples from one group could be selected and played in a looping sequence (ie each clip plays through once then moves to the next, and eventually loops back to the start of the sequence again. So it acts like a video playlist)

Posted Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 3:53 pm
+1 for the Sampler/deck video priority

Posted Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 7:44 pm
Great features Phil if they can be utilised

Posted Thu 09 Mar 17 @ 1:44 pm
I would love to have a "beatwave" associated with the sampler output to see the sync between the sampler and the decks.
If the sampler is assigned to a deck, that deck's beatwave should be playing the sample aswell.

Posted Mon 15 May 17 @ 1:16 pm
it would be nice to change the pitch of a sampler

Posted Thu 15 Jun 17 @ 2:01 am
ability to drag an image over a sampler bank to set the image of that sampler bank

Posted Thu 15 Jun 17 @ 2:05 am
A.eXe 1PRO InfinityMember since 2011
+1 for sampler pitch change. I currently use a vst for that but has latency but if it was an on board change through vdj it might eliminate the latency.

Posted Thu 15 Jun 17 @ 11:48 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What would you use that for exactly? Pitch up/down by semi-tones the entire sampler, or for each sample, or pre-set in sample-editor?

Posted Thu 15 Jun 17 @ 12:11 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I see it as a padpage dial 1 picks the sample, dial 2 picks the scale, the pads call the sample at a semi tone.

Posted Thu 15 Jun 17 @ 5:28 pm
if each sample player had its own key control you could use it to match sample key to the key of the playing track as it is now we have to use our ears or know the keys ahead of time.

thanks

Posted Thu 15 Jun 17 @ 7:30 pm
If you route the sample output through a deck, does the key control of the deck not affect it?

Posted Thu 15 Jun 17 @ 7:58 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
NAFAIK

Posted Thu 15 Jun 17 @ 8:16 pm
I can only get the key control to work if the sample slot is loaded to a deck @groovindj, There are very few VDJ audio effects that are non external VST's that I can get to work without the sample slots having to be loaded to a deck first unless I'm doing something wrong. Echo and Flippin Doubles are the only effects that come to mind that the sampler slot doesn't have to be loaded to a deck first in order to get the effect to work.

Posted Thu 15 Jun 17 @ 11:54 pm
@Adion, it could be used something like or similar to the the sampler loop command 'sampler_loop "current" 0.5 play" while pressed' but instead like 'sampler_key "current" +/-1 play" while pressed'. It would be more versatile like that instead of the being preset because that can be done when the sample is being created and then your stuck to that same key (where's the fun?). I usually use the pitch control for the last bar of a phrase of an acapella sample when I want to emphasis something or an entire quick one shot sample rarely do I use it for an entire sample but do on occasion.
I don't have to tell the majority of the users out there that one of the MANY things that sets VDJ apart from the other DJ softwares is how powerful it can be once you start to understand scripting. With scripting and the sampler being used with effects you can use VDJ not only as a DJ software but as a live production tool as well. Take "Missy Elliott - Get Ur Freak On (Peep This Remix)" for example. Get a dope beat, an acapella sample, a few effects to apply to the acapella and BAM something like this can be done live.
So while I'm here in the forum I might as well make another request.....
Adding the VDJ native effects to work with the sampler output without having to load the sample slot to a deck first.

Posted Fri 16 Jun 17 @ 12:47 am
sampler bank1 and sampler bank 2 both visible at the same time in replacement of a decks 3 and 4 while keeping another sampler bank open in the side view.

Posted Wed 28 Jun 17 @ 5:31 pm
djdad wrote :
No actions available to either name/rename/create Sampler Bank or batch-set samples to Sync mode.

Feel free to add all these in the Wishes Forum

Posted Tue 04 Jul 17 @ 4:19 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I would love to know the amount of requests or wishes that have been made for the video sampler alone never mind any other part of the software in the past three year's and how many have actually being implemented, these wish list forums are only here for padding and serve no real purpose.

Posted Thu 06 Jul 17 @ 1:25 am
Hi All, I was wondering if there is any possibility of having the "sequencer" feature soon for VDJ 8.2? is there any plan of having it in the coming releases ?
I meant something similar to the remix decks in Traktor, or the sequencer used in Rekordbox ( I mean similar not a copy of those plugin, because I beleive VirtualDJ staff can do better work all the time).I a fan of VirtualDJ long time ago so I am looking forward of having this kind of feature. Now I am using the VDJ sampler with all its capabilities and it is awesome but I am thinking of this feature in case I want to build my own loop live for once and let it play in the sequencer for as long as I want instead of keep playing it by fingers, since I am using the DDJ-SZ with the performance pads.
Thank you

Posted Tue 05 Sep 17 @ 12:35 pm
I use the sampler in a mix of Video/Audio and Audio Only. Selecting a Video will only play the audio unless I enable the video which means I need to turn off video at the end to keep from overriding the video from the other application I am running. I suggest that VIDEO sample edit includes a button that would turn on video at the launch point of the video and turn it off at the end. If the video is already on at the time of launch then leave it on (do nothing).

Posted Mon 16 Oct 17 @ 2:53 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I don't believe how the developers have ignored simple requests over the years, I asked this question over three and a half years ago, what is the point of any of these request forums if you simply refuse or ignore or worse still are unable to implement simple requests of your users. As far as I can see you have left it up to a third party developer to make any progress on the video side of things.

Has this company gone as far as it can in development of it's product because it is certainly acting as those it has. I used to love this programme but your neglect and total disregard for it's core users has now made me look at it as just another piece of kit... so disappointed.

Posted Sat 21 Oct 17 @ 11:37 pm
64%