Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Can't install VirtualDJ on my new PC

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi everyone,

Heres my big issue: I can't update my VirtualDJ program for Windows 7.

5 years ago I got my VirtualDJ version 1 program (that came with the DJ Console MK2, Hercules), but the problem was that only a few VirtualDJ sleeves cds installation came out without a serial number, and unfortunately I got one of these.
So, I came back to the store (PC City), they gave me a phone number that I called and after a long while I finally got a serial number. Anyway, I got the number, got home and installed the program with that number. But when I wanted to register it online it said that the number was already taken by someone ( "arnlig3550"). I didnt really pay attention to that because I installed the program with that serial number without any problem and in the end that was all I wanted.
But, now that I got a new PC with Windows 7, I need an update. And for that, I need to register the program online, as I said earlier I can't do it since the serial number I got is already taken. So, right now, I can't even install VirtualDj since I need a new version of it.
I tried contacting Hercules support, but nothing came out of it because they asked for the reciept and after 5 years, honestly...I dont have it.

Basically all I want is to install it on my new PC. I paid 200 euros for it and honeslty it's disapointing all the issues I have because of them. If someone can help me, please let me know! It's been 5 years and I still have the same issue.

(by the way, I speak french, spanish and english. So I can understand these three languages)

Posted Wed 20 Jun 12 @ 6:15 pm
Please contact support: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

NOTE: Given that it's 5 years ago and you also have no proof of purchase, it's unlikely anything can be done now. Your best option would be the purchase the full VirtualDJ Pro which will give you the latest version of the software. You may be still entitled to the upgrade discount providing that the other user didn't use it. You can check by going to http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Alternatively, re-install your PC with Windows XP and you can then use the original version from the CD.

Posted Wed 20 Jun 12 @ 8:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)