Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Content Unlimited not working [fixed] - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

birbbHome userMember since 2012
Since yesterday the audio search of content unlimited is not working. Anyone else has problems like that?

Posted Fri 28 Jun 13 @ 8:15 am
Content unlimited is apparently not working for anyone. Totally horrible and has ruined by 2 days off. They said they are working on it but didn't give us times or what the problem is. Some netsearch songs are working but that is about it. Glad we pay for a service where 1 they don't let us know that something is wrong when it is ... and 2 is having this long of downtime :(

Posted Fri 28 Jun 13 @ 8:39 am
It's only there for emergencies. It's not supposed to be a way to get music on the cheap...

So many posts from premium members read as if the service is being relied on as a replacement for buying music.

Posted Fri 28 Jun 13 @ 8:52 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
We are working HARD to restore the service ASAP. We pride ourself in a more than 99% up time. However these things happen that are out of our control and we apologize for that.

Posted Fri 28 Jun 13 @ 9:02 am
[quote=groovindj]It's only there for emergencies. It's not supposed to be a way to get music on the cheap...

So many posts from premium members read as if the service is being relied on as a replacement for buying music.

Doesn't matter, its a service paid for and expected to work. I also use Promo Only & Digitaldjpool, and this for request i don't have.... Needs to work

Posted Fri 28 Jun 13 @ 9:04 am
Thanks HomeBoy! :)

Posted Fri 28 Jun 13 @ 11:26 am
I just purchased the service..I'm assuming that when it is working properly I will be able to search for the music without problem through VDJ. Also it said in promo email I would be able to download the tracks to work without internet, for those gigs where your DJ'ing for the children of the corn in the middle of nowhere.

Will it just be a cached file or actual MP3/Wav on C drive, so I can add tracks to my Organised library Set or burn CD? This does not substitute my buying tracks from Beatport or Audio Jelly, just offsets the times I don't have certain tracks as I understood it's meant to be. Does anyone know of quality of tracks through this service? Eg: 192kbit or 320kbit etc ?

Posted Fri 28 Jun 13 @ 12:18 pm
The songs are stored in the cache as copy protected files that will only play in VDJ, so you can't burn them to CD. The intention (again) is that they're for emergency backup use, not to to add to your library.

The quality of the files is variable, as they're uploaded by other users rather than official sources - so you get what you're given. If you want guaranteed quality then you need to look elsewhere.

Posted Fri 28 Jun 13 @ 12:26 pm
If you have signed up for the video or karaoke service then all files for these come from the original source and are high quality.

For the Grooveshark audio plan, some content is user-contributed and the quality may vary (Always preview first before playing out live.) There is also label provided and verified content from Grooveshark which is marked by globe icon with a green tick. This will be higher quality.

Anything in the NetSearch folder comes from various free (legal) sources on the Internet and the quality will vary. Again, always preview first before playing out loud.

For more detailed information, please see the ContentUnlimited section of our FAQ pages: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/FAQ.html

Posted Fri 28 Jun 13 @ 12:56 pm
Tested it just now and everything seems to be working great! Thanks for fixing the issues team Atomix! Greatly appreciate it, you guys rock!!!!!! :)

Posted Fri 28 Jun 13 @ 2:46 pm

[quote=groovindj]It's only there for emergencies. It's not supposed to be a way to get music on the cheap...

I love how this guy says this and NO ONE said that it is the only music they are using.... I realize it is only for emergencies but thank you captain obvious. Have a good day

Posted Fri 28 Jun 13 @ 3:45 pm
musicgirl007 wrote :
NO ONE said that it is the only music they are using

Well of course. MRDA.

But if you've got plenty of other music, how has this brief problem ruined your two days off?

Posted Fri 28 Jun 13 @ 3:58 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Should be working now guys.

Posted Fri 28 Jun 13 @ 4:25 pm
djcrs1PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Content unlimited is awesome and works great no problems

Posted Fri 28 Jun 13 @ 10:58 pm
groovin, I really think you should stop discouraging people from using ContentUnlimited. Just saying, Maybe they are new dj's and are lacking certain songs..

Posted Sat 29 Jun 13 @ 1:23 am
Firstly I must state that this service is working for me again although it was down for me on Friday nite and last Saturday nite.
I have around 70,000 tracks on my hard drive and do not rely on this for 90% of the music.
However I like to aim at being able to play 99% of requests (if suitable) this was not possible due to this down time,
thank god for youtube!

Posted Sat 29 Jun 13 @ 3:07 am
You've got 70,000 tracks and still find the need to go on line at gigs to get stuff? I'm amazed!

I've only got half that amount and rarely get asked for something I don't have.

For private functions I encourage the client to provide a list of songs prior to the gig so there are no surprises, and I'll download any I don't have before the event.

For public gigs - on the rare occasion someone asks for a track I don't have, I tell them I don't have it.

The way I look at it is: if I don't already have it after 30 years DJing, it's probably not worth playing! :-)

danielsr, I'm not trying to discourage people. I'm trying to explain to/educate them that it's supposed to be a "last minute" service for emergencies, and that it's IMO more sensible/professional to buy their music and make sure they've got a decent enough collection prior to taking jobs. Relying on a streaming service at gigs is a risky business.

Posted Sat 29 Jun 13 @ 3:34 am
well 35,000 music , 27,000 karaoke, 7500 videoes. I am trying to expand the video side of things.
I play in a Country pub and genres range from acdc type to the gambler and wagon wheel thru to psy, blurred lines, david Guatta and rap/hip hop, I download audio using netsearch for oddball stuff or very new chart stuff, then during the week replace the cached music with the real stuff in video form where possible.

Posted Sat 29 Jun 13 @ 3:52 am
WWDJdkPRO InfinityMember since 2008
250.000 edited tracks, 180.000 stil needs to be edited, and thats without karaoke & video... still its nice to have the premium membership, if not for the musik, then for the support of the guys making the kick ass pluigns for us ;)

Posted Sat 29 Jun 13 @ 10:28 am
seems to NOT be working again.

Posted Sun 30 Jun 13 @ 12:49 am
42%