Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: List of Controllers that can be used with Timecodes...... - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

As the title says, what are controllers that can be used with timecodes and it doesn't matter what software comes with it....

Thanks for the info
Huey

P.S. please don't say any controller as long as you have a soundcard, I only wanna know about the ones with a soundcard built in.

Posted Tue 04 Sep 12 @ 3:26 pm
Controllers

• reloop digital jockey 3
  • stanton djc.4/voxoa c50, c60
  • Numark N4
  • Numark NS6
  • American Audio VMS4
  • Hercules RMX
  • Hercules 4MX
  • Kontrol S4
  • Xone DX

Mixers

• Xone 4d
  • Xone 3d
  • Pioneer DJM-850
  • Pioneer DJM-900
  • Pioneer DJM-T1
  • Denon X1600
  • Denon X1700
  • Rane TTM57-SL
  • Rane 62
  • Rane 68
  • American Audio DV2
  • Reloop IQ2

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, although maybe the VCI-400, VCI-380 & RMX2 will be capable aswell, but not certain. If your going to use timecodes with a controller I think that the Xone DX would be the best as the controls feel nice and your not using the crappy jogs anyway.

Posted Tue 04 Sep 12 @ 3:46 pm
Add Hercules MK2 to list of controllers

and also add Korg Zero4 and Zero8 (Both mixers are also Traktor Scratch certified) and Denon DN-X600 (Also traktor compatible on PC since it uses the same PC driver as DN-X1600 which is Traktor Certified)

Posted Tue 04 Sep 12 @ 5:15 pm
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
what isnt the djm 700 on that list

Posted Tue 04 Sep 12 @ 5:25 pm
Reloop Terminal mix 4....but only one TT , The TM4 only has 1 Aux in.

Posted Tue 04 Sep 12 @ 6:18 pm
cause the DJM-700 doesn't have a soundcard ;-)

you can probably add the VOXOA M70 to the list as well, as it should be released soonish and a great mockup of the DJM-T1 but with more controls.

Posted Tue 04 Sep 12 @ 11:49 pm
xcakidPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Denon DNX600 mixer also has built in soundcard. :)

Posted Wed 05 Sep 12 @ 7:52 am
AA VMS4 controller also works with timecodes (I missed it on the list, saw it after I posted). Can be used as an external/standalone mixer or a hybrid of 2-4physical decks and a controller.

Posted Wed 05 Sep 12 @ 9:19 am
After seeing this video I'm gonna go with this one,

Might even switch over for audio gigs and stick to VDJ for video......... hopefully 8 is inline with Trakor's sampler, also in the latest Maschine video i could swear theres some sort of video going on in the background. If they get video its a wrap!!

Posted Wed 05 Sep 12 @ 12:33 pm
getafixPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Serkle k wrote :
AA VMS4 controller also works with timecodes (I missed it on the list, saw it after I posted). Can be used as an external/standalone mixer or a hybrid of 2-4physical decks and a controller.

iv tried to get my vms4 to work with timecode but so far have failed to get a useable setup to work....
useing the vms4 input causes distortions in the sound produced. even if only 1 channel has a timecode
the distortions can be on the second channel not useing a timecode. this seems to be a problem with the mixer
and not the vdj software. i havent tried it with other software so i cant say for sure but my oppinion is
the mixer isnt fit for timecode use and american audio have no intrest in responding to requests for help...

Posted Wed 05 Sep 12 @ 12:46 pm
That is a great video. That's what I thought also...I want it!!

Well the equipment at least..not the software.

Posted Wed 05 Sep 12 @ 1:08 pm
getafix wrote :
Serkle k wrote :

iv tried to get my vms4 to work with timecode but so far have failed to get a useable setup to work....
useing the vms4 input causes distortions in the sound produced. even if only 1 channel has a timecode
the distortions can be on the second channel not useing a timecode. this seems to be a problem with the mixer
and not the vdj software. i havent tried it with other software so i cant say for sure but my oppinion is
the mixer isnt fit for timecode use and american audio have no intrest in responding to requests for help...

Same reason I returned mine after a week, that thing was trash........ it should just be discontinued in my opinion...

Posted Wed 05 Sep 12 @ 1:31 pm
getafixPRO InfinityMember since 2010
i agree with the discontinuing of the vms4 but still feel its a great controller
most of it works great, and the jog wheels do well enough to not need timecodes. but most of us startied
with just vdj and have wantied to progress our skills and eqipment over time. to have a mid range mixer that
wont work properly with timecodes is not good. and the response from american audio to the problems from the original
vms4 will in the long run hurt there reputation. i for 1 like my vms4 but wont be upgradeing with any more AA equipment.

so i do think that the vms4 should be removed from the list of timecode capeable controllers and mixers ;)

Posted Wed 05 Sep 12 @ 2:44 pm
synthet1c wrote :
Mixer and Controller ,-)

• Xone 4d (Allen Heath)

For me the best hybrid mixer and controller all in one ,-)

Yan, DJ Rewop

Posted Thu 06 Sep 12 @ 6:40 am
Naw, that's definitely not gonna happen here. I got better things to spend 2500 on, lol!!

Posted Thu 06 Sep 12 @ 10:34 am
I like the integration of midi controller and turntables were seeing lately.

Posted Thu 06 Sep 12 @ 10:47 am
I agree Charlie, I like choices, lol!!

The only thing I don't like about that Reloop is there's only 2 channels, I need 3 already cause I like my sampler on it's own channel. I guess there's always the N4 but I'm not even sure if that has ASIO drivers........ plus it's all plastic whereas that Reloop is metal.....

. Opinions anyone, feel free to chime in......N4 or the Reloop and Why you think so.
Huey

Posted Thu 06 Sep 12 @ 11:40 am
The reloop has 4 virtual decks... you just push the "A-C" or "B-D" button to switch. I think the way you use the sampler will change soon so you could get a dedicated controller just for the sampler like the F1, maschine an mpd or the behringer cmd.

Posted Thu 06 Sep 12 @ 1:54 pm
Last I've heard is no the n4 doesn't have ASIO. Would that be a deal breaker? The options would be WMD, asio4all or adding a seperate soundcard?

Posted Fri 07 Sep 12 @ 12:08 am
I'd have to check it out but I'm leaning more towards the Reloop and it has ASIO drivers. I really don't like using a 2 channel controller with 4 decks but I'm gonna give it a go and see how it feels.....

Posted Fri 07 Sep 12 @ 12:16 am
33%