Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Video - Wishes and new features - Page: 10
1) Record as video in the record options tab

3) Can use the ScreenGrab video FX

Posted Fri 14 May 21 @ 9:27 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
2) there are some video plugin for that : i.e. "resize"
"additive" transition can help to mix both resized tracks with specific size and position (and level)

3) "capture for either of the video inputs" : The "camera" plugin can use any system registered video input
it also have resize and position

You can have up to 3 different "camera" per deck (a little complicated though) and one for master

By combining cameras with "additive" transition you can display up to 7 inputs in addition to 2 tracks and other effects

badly the "position" box is shared between all of these effects

Posted Fri 14 May 21 @ 11:04 pm
When using a webcam for streaming, I have to apply a delay to the VDJ audio to compensate for the latency of the camera video signal, so that video (from webcam) and audio (from VDJ) are in sync.

Unfortunately the delay applied means that I cannot play any video files, because the audio is out of sync.

If I remove the delay, videos are in sync but the camera is then out of sync.

It should be possible to have webcam latency compensation without affecting sync of pre-recorded videos.

Posted Sun 13 Jun 21 @ 9:15 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
How do you delay the audio? You should be able to use the videoDelay setting to add a delay to video files too.

Posted Sun 13 Jun 21 @ 9:26 am
Sorry I just checked and I'm already using a videoDelay of -250 (because I can't delay the audio). It's this that's causing the issue, because it affects the sync of any videos I might want to play.

Posted Sun 13 Jun 21 @ 12:07 pm
Not sure how this helps for your webcam then. videoDelay has no effect on webcam, so at best it makes the delay from videos the same as from your webcam.
I guess there must be vst plugins that you could use to add a delay to the audio.

Posted Sun 13 Jun 21 @ 1:47 pm
Adion wrote :
videoDelay has no effect on webcam

So why is it called videoDelay if it doesn't actually delay video (from any source)?

The description says it sets a delay between the video output and the audio output. Nothing mentioned about not affecting the webcam. VDJ has the ability to use cameras and send that to the video output, so any delay should be global and affect any/all video sources IMO.

I only used that because it wasn't possible to offset the audio, so it would be nice to have the ability to do so (as webcams are often laggy).

Posted Sun 13 Jun 21 @ 2:24 pm
Time travel isn't invented yet, so you can't use videoDelay to move the webcam forward in time :p

Posted Sun 13 Jun 21 @ 3:15 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I think I could knock up a freehand audio delay plugin

Posted Sun 13 Jun 21 @ 4:06 pm
The naming , videoDelay fix latency between audio and video of a single track.

An extra latency for the whole track video+audio may be needed to match webcam video latency and an extra audio delay may be needed for webcam audio too

the best being an additional plugin to fix track latency in a way to match mic and cam when recording
i.e.: a 1 sec circular buffer
I agree with GroovingDJ such a plugin can be interesting for recording

no need of time travel in this case , just delay recording of main output recording but not webcam
need a double mix/apply webcam to record only - currently not possible (or by using extra deck with delay for recording)

@locodog
audio delay is easy, video delay is not much difficult, the problem is... but will currently delay the problem too (but is needed for extra recording deck) can be a good idea
i.e. spout/syphon "master deck" to "recording deck" add audio & video delay then add webcam then record this deck

Posted Sun 13 Jun 21 @ 4:26 pm
Adion wrote :
Time travel isn't invented yet

I'd rather you offer a solution than make jokes.

Many people are streaming, and using webcams to do so. Many webcams have latency on the video.

Therefore if I can't compensate for that using videoDelay then a new option of audioDelay needs to be introduced. Presumably though this would also affect the sync of any music videos played, so the user would have to also use a negative videoDelay to reverse the effect of the audioDelay.

Posted Sun 13 Jun 21 @ 5:52 pm
I did... First hit on google for "delay vst" and chose the simplest one, disable feedback and put mix at 100% and you have an adjustable audio delay.
https://kilohearts.com/products/delay

Also, since the primary use for webcams is video calling/streaming I don't think it's that common that they have a big delay.

Posted Mon 14 Jun 21 @ 5:56 am
I've an idea for a video plugin, I honestly don't know how it will look, but it feels like it might be interesting, rgb shifting

So we have our source pixel
#1ba6df
next beat rearange the rgb order to give
#df1ba6
rearrange again
#a6df1b

and keep stepping thru, 1 of 4 always straight RGB, the remaining 3 a changing cycle of these but the 5th set of 4 is the same as the first set [cycle repeats]
brg
gbr
rbg
grb
bgr

Just an idea, I honestly no idea how it would look.

Posted Fri 23 Jul 21 @ 2:01 am

Posted Fri 23 Jul 21 @ 5:01 am
I knew it would be a thing, I just didn't know the name of it
So rethinking something very like the colorize pluging except hue rotation.
wouldn't quite be as I described but a virtual fx could deal with timing and phase shift

Posted Fri 23 Jul 21 @ 6:31 am
Resolume has an effect called Shift RGB, which has a preset called Acid Trip.

It splits the image into three (red, green and blue) then zooms each one in and out at different rates.

Resolume's just loaded with great video effects. If only VDJ had a fraction of those. :-)

Posted Fri 23 Jul 21 @ 4:50 pm
hola queria saber si ya existe o se podria implemetar una funcion de SOCIALWALL, cuando alguien en el evento ponga @xxxxx con una foto, se reproduzca en la pantalla

Posted Fri 10 Sep 21 @ 3:54 pm

Posted Fri 10 Sep 21 @ 7:17 pm
I would like to be able to put a full screen image over the video output. For a long time I used the ShowLogo8 plug-in from SBDJ to add a semi-transparent PNG over the video output in order to crop my video output. Unfortunately, the plugin no longer works with VDJ64bit and the integrated function of VDJ for displaying a logo cannot be scaled to full screen.

Posted Mon 08 Nov 21 @ 7:28 pm
Yes displaying a logo can be scaled to full screen : set videoLogoSize to 1.0

Can be currently done too by using slideshow with a single pic
or by creating a dedicated videoskin

Posted Mon 08 Nov 21 @ 8:45 pm
92%