Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual DJ & Serato - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I want to use both VD and Serato. Can they both be loaded on 1 computer?
Will they work simultaneously?

Posted Wed 12 Sep 12 @ 3:43 pm
I see no reason why not.

Posted Wed 12 Sep 12 @ 3:53 pm
If you're using a controller and Asio drivers it will only accept one source. WDM can support multiple sources at the same time.

Keith

Posted Wed 12 Sep 12 @ 3:59 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Yes, but you can only run one at a time. I have both loaded on my gig machine, but never use Serato personally. Not a fan...

Posted Wed 12 Sep 12 @ 9:22 pm
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
DHoude wrote :
Yes, but you can only run one at a time. I have both loaded on my gig machine, but never use Serato personally. Not a fan...

kradcliffe wrote :
If you're using a controller and Asio drivers it will only accept one source. WDM can support multiple sources at the same time.

Keith

why would you want to run it at the same time?? when u can have 4 decks runing at the same time with VDJ

Posted Thu 13 Sep 12 @ 4:58 am
VDJ for video / karaoke & Serato for TCV?

Keith

Posted Thu 13 Sep 12 @ 5:07 am
gary6793 wrote :
I want to use both VD and Serato. Can they both be loaded on 1 computer?
Will they work simultaneously?

You can load them in one computer but you can not use them simultaneously with one DJ controller. You can only use them one at a time. The reasons behind is if you are using one controller like what i have done, i'm using VDJ & Serato ITCH with my XONE-DX both VDJ and Serato ITCH running simultaneously this is what i have observe when i'm on VDJ window and press play on my XONE DX play buttons the Serato ITCH will also perform play so 2-songs played at the same time, likewise if i'm on Serato ITCH window same thing will happen when hitting play buttons. Using them simultaneously works only if you use the SKINS button as your control buttons like play, stop, etc. not with the DJ controller hardware attached to the PC to control them.

Posted Thu 13 Sep 12 @ 11:01 am
Excuse my ignorance on the subject, but why would you want to run both serato and VDJ at the same time on the same computer?

Posted Thu 13 Sep 12 @ 11:16 am
Thanks for your input guys....
I have a Numark N6 with a mac book pro.
I have been using Serato and I like its set up the the excellent crate facility.
Serato will not play Karaoke in mp3 and have to be converted to mp4
VD Pro has a fab auto mix facility and will play mixed albums seamlessly and there are no gaps.
Serato have confirmed that their continuous mix facility will only swap tracks over after they have finished
and there are gaps when a 'continuous mix' is loaded in a crate....... so I have 2 software packages for different
purposes... not ideal but needs must!

Posted Thu 13 Sep 12 @ 2:38 pm
Virtual DJ not only plays most audio files but can also play Karaoke files and video as well.So why on earth would you even need Serato.Virtual DJ is the best DJ software in the world,stick with the best and you will be fine----Bryan

Posted Thu 13 Sep 12 @ 3:31 pm
I have the NS6 amongst other controllers, I also have Serato Scratch, Itch & Video. I prefer VDJ although I havent tried to use TCV with my NS6 & VDJ? I believe it can be done. I have used TCV with my other controllers. VDJ has it all I personally dont use Serato.

Posted Thu 13 Sep 12 @ 4:21 pm
Still does not answer my question as to why the need to run both at the same time...but I would stick with VDJ, and the hell with serato.

Posted Thu 13 Sep 12 @ 4:43 pm
Two answers.....
The NS6 came with Itch and is excellent software and has excellent crate facilities and the prepare crate works hand in hand with the NS6 and it's controls.
I purchased VDJ Pro as it has extra features that VDJ has not.
Using both would give me the best of both softwares. On their own they do not fulfil my criteria.

Its the same reason I have an iPad and a mac book pro. They do different jobs but are basically portable laptops.

Posted Thu 13 Sep 12 @ 5:01 pm
K, just tryin to help. cant you view your Serato Crates in VDJ? Crate & Folder options/controls works as well I believe?

Posted Thu 13 Sep 12 @ 5:13 pm
If that's the case, run VDJ, it reads all of your Serato crates, and when you feel the need, urge, to use serato, close VDJ, and run serato.

Posted Thu 13 Sep 12 @ 10:06 pm
That's interesting....
I will try this once software is all downloaded
Thanks guys, I guess you prefer VDJ to Serato?
Pros and Cons I guess.....

Posted Fri 14 Sep 12 @ 1:23 am
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Look for the features you need and what work for you not the LOOK ;[

Posted Fri 14 Sep 12 @ 3:51 pm
gary6793 wrote :
That's interesting....
I will try this once software is all downloaded
Thanks guys, I guess you prefer VDJ to Serato?
Pros and Cons I guess.....

Bit of a daft question to ask on a VDJ forum lol.

Learn about what VDJ can do, TCV is 100% supported in VDJ so no need to use serato at all and believe me use it and get to know it and you wont touch serato. VDJ is a complete packages.

Playlists, favourite folders in VDJ do exactly the same thing as serato crates and more.

Posted Fri 14 Sep 12 @ 5:03 pm
The more logical thing to do would be to use VDJ for karaoke nights and use Serato for audio/video nights.

If your hell bent on using both programs.

Posted Fri 14 Sep 12 @ 6:13 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
gary6793 wrote :
The NS6 came with Itch and is excellent software and has excellent crate facilities and the prepare crate works hand in hand with the NS6 and it's controls.

Maybe so, but it sounds like you have not thoroughly tried VirtualDJ with your NS6 yet. Beyond the obvious that you pointed out about the Karaoke support, VirtualDJ supports the NS6 natively and gives you way more control than you get from Itch. Additionally, once you start using VirtualDJ with all your other files (audio and video), you will quickly find VirtualDJ is better at the file management than Serato's crates.

Posted Fri 14 Sep 12 @ 11:02 pm
44%