Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ 8 - Login and License - Page: 7

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Well I have ripped VDJ8 off my other machines and removed the home folder from Dropbox. Nothing can screw up now surely ......

Posted Fri 16 Jan 15 @ 3:16 pm
help me to remove the logo for virtual coz when i try to replace my logo it says that [only professional users with a virtual Dj pro license can change or remove the virtualDj logo]

Posted Sat 13 Jun 15 @ 11:34 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Posted Sat 13 Jun 15 @ 1:19 pm
Hey, when I play after 10 min my vdj (numark) just play by its self (then must control it on keybord and mouse) and cant control it so then must go out(off) and log in(on) agn in vdj don't no what to do ......

Posted Mon 07 Sep 15 @ 12:44 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Do you mean, your controller stops responding?
If that is true, that is perfectly normal, because you don't have a licence registered to your profile and the home free version is only supporting controllers for 10 minutes each start.

Posted Mon 07 Sep 15 @ 12:51 pm
So where must I go to registeredd and license

Posted Mon 07 Sep 15 @ 1:03 pm

Posted Mon 07 Sep 15 @ 6:17 pm
groovindj wrote :
It's all been explained in great detail many times since the release of VDJ 8 - both in this thread and in all the others where people ask the same questions over and over.

Deja vu, groundhog day etc. etc. :-)

When a user logs in to VDJ 8 a license file is created. That license file will still be there when the user gets to their gig where there's no internet access.

So......on a backup laptop, log in so VDJ 8 knows you're a registered user and the file is created. You only need do this once. At home after you've just installed VDJ 8.

Do not log out. Do not allow the computer internet access. The license file stays where it is, and VDJ 8 remains logged in for all time.

A copy of the license file can also be kept, so that if all else fails it can be placed back in the directory. Start up VDJ 8 at the 'no net' gig, it reads the file, all is well.

I contacted support about my log out fears, asking for a key and they informed me that I would need to log on every 40 days to keep it valid.
As I'm not prepared to put my gig machine online, that's a non-starter for me sadly.
As much as I've enjoyed the new skin features and feel of VDJ8 I'm going back to VDJ7, safe in the knowledge that I don't have to put the machine back online, or risk slowing the performance with anti-virus

Posted Thu 05 Nov 15 @ 9:28 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Looks like they informed you incorrectly.
If you have a subscription license to vdj, or a subscription to content unlimited you indeed have to be online about once every month.

Since you have a Pro Infinity license, you only need to log in once to continue using vdj.

Posted Thu 05 Nov 15 @ 9:52 am
Hey. I have a problem. What if I am logged on virtualdj.com and I can not log on to the full version of the program already in the program. I MIXTRACK 3 and registered it on.
I have information next to the list of songs:
System unstable becouse of crack installed

Please help

Posted Sun 15 Nov 15 @ 7:18 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Sun 15 Nov 15 @ 10:43 am
Thank you loco

Posted Sun 15 Nov 15 @ 5:07 pm
Locogog, Its a 30 days trial :(:(:(

Posted Thu 19 Nov 15 @ 6:13 am
I was actually asked to log in during my last gig after already logging in from home, and lost the use of my controller all day with no wifi at the gig for 4 hours. I'm not certain this works 100% the way it should. I have filled out a ticket about this, just wanted to warn others to triple check everything way before the gig starts. I double checked but that wasn't enough last week when this happened. I had not logged out or tampered with any of the files associated with logging in or my license. Hopefully it was just a glitch.

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 7:51 pm
This is an ELI5 moment, but just want to make sure I'm doing this right:

How do you make a backup copy for the license file? Just search for it on your computer, copy and paste the code somewhere? When you need to use it in an emergency, where do you paste it?

Posted Thu 17 Dec 15 @ 7:41 pm
Just the same way as you would make a backup of any file on your computer - a Word document, an MP3 file, whatever.

There is no human readable "code" in the file. The file is the code / key required to start VDJ 8.

Just bear in mind that the file is specific to each computer, so you can't transfer the file from your backup computer to get your main computer working.

Posted Thu 17 Dec 15 @ 7:56 pm
Thanks so much!

Posted Thu 17 Dec 15 @ 8:05 pm
A comment on your earlier post...

If VDJ asked you to log in, then either it must have had internet access at that time (in order to know that you are logged out, it has to connect) or the license file was missing.

The license file will get deleted if you log out, or if you log in elsewhere (exceeding the login limit) then allow the first computer net access again - i.e. start VDJ when the machine can get online.

The safest thing is to deny gig PCs access to LAN or wi-fi once the license file is on their HDD. If they can't get online to check the login status, then they revert to the last state - which should be "logged in", if the file is there.

Posted Thu 17 Dec 15 @ 8:19 pm
You can also use this setting in the VDJ config. If set to yes it doesn't update your licence file even if the PC has internet access.

It also stops online access to netsearch etc. and stops the auto software update.

Posted Thu 17 Dec 15 @ 8:29 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
groovindj wrote :
The safest thing is to deny gig PCs access to LAN or wi-fi once the license file is on their HDD. If they can't get online to check the login status, then they revert to the last state - which should be "logged in", if the file is there.

If you have an internet connection, there's no problem to log in again though :)

Posted Fri 18 Dec 15 @ 5:50 am
86%