Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Support for mp3+lrc karaoke

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Will you add a support for mp3+lrc enhanced karaoke files? CDG is obviously obsolete karaoke format and now there are a few tools on market for easy and simple trace and convert from CDG to LRC format. Thanks...

Posted Tue 29 Oct 13 @ 3:43 am

Posted Tue 29 Oct 13 @ 6:50 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
To be honest, I don't see the point and most importantly there is not a ground swell of operators that are calling out for it, who would want to convert thousands of files, I think in this case, if and when... it will be more like the switch over from vinyl to cd.

Here's one forum discussion of which I suppose there are many giving the pro's and cons to lrc... and there is only the one guy trying to force his opinion onto others.

Posted Tue 29 Oct 13 @ 7:03 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
..Is this still around, and if it can offer some hard to find titles then this looks interesting to me. where can I find the source for this format to see for myself?

Posted Tue 29 Oct 13 @ 9:06 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Sorry, forgot to add this link in post earlier... http://karaokescene.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27107&p=352138

This is the link I should have placed earlier, and the "one guy" thing is directed at the fella on the karaokescene forum, not as appears to be Walter on this thread.

Sorry for any misunderstanding everyone.

Posted Tue 29 Oct 13 @ 9:20 am
It's just a few lines in VDJ code, anyway... No need for pro's and con's, it's a wide spreaded format these days, karaoke is just one way to use it. One can always pair it with a vocal version of mp3 and put some lyrics on the screen, so people could sing. Not to mention video backgrounds, change of fonts, etc. In karaokescene's thread, there's only info about PowerKaraoke's solution, but there's no real support for LRC. Cool stuff are always hidden underground... ;-)

Posted Tue 29 Oct 13 @ 9:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)