Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: looking for a music video pool.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hello im looking for a good music video pool with quality sound and image. Mostly top 40 is ok looking for cleen edits as well as when the official music vid has talking half way into the video. Thank you.

Posted Wed 26 Mar 14 @ 5:58 am
Im lookin into xtendamix anyone useing it? Im trying to understand 39.99 =300 credits a mounth so 300 downloads after the mounth if i un-sub will i be unable to play the videos? Also if i use my 300 and continue to sub do i get 300 more so mounth two I could have 600? Thanks.

Posted Wed 26 Mar 14 @ 8:53 am
xcakidPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Depends on the genre you play.

Mainstream stuff
bpmsupreme.com
vjstreet.com
promoonly.com
my12inch.com
videotoolz20.com

EDM
AVdistrict.com
dtvideos.net

Posted Wed 26 Mar 14 @ 11:35 am
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
metalpusher wrote :
Im lookin into xtendamix anyone useing it? Im trying to understand 39.99 =300 credits a mounth so 300 downloads after the mounth if i un-sub will i be unable to play the videos? Also if i use my 300 and continue to sub do i get 300 more so mounth two I could have 600? Thanks.

I am an Xtendamix subscriber since they only have 2500 in their pool (now around or close to 16,000). Their policy is... after you stop your subscription, you are supposed to use their videos only for the next 30 days. They are asking you to delete them after that period. Which I think only a few DJs (maybe nobody) will do after they un-subscribe.

Posted Wed 26 Mar 14 @ 1:40 pm
Xtendamix all the way. They've got pretty much everything you could find on top 40 to house...Clean with intros and all. You can also request if there's a video you want or a remix.

938MyDJ wrote :

I am an Xtendamix subscriber since they only have 2500 in their pool (now around or close to 16,000). Their policy is... after you stop your subscription, you are supposed to use their videos only for the next 30 days. They are asking you to delete them after that period. Which I think only a few DJs (maybe nobody) will do after they un-subscribe.

Who would after all that bandwidth and hours of downloading.

Posted Wed 26 Mar 14 @ 2:11 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
don't forget about vj-pro.net in particular the SmashVision section. :) Ask them for a demo and i'm sure something could be arranged so you can look more indepth how it works.

Posted Wed 26 Mar 14 @ 4:43 pm
Any record pool video or mp3 must advertise that if you are no longer a member or such you must destroy all the music you attained from them. For them to get into this type of business they must agree to very similar terms. They do not own the rights to the music they distribute. They need permission before releasing a video or mp3. They just can't put out to us whatever they want, it doesn't work that way. When you join a record pool, you are literally leasing the music from them. You are not purchasing it. We are lucky as DJ's that this way of attaining music exists today as we save a lot of cash but it's not yours to keep. Just like leasing a vehicle for a year. Back in the day I had 5 complete sets of "Entertainment Resources Group" or better know as ERG. I had 200 CD's in each set. That's 1000 cd of the most popular music for any event. I never tried selling them when I switched over to computer. I threw them out as I signed a contract that said it was against the law to sell them. If you look at the cd itself its marked clearly on each one as well. Bottom line they are all serial numbered just like the video you download from xtendamix or (whomever) which have watermarks with your personal information attached to each one. Law suits come too easy these days so please respect the contract you signed. FYI- the price you pay to every record pool covers payment to many music organizations and musicians to continue what they do. When you do a gig you normally get paid too. That means you are making money using someone else's music. Juke box owners pay royalties as well when the machine is in a public place. Buying music from a record store still doesn't give you the right to use the music to make money. Them there are the laws. Show some respect for everyone in the music industry. In the long term its worth it. I am a freelance DJ for over 35 years and I don't work for any of these organizations and simply respect the rules. They have certainly helped me with growing my business very successfully.

Frank

Posted Thu 27 Mar 14 @ 7:27 am
Thank you frank wize words as always.

Posted Thu 27 Mar 14 @ 10:14 am
So just to be shure 39.99 gets me 300 downloads per mounth of extendamix? If so im thinking top 200 moble beat then 100 for outher songs?

Posted Mon 31 Mar 14 @ 7:16 am
Yes 39.99 gets you 300 downloads per month. whatever you don't use gets transferred to the next months but you have to pay the monthly fees the same to use them. If you don't pay the next month you will be cut off to everything. Once you start paying again, you will get the 300 for that month plus what you had the previous months.

Posted Mon 31 Mar 14 @ 9:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)