Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: vms2 gain control going up and down on its own!! help asap pleeease

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djevvPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hello there. Right I've been having problems with my midi controller on and off since I got it. Cant say I've a good word to say about american audio vms2 controller but hopefully someone can change my mind. At the moment I have a major problem that the gain keeps readjusting itself whilst a song is playing. This means the track goes really quiet the distorts to maximum gain for no reason. My laptop is not getting hot plus I'm using my 4th different one. The cpu level is all over the place and I have nothing running other than virtual dj and a external hard drive. Someone please help me.
Thanks Ev

Posted Wed 26 Dec 12 @ 1:04 pm

Posted Wed 26 Dec 12 @ 1:16 pm
I'll do that now but the gain adjustment doesnt happen every time. any other ideas? working in 3hrs :-0

Posted Wed 26 Dec 12 @ 1:31 pm
Not all music files are of a similar gain and that may be the issue. You can set Auto Gain to disabled in config however Virtual DJ will not adjust the gain of the tracks at all and they will play at their original volume. Please follow the instructions for analyzing your music as above.

Personally I would strongly advise taking equipment to a gig that has not been rigorously tested.

Keith

Posted Wed 26 Dec 12 @ 1:35 pm
The adjustment will only happen for songs that haven't been played or analysed before. For others the gain setting is remembered. As above, if you pre-analyse your music and also any new music you as you add it, you shouldn't have any problem.

Posted Wed 26 Dec 12 @ 1:55 pm
the problems I've been having are over the past year. I had a good run of about 2 months with no issues. At first we thought it was the smoke machine sending out a spike because when pressed the CPU goes into the red, but this seamed to have stopped. but now its reared its ugly head again!! Can the vms2 controller have a virus? not sure if this is a silly question

Posted Wed 26 Dec 12 @ 2:24 pm
Oh I forgot to add that the problem with the gain going up and down only occurs when I plug in VMS2. When unplugged it doesnt move. Only noticed this issue on monday. Anymore ideas??

Posted Wed 26 Dec 12 @ 2:43 pm
Dodgy fader or gain knob perhaps .... is it happening on more than one channel?

Keith

Posted Wed 26 Dec 12 @ 3:07 pm
it happens on both channels

Posted Wed 26 Dec 12 @ 4:36 pm
am having the same problem.... has worked perfectly until recently. volume just spikes all of the sudden

Posted Fri 28 Mar 14 @ 10:07 pm
Have you found a solution for this problem ??
having the same difficulties over here i think, both channel faders don't move synchronously on my laptop when I'm moving them on my vms2, but instead they just kinda stutter up and down .
Sometimes when I'm not even touching it !

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:25 pm
t2dj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2014
i was having the same problem with my vms2. turns out it was the audio driver. in config settings>sound setup choose the vms4 driver. here is part of my communication with vdj tech support:

Date: Fri 02 May 14 @ 1:11 am
my american audio vms2 is not responding properly to the software. the sound output levels jump up and down randomly and to various levels. in addition, the hardware controls do not correspond to their software counterparts or do not work at all. for example, the deck fader only fades deck 1 no sound comes from deck 2 when moved to that position. deck 2 output combines with deck 1 and responds to the gain buttons on both decks. however the deck 2 eq buttons do nothing while the deck 1 eq affects both decks. deck 2 volume slider does nothing. i have downloaded the most recent versions and reinstalled vdj, both asio and the aa vms2 audio drivers and the factory idt drivers. the software is installed on a brand new dell i7 win8 16gb ram system dedicated to djing. the only other software installed is a karaoke manager/player that uses whatever audio driver is active in windows and its output is through the pc audio out headphone jack or laptop speakers, and itunes which works the same way. vdj worked properly initially and with the other software installed then suddenly started acting as described. hope you can help, thank you.

Date: Tue 06 May 14 @ 8:44 am
Teamer: Haui70
As i could see on your screenshot you use the wrong config/setup!

VDJ Config - Soundcard

Input - None
Output - External Mixer
Soundcard - ASIO and select beside the VMs as the soundcard.

Then please try it again.

Kind regards

VirtualDJ Support Team
ATOMIX PRODUCTIONS

hope this helps solve your issue. as for the vms2 itself i think it is a fine piece of hardware and has always worked as a stand alone device. the only issue i continue to have is vdj recognizing it. keep another audio source connected to is such as an ipod, cdj, turntable etc. to use in analog mode to keep djing when/if vdj flakes!

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:46 pm
I would like t2dj4u for his port... it saved my life tonight. I've been using the VM2 controller with VDJ 7 for awhile now and never had a problem until now. I don't know what triggered it but my gains from both channels including the EQ buttons were acting up like crazy. I have been always using the ASIO driver and now using VMS4 driver the issue is gone.... :) I am so so happy.

Thanks
Luc

Posted Sun 30 Nov 14 @ 12:31 am
hi all

unfortunately for me the issue has re-occurred for me and I am using the VMS4 driver. What I just realized right just now is that the issue started when I started using the 2nd deck to listen to some tracks in the "CUE" position.... any ideas what is causing my gain and EQ to go crazy while my track is playing?

Thanks in advance

Posted Tue 09 Dec 14 @ 7:52 pm
Hi what I'm I doing wrong whenever I gain access to my iTunes through my vms2 virtual dj app, whenever I try loading the songs, it'll say "ERROR on the loading deck obviously then the songs can't be played.
Your quick respond will be appreciated!

Posted Wed 18 Nov 15 @ 5:43 am
Sorry, your question has nothing to do with this old thread. Please do not hijack threads in the future, thank you. You may start your own thread.

Posted Wed 18 Nov 15 @ 6:23 am
I too am having a similar issue, everything worked fine at first, I even scanned all my music files, and now with some of them the gain is jumping up very noticeably, very annoying and embarrassing. I use VDJ 7 with the American Audio VMS2. By the way, someone from VDJ had mentioned creating a "files to be scanned" folder, I did that and when you right click that folder it does not give you the option to do a bpm scan. That is not my main issue, just wanted to throw that out there.

Posted Tue 16 Aug 16 @ 11:48 am
same issue as well the gain moves by it self ,on my denon dj mc 6000 mk2

Posted Sun 04 Dec 16 @ 5:56 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Fader bleed or floating earth,

Posted Sun 04 Dec 16 @ 10:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)