Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Installing RMX 2 Drivers

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey Guy's

I have recently brought a Rmx 2 controller but having difficulty installing the drivers for it! i have the drivers on the disk that came with it and i've also got the drivers from hercules site, everytime the install message say's your..
device driver software was not successfully installed
please consult with your device manufacturer for getting this device installed
DJConsole Rmx2 Failed
DJConsole Rmx2 Ready to use

I uninstall drivers then reboot laptop, install drivers again and get same message everytime?

I also have a Rmx controller installed on the same laptop i'm trying to install my Rmx2, would this cause any problems?

Laptop - HP running Vista 32-Bit

Thanks for your time

Posted Fri 15 Mar 13 @ 10:57 am
soulboywaxie wrote :
please consult with your device manufacturer

Did you do that?

Posted Fri 15 Mar 13 @ 1:55 pm
groovindj wrote :
soulboywaxie wrote :
please consult with your device manufacturer

Did you do that?

Yeah i phoned hercules support, they mailed me a few things to try but i'd already done everything they asked me to do!

Posted Fri 15 Mar 13 @ 4:07 pm

If anyone is using a RMX2 running on vista 32 bi o/s.. would you plz just let me know that it runs ok on that spec!

I have installed the RMX2 on another laptop which is a 64 bit o/s and it has loaded and works fine!

noticed in driver details on the 64bit machine there are a lot more files installed !!!! really doin my head in now lol..spent hours tryin to sus it!!

thx for your time guy's

Posted Fri 15 Mar 13 @ 4:21 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Sat 16 Mar 13 @ 1:08 am
djdad wrote :
Goto C->Windows->System32->drivers folder
Delete all the files that start with HDJ. Normally they should be 4
Unplug from USB all the Hercules Devices.
Restart your computer.
Install the drivers from here.. http://ts.hercules.com/download/pub/webupdate/DJCSeries/2012_HDJS_6.exe
When it prompts to conenct the devices, connect only the RMX2

I done what you said and still no joy! Even uninstalled everything related to hercules and guillemot! Can't for the life of me work out what the problem is! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. anyone wanna buy an RMX2...lol

Its gotta be my laptop cos like i mentioned i have the RMX2 Installed on another laptop working fine!!!

Oh and the above Driver is for RMX not RMX2

But thankyou very much for time ;)

Posted Sat 16 Mar 13 @ 6:30 am
Sometimes other things that are installed on a computer can interferere with the installation of new things.

Logitech kit often causes problems. Mice, webcams and so on. There are two Windows registry entries called UpperFilters and LowerFilters that have a bad reputation for stirring up trouble. It could be that something installed prior to the RMX2 is now preventing the RMX2 installation from completing properly.

The solution would be to uninstall that thing (or delete the above mentioned registry keys) then try the RMX2 installation again. If it works, then you may be able to reinstall the problem device again afterwards without causing a clash.

Posted Sat 16 Mar 13 @ 8:29 am
groovindj wrote :
Sometimes other things that are installed on a computer can interferere with the installation of new things.

Logitech kit often causes problems. Mice, webcams and so on. There are two Windows registry entries called UpperFilters and LowerFilters that have a bad reputation for stirring up trouble. It could be that something installed prior to the RMX2 is now preventing the RMX2 installation from completing properly.

The solution would be to uninstall that thing (or delete the above mentioned registry keys) then try the RMX2 installation again. If it works, then you may be able to reinstall the problem device again afterwards without causing a clash.

Hey G

Your bang on about the logitech issue, brought a logitech wireless mouse a few weeks ago and it stopped my RMX working properly!
I tried what you advised me to do and still no luck, I've even re formated my lap top and still no joy! come to the conclusion the RMX2 is not compatable with vista 32bit!

Posted Sun 17 Mar 13 @ 6:52 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005

Posted Mon 18 Mar 13 @ 9:44 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)