Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Serato Crates with VDJ v5.07

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is it possible possible to see Serato Crates in your browser with VDJ v5.07?? I have the Crates box checked in the browser section, but I cannot see the crates. I can see them fine in VDJ v7.0.5b but not with v5.07. Also is there anyway to see my VDJ crates in Serato Scrathc??

Posted Tue 31 Jan 12 @ 11:34 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008

Posted Wed 01 Feb 12 @ 4:14 am
JUSTNYCE2 wrote :
Also is there anyway to see my VDJ crates in Serato Scrathc??

Serato doesn't have support on this option to import Virtual DJ crates at this time but i have done an experiment on doing it in some other way around and it will be possible only in playlist. What i mean is you can save your Virtual DJ playlist and export it to load it in serato so you could have at least 1playlist for both VDJ & serato but you must have at least one source of mp3 database. Also like exporting your VDJ History as playlist to serato is also possible but again i didn't wrote a blog on this because that is going out of VDJ supports on this forums which is means supporting other software outside VDJ in this forums is not the right place for that and i don't like to do that and it must be serato who will guide on what to do.

Posted Wed 01 Feb 12 @ 5:08 am
Hi, thanx for the feedback. I dont know if I was totally clear though because I can see/access the SERATO CRATES in VDJ V7.0.5B with no problem. But I cannot not see the SERATO CRATES in VDJ V5.07. I need to see the Serato Crates in VDJ v5.07. I am running windows. I tried Cesar's method but I still cant see the Serato crates in VDJ v5.07, any other options to get it to work. Also, I am going to try to research the VDJ CRATES SHOWING UP IN SERATO on there forum & I will let you guys know if its possible as soon as I know.

Posted Wed 01 Feb 12 @ 10:35 am
qonhvdhPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I have the crates box checked in browser section of VDJ 7.0.5b.And it still not showing.So my thing is you will not get it without the SERATO box.

Posted Wed 01 Feb 12 @ 1:08 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
1. Why are you concerned with v5.0.7 ? Why would you run an almost 4yr old (well 4 years old in 2 days ;) ) version of the software?

2. No, you most likely will not get them to show in that version. Serato changed their Crate location methods about a 3 years ago and since v5.x is older than that ... the software will not be able to find the 'new' storage locations.

Ref: Bug fixes for VirtualDJ ver 6.0 release (31 May 2009) - http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJv6.0.html

Posted Wed 01 Feb 12 @ 1:30 pm
JUSTNYCE2 wrote :
But I cannot not see the SERATO CRATES in VDJ V5.07.

I have installed VDJ v5.07 running on Window 7 home edition and did a trial on what you have said and i have observe that i can see and my serato crates in my VDJ v5.07 Just a bit changes to be done in copying serato crates so that it can be accessible to VDJ v5.07. Go to my blog and i will update on that part. I'm just wondering why you need version 5 which is an older version why not use the latest version 7?

@ qonhvdh, you can view my blogs on importing serato crates.

Posted Wed 01 Feb 12 @ 2:38 pm
Cesar, Thanx a million I will give it a try now, I just got in from work. Cstoll, I am using v5.07 at one of the small venues I leave some older equipment at. There I use a Behringer BCD2000 controller so I dont have to transport my gear. The Behringer controller is most stable with VDJ v5.07, no video freezing. I do use V7.05b with all my other controllers, NS6, Mixtrack Pro, Herc RMX w/Numark V7's or my portable backup DJ2Go.

Posted Wed 01 Feb 12 @ 9:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)