Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Sampler - Wishes & new features - Page: 7.15

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Yep same here, see the previous page mate, unfortunately some wishes are getting completely ignored.

I can't fathom why if these wishes are possible if you have the skill set of a skinner, why no one has been able to put them into a skin yet.

Would someone please look down kindly and show us how and where to change the code to achieve what we require, thanks.

Posted Tue 12 Apr 16 @ 7:26 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
In the next build you will be able to select whether sampler pad images are as they are now, larger images with text or larger images with no text.

Posted Wed 13 Apr 16 @ 9:16 am
That is brilliant news Scott, cheers!

Now there's just the small matter of the two... rofl

Posted Wed 13 Apr 16 @ 11:27 am
Don't read too much in to that. I was told a feature request I needed to provide database info to my venue would be in the next build and that was two months ago.

I know there external things that influence release schedules however you sort of assume it's going to be quicker than that.

Posted Wed 13 Apr 16 @ 12:55 pm
I know I might be pushing it... haha, but while your on with those icon squares I thought maybes you might as well sort out the sample banks drop down selector and make it so there's a button instead to open up a "sample bank grid" you know it will take you only a couple of minutes to sort it out... rofl

Posted Wed 13 Apr 16 @ 5:49 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Despite what is posted above I don't actually see many real requests for the video side of the sampler; the main complaints seem to be the ability to use a full icon instead of a smaller image, capability to apply video effects and some rotation type options that would allow it to serve as a random clipbank replacement.

That seems to be pretty much the main concerns as far I can see?

Hi Scott, It's good to read that the icon size issue is going to be addressed in the next build, however your reply would suggest you either haven't noticed the other 5 suggestions I made, or you don't consider them to be useful features?

Just to repeat in case they were missed (although they're the same things I explained to you at BPM 3 years ago which you seemed to agree with at the time):
philbearman wrote :

1. Being able to select multiple samples and apply the same settings to them (i.e. looping, audio/video switches, BPM, etc).

2. Being able to set multiple thumbnails at once (eg. select several samples, and say "use the frame at 10 seconds into each sample as the thumbnail image".

3. Bigger thumbnails - i.e. Have the thumbnails fill the grid boxes to the edges, and get rid of the filename below.

4. Sampler/deck video priority - It seems that the sampler always overrides the video playing on the decks - would be good to be able to select a priority, so the sampler could play 'under' the deck video, and act as a fall-back if an audio track is played that doesn't have a video. I imagine people might want to change this frequently, so maybe a toggle switch within the video mixer panel. I guess the same would go for video generated by effects plugins - maybe have a little draggable icon for each video source, so the order can be easily rearranged when needed?

5. A mode where only one sample can play at a time, regardless of sample bank (avoids the confusion of having multiple clips playing but only being able to see one, and saves having to switch off one clip before switching on another).

6. A mode where multiple samples from one group could be selected and played in a looping sequence (ie each clip plays through once then moves to the next, and eventually loops back to the start of the sequence again. So it acts like a video playlist)

I've always praised VirtualDJ as being perfect for using with my visuals products in the past, but I struggle to be enthusiastic about it these days when development of the video side is so painfully slow. If/when these features get implemented I will be happy to shout about them to my customers, because I truly believe they would make VDJ so much more user-friendly for video playback!

Posted Tue 10 May 16 @ 12:53 pm
Now that we have (in VDJ 8.2) the option to record directly to a sample pad/slot using sampler_rec x is there any chance that Atomix can add record buttons in the actual sampler view?

You know, just to make it easier for people to use, instead of having to assign custom buttons and so on? And so people can see the feature is there, if they don't frequent the forum, read the wiki etc.

Now OK maybe it's not practical on the pad view, but it could be accomodated in the list view surely?

Oh and while we're at it, the ability to switch samples beween loop and one-shot on the fly, without having to go into edit for every sample. Like we could with VDJ 7.

Thanks

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 7:10 pm
dfyffePRO InfinityMember since 2003
I would like the sampler load command in vdj8, I have not switch to vdj8 fully because of this, I need to be able to load samples on the fly, I use it with my Sample Randomizer. Thank you.

Posted Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 6:23 pm
A.eXe 1PRO InfinityMember since 2011
My apologies if this request has already been asked earlier in this topic because I haven't read through it all but how about the ability to have video fx work with samples?

Posted Tue 05 Jul 16 @ 9:43 pm
Yep it's on the list...

Posted Wed 06 Jul 16 @ 9:20 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Any chance of a play speed option per sample, x2 x1 x1/2

Posted Mon 11 Jul 16 @ 11:54 pm
drjustPRO InfinityMember since 2006
improved sampler editing....serato has this
ability to assign audio effect banks to samples banks...traktor has this

Posted Thu 14 Jul 16 @ 6:36 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Explain what you want improved exactly.

Posted Thu 14 Jul 16 @ 7:40 am
I've got a load of amen breaks, they're too short for the beat engine to get right. [actually even get any thing]
If say the beat engine fails could it not ask

'How many beats long is this track'

then it does the maths with track length.

Posted Wed 20 Jul 16 @ 1:38 am
Sort of a sampler and hardware wish here, I think it's not possible yet.
I've a load of amen breaks [on a launchpad II] to play over frenchcore-hardtek and of course they're all in the same group [have to be] so they're all the same colour, so it's tricky to pick the right one.

Could samples be in the same group but different colours or am I looking at this the wrong way?

Posted Mon 08 Aug 16 @ 1:12 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
On a controller, the only thing that can help you identifying groups is their colors, so i doubt that this will ever change. On the skin you can have different Icons and different names of course.

Posted Sat 13 Aug 16 @ 2:57 pm
you can just recolour at the xml level, :-D solved.

Posted Sat 13 Aug 16 @ 3:28 pm
A different look at the sampler, I'm using a script to slice up a section of a song in to beats, current niggles are having to set the group of every sample and set every sample as a drop, could this be done via script some how?

Posted Thu 01 Sep 16 @ 7:23 pm
That would be so easy to do with Ableton Live and the Push 2. :-)

You have the sample waveform on the screen. You turn a knob to select slicing type and amount of slices, then as soon as the slice lines appear on the screen, the slices are distributed over the Push pads. It takes a few seconds.

The VDJ "sampler" has got a long way to go. Even now (after the improvements in 8) it's still more of a player than anything else.

Posted Thu 01 Sep 16 @ 9:23 pm
I used to do something similar with v7.

I had a script that would record 4/5 different loops at different lengths and then I would send them to the sampler.

I love drum loops and this was a quick and dirty method to grab a bunch.

Only problem with 7 was they didn't save but now this is solved with 8.

I imagine with some thought and the POI would could do some killer shit now.

Might have to dive back into this after I figure out my video issues with Spout, VDJ and Resolume.

Posted Fri 02 Sep 16 @ 1:27 am
50%