Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NetSearch not working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Whenever I try to search for something in NetSearch my only results are from my cached songs. Why is this happening?

I have restarted the application.
I have restarted my computer.
I am running the latest version of VDJ Pro (7.0.5b).
I verified that my internet connection is working.
I am a Premium Member and I verified that I am logged in.
I verified that under Config > Internet, "Use NetSearch" is checked.

Thank you.

Posted Sun 11 Dec 11 @ 11:10 am
wbltblPRO InfinityMember since 2010
starbase wrote :
Whenever I try to search for something in NetSearch my only results are from my cached songs. Why is this happening?

I have restarted the application.
I have restarted my computer.
I am running the latest version of VDJ Pro (7.0.5b).
I verified that my internet connection is working.
I am a Premium Member and I verified that I am logged in.
I verified that under Config > Internet, "Use NetSearch" is checked.

Thank you.

Having the same issue.

Posted Sun 11 Dec 11 @ 10:08 pm
From the VDJ Config then internet tab be sure to select and put thick mark on this 2-selection "USE NETSEARCH'" & USE MUSICGROUPS and do not to put thick mark or select on this "Disable MusicGroup for this session only".

Posted Mon 12 Dec 11 @ 6:41 am
Good suggestion. But I checked and it was already configured that way. Any other suggestions?

Posted Mon 12 Dec 11 @ 10:20 pm
Check your anti-virus and/or firewall software maybe it is blocking VirtualDJ from connecting to the Internet for files streaming. This is particularly common for Internet services. Some Internet mobile/cellphone Service Providers may also block access.

Check this link below it may help:
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How%20do%20I%20use%20NetSearch.html

Posted Tue 13 Dec 11 @ 2:09 am
skltr21PRO InfinityMember since 2010
my firewall is off and netsearch RARELY ever works! this is a TERRIBLE service and such a scam for money from virtual dj. all i ever get is video results! which is what you get when you don't have the $10 a month membership. i am logged in to my membership under the internet tab and still..... NO AUDIO RESULTS! only video. virtual dj is not recognizing my membership. it has nothing to do with the firewall settings. and it doesn't matter what's checked under your search preferences either. i have both audio and video checked and all i ever get is video results. what am i paying for? and i've opened tickets about this and i get NO HELP!

Posted Sun 01 Jul 12 @ 8:03 pm
I figured out that through Windows FIREWALL I manually "allowed" Virtual DJ Pro and so far I've yet to have a problem with the NETSEARCH going down since I made that change.

Posted Thu 05 Jul 12 @ 7:43 pm
PhaetPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Netsearch no longer works as of one of the newer builds for V8. Im currently looking into which build it is so that I can roll back to a previous version.

Posted Thu 29 Sep 16 @ 4:19 am
PhaetPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Roll back to BUILD 3398 and it will fix the problem. Admittedly this is not a permanent solution.

Posted Thu 29 Sep 16 @ 4:36 am
is netsearch no longer part of the service?

Jacob Morris
it seems others are having the same issue since upgrading to 8

Jimmy
netsearch has always been bonus content from broad internet searches. Never guaranteed.

Jacob Morris
okay i understand you never guaranteed it, but did they remove it

Jimmy
We are working to give you the best catalogues and from time to time these catalogs change. We are currently working with our content suppliers to deliver an even wider catalogue

Posted Thu 06 Oct 16 @ 5:22 pm
PLEASE FIX!!!!! Thanks

Posted Tue 11 Oct 16 @ 2:07 am
You guys do realise you are posting in a thread about VDJ7, right?

Posted Wed 12 Oct 16 @ 5:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)