Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: First impressions - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

First impression... just observations.

-Way quicker loading! Very good sound quality... so far. Can't wait to hear in the club.

-I like how the color wave forms look in "Horizontal Scratch Wave". Can the style of the color be applied the main stationary waveform area? Currently, the colors very duo-tone and not dynamic.

-The plugins seem to be exactly the same. Was hoping we would see more dynamic features and proprietary sound effects not hear in other programs. I know this can always be updated later, but I figured we'd see more options from the start.

-Android remote is still missing.

-Master effects control not intuitive

-LOVE the new sampler! Easily create synchronized drum beats on the spot! HOT!

-Cue point editor is DA BOMB! How did we live without?

Overall.... WAY BETTER! Keep up the great work.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 1:07 pm
Drag it up!!!

PS: You may need to restart the software in order to see it

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 1:07 pm
HELP!how can I add my firewire stanton scs1d and 1m controllers? thank you
I can have sound trough the scs1m mixer but no control on the MIDI knobs buttons...

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 1:08 pm
sorry where is the manual for 8?

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 1:12 pm
On your Documents\VirtualDj folder

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 1:12 pm
Ok no biggie. I guess it's good reason for me re-structure my music now.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 1:14 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
You may need to restart the software in order to see it

Seems as if we will need to restart - whether you turn it on or off, it requires a restart.

P.S. the auto update downloads don't always work first time. Checking Windows Task Manager shows two VDJ exe running. Close both and then the update works.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 1:15 pm
JameySewell wrote :

-The plugins seem to be exactly the same. Was hoping we would see more dynamic features and proprietary sound effects not hear in other programs. I know this can always be updated later, but I figured we'd see more options from the start.

"Native" plug-ins are written from scratch as well.
Beat Grid, Distortion, Echo, Flanger, Loop Roll, Phaser, Reverb, Slicer & WahWah are all brand new coded. So, please test them. You will find out that their sound is greatly improved

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 1:16 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
JameySewell wrote :

"Native" plug-ins are written from scratch as well.
Beat Grid, Distortion, Echo, Flanger, Loop Roll, Phaser, Reverb, Slicer & WahWah are all brand new coded. So, please test them. You will find out that their sound is greatly improved

I should have mentioned they sound better for sure, but dynamic such as: Starting point for depth on the flange, maximum high and maximum low point at which the flange doesn't exceed. At certain point, the music gets muffled (too much bass). I was hoping the plugin would dynamically change this on the fly.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 1:24 pm
I prefer the way the effects look on this skin to how they look now:

Now they are smaller and very plain looking.

I hope this skin will be available for download as it has a better layout IMO.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 1:27 pm
What do you mean Groovin??

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 1:29 pm
I am so IMPRESSED! The default skin is straight forward and The Sandbox feature is amazing! I think it will take a little time to get used to the new interface but after a few days it will be fine. The options menu is totally different but seems fine.

Well worth the wait!

Now if I could only figure out how to turn off album covers and livefeedback.....

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 1:30 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
What do you mean Groovin??

The appearance of the effects window bottom right.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 1:37 pm
Trivial but I see what you mean, you like colors....

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 1:39 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Genres is not any longer a root element of the browser. You can use filter folders instead... (and even nest them as well)

The filter is "group by Genre". It uses the new function "group by"

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 1:42 pm
Okay, I gotta be honest. I am VERY disappointed that stuff like the sandbox feature doesn't work for external mixing and I hope there is a way of changing that in later versions. That also means that for me VDJ8 isn't really that different from previous versions at all, which of course is not a bad thing.
Especally because so far I am very satisfied. The sound really is brillant, I love how my favourite skin still works (something I was very worried about) and apart from a minor graphic bug after using the POI editor, everything is as stable as usual. Too bad that I don't have much time this week, but trust me, whenever I can, I will look deeper into it. Thanks for the surprise pre-release!

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 1:43 pm
Psychofrakulator wrote :
the sandbox feature doesn't work for external mixing and I hope there is a way of changing that in later versions

Uhh, and how would you expect that to work?
How can you move the levels or crossfader on your external mixer, and expect the sound that's going out in the club to not be affected?

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 1:47 pm
sclavel wrote :
Psychofrakulator wrote :
the sandbox feature doesn't work for external mixing and I hope there is a way of changing that in later versions

Uhh, and how would you expect that to work?
How can you move the levels or crossfader on your external mixer, and expect the sound that's going out in the club to not be affected?

You'd have to have a third output ;-)
Some like myself have that option... Don't know if it will work until I get to the club

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 1:50 pm
Sandbox was only ever going to work in software mode. As Stephane says it's simply not achievable in external mixer mode.

Keith

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 1:51 pm
Sorry, I don't know crap about audio software programming. :D I just thought if I can root the pre-listening player to a certain channel of my external mixer, why not the sandbox? (Also since I obviously can't use the Sandbox, I got no idea how it really works. :D )

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 1:54 pm
8%