Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Jog wheel sensitivity for scratching - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The delay is normal. The software waits for the platter to stop moving totally before start playing forward again. Either you need to adjust your scratching technic to push the jogwheel a bit forward prior releasing or you can try the setting touchWheelBackspin to No.

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 6:11 am
DMJAVHome userMember since 2011
I can confirm the hs5500 does not work properly. Seems to be a standing issue with VDJ. Why have they refused to address this the issues with this denon player? You can go back 4 versions and every one has issues with the 5500 platter. Perhaps a class action lawsuit would perk up their interest in fixing the problem. They advertised it works, but it never did. I've wanted to buy this program since version 5 and they have ignored all my requests over the years. I even asked if I could hire one of their programmers by the hour to fix it for me, no answer, ever. If any tech people want to talk to a working professional, call me 480-264-8771, I'd love to fix this issue. For what its worth, version 6.0.4 works as long as you don't scratch, the platter does work with no wobble, only some drift when scratching, but for video its useable.

Posted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 8:25 pm
djdad wrote :
The delay is normal. The software waits for the platter to stop moving totally before start playing forward again. Either you need to adjust your scratching technic to push the jogwheel a bit forward prior releasing or you can try the setting touchWheelBackspin to No.

I keep seeing that the delay is "normal" but it shouldnt be seeing as traktor and serato both work out the box. there has to be setting that make the scratching closer to perfect rather then me having to alter my technique

Posted Tue 10 Feb 15 @ 11:49 am
DjunnyHome userMember since 2014
Apopsis Please how can I disable touchwheelbackspin on vdj 7

Posted Wed 28 Oct 15 @ 9:22 am
KlubravHome userMember since 2017
I am having the same problem with Hercules rmx. I can get it to scratch but when it comes to scratching in my track it lags for a million sec. I messed with the settings and nada. Please advise.

Posted Thu 11 Jan 18 @ 6:26 am
Klubrav wrote :
I am having the same problem with Hercules rmx. I can get it to scratch but when it comes to scratching in my track it lags for a million sec. I messed with the settings and nada. Please advise.

The old RMX doesn't have touch sensitive jog wheels, so you may be able to get it a little better with settings, but I don't think it will ever get really good for scratching

Also you need a license to use VDJ with a controller.
If you have a license, please add it to you profile to avoid confusion

Posted Thu 11 Jan 18 @ 9:03 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)