Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Browser - Wishes & new features - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I know we can color tracks but what about maybe adding colored folders?

Posted Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 12:00 pm
M3U's display in the order they were made. (Or am I missing something?)

I want/need to look up the history of a night I played 12 moths ago on V7, and see the order I played the music in.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 4:27 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Windowed Un-Dockable Browser so you can move into another monitor or minimize to the task bar.

Posted Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 6:25 pm
You can do this with skins.

It's still part of Virtual DJ so you don't see another icon in the task at but you can undock the browser and move it to another screen.
My Expo skin will have this I also saw someone on Facebook with a demo video.

Posted Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 6:40 pm
My wish for the browser is when a playlist is selected to have a hotspot below the playlist title which can be used to drop a track and add to end of playlist. when a list is full on screen it very hard to drop a track at the end. thanks

Posted Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 9:25 am
Ability to add a text line into a AutoMix or SideList list of tracks, so you can organize things there where it counts.. for playing or holding...or on a karaoke gig the name of the singer or performer...or wedding party...or many, many other things that will help save you from mistakes and keep things under control..

Free your mind for more important things....Priceless

Posted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 3:48 pm
In the file type options icon on the browser, those file type icons should lite up with a color to let you know what is active so it doesn't cause you confusion, there is no way to know on the fly what is active or not..

Posted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 4:23 pm
Import covers from your own folder source with the ability to do it in batch for albums or a type of cover for certain types of files, Like sound effects..

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 11:18 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
JoeyKJ wrote :
In the file type options icon on the browser, those file type icons should lite up with a color to let you know what is active so it doesn't cause you confusion, there is no way to know on the fly what is active or not..

Not sure what you mean by "active". If you need to see which song is loaded, choose to view the Loaded On field of the Browser.

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 10:29 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
JoeyKJ wrote :
Import covers from your own folder source with the ability to do it in batch for albums or a type of cover for certain types of files, Like sound effects..

You can batch load covers for files and folders. Simply choose/select the files you need to add a cover, (using shift+mouse, or even Ctrl+A to select them all), right-click, Tag Editor. It will probably show you the artwork of the first sleected track, but you can click on the cover, and then right-click on the "Tag" box/cover and choose "New from file .."

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 10:34 pm
Please return search by "Harmonic or Numeric Key" in the browser search options, for VDJ8

Cheers.

Posted Sat 28 Jun 14 @ 7:38 am
PLEEEEEASE FIX IT IN VDJ8 AT LEAST!!!

I'M WAITING FOR YEARS!!!

When I move my music files & folder to another direction on my harddisk from INSIDE (!!!) of Virtual Dj, then all the filepaths in every Virtual Folder should also change and know where the file is!
Because everytime I move a file or a folder (and I do it with the browser of Virtual Dj), then the decks show error if I load one of the moved files that was in a Virtual Folder.

Posted Sun 29 Jun 14 @ 10:08 am
ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
As Zothen already wrote

"Please add the full-screen browser button back to the default skins! Thx."

I understand that because of the flexibility built into V8, it may seem like an unespcassry option but Infind it to be one of the features I miss the most.

I use it:

1. During programming my sets. I was able to zoom out the browser so that I could use the deck space for reading through large lists of songs, drag them to my sidelist or Automix list.

2. During an event, if I was looking for a specific version of a track that I might have many remixes, I could zoom out and save myself time by not having to scroll the screen via mouse or track pad.

3. I also used it as a sort of "Juke Box" mode if I didn't want people messing with my decks.

Some vdj8 skins have the icon "Browser" and if they do, you can use the keyboard script: skin_panelgroup 'browser' +1 to zoom in and out,

At the very least, consider supporting this script so that there is the option to zoom the browser via keyboard shortcut.

Thank you for all your work!!!

Posted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 5:40 pm
djdad wrote :
JoeyKJ wrote :

Not sure what you mean by "active". If you need to see which song is loaded, choose to view the Loaded On field of the Browser.

Light up the small icon in the browser when not in default mode, meaning you've changed a setting in that option..

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 12:19 am
Babis, Joey is talking about the view_options icons - show music, show video and show karaoke.

Those icons are all grey, and when selected they are still grey. It's not easy to see which one is selected.

Joey, they are actually a bit more colourful in some skins - where the skins author has decided to change them.

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 5:34 am
This may be so, but this should be a core feature of the program and should include all icons in the browser so it will be less confusing to the user if they forget, this feature will help solve that issue.....

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 2:56 pm
Hello!
I'm an old user of VDJ, and version 8 is really impressive.
There are two thing that I think would be amazing to add that would
definitely save a lot of DJs time:

1. An option to save a set of preconfigured options.
Every time VDJ may have a problem, be with soundcards
or installation problems, it would be great if it existed
a section to save and load the preset of options
that used to work, like wave colors, FPS speed, RPM,
Headphone Gain, EQ full kill and stuff.

2. Also, in Tablet Mode, I think is an amazing feature for
those who has a laptop with touchscreen, really.
But, the music selection is just limited to grid view in tablet mode.
It should have an option of switching to list view as in PC mode.
I say that because this is my favorite style of seeing and selecting music.
And I'm sure a lot of DJs prefer that way too :D

Well, these are my humble suggestions!
Hope you guys look forward for it! \o/

Best,
Carlos Alberto Andres

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 1:05 pm
carlosaandres wrote :

in Tablet Mode, the music selection is just limited to grid view in tablet mode.
It should have an option of switching to list view as in PC mode.

If you really need that view, it's easy to modify the skin XML to display list view (but you can't switch it).

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 1:56 pm
ejl707PRO InfinityMember since 2014
Here is what I am missing in VDJ8 and wishing would be brought back:

Ability to set auto mix cut to "off" either per track or globally when utilizing automix set to automix type "smart". Was able to do this per track in VDJ7, but don't see the option in VDJ8.

Ability to shuffle list in the sidelist pane in the same manner that it worked in playlist pane in VDJ7. Working with thousands of tracks, it is a nice way to randomize my choices of what to play. I won't get into how I organize my tracks, but used this feature extensively in VDJ7. It would be nice if the shuffle in the automix pane moved the viewable track list into a new order instead of only being able to view the shuffled list in automix editor.

Posted Sat 05 Jul 14 @ 5:41 pm
JoeyKJ wrote :
This may be so, but this should be a core feature of the program and should include all icons in the browser so it will be less confusing to the user if they forget, this feature will help solve that issue.....

+++1

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 11:35 pm
5%