Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: ASIO or Sound issues with new PCs??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

We are actually a retailer and we sell all the popular midi controllers out on the market.

We recently upgraded our "DJ controller PC" from a:

Dell Vostro series, running 32bit Win 7, Celeron Processor & 4G RAM

To a:

Dell Insperion, running 64bit Win7, i5 Processor & 6G RAM

We cant seem to get Virtual DJ to run with ANY of the controllers that ran fine on the older computer.

We've tried installing the Am Aud VMS4, Am Aud VMS2, Vestax Typhoon & Denon DN-MC6000.

We either get the "error in ASIO driver" error, or virtual dj wont respond when the play button is pressed. Is this an ongoing issue with ASIO vs 64bit systems? or maybe the i5 processor? We cant sell any of these products is WE cant even get em to run on newer machines.

Any advise, direction is appreciated.

Thx

Mark R
Mega DJ & Karaoke Center
Houston, TX

PS. Serato ran fine. ;-)

Posted Sat 05 Nov 11 @ 6:26 pm
Any issues with ASIO drivers will be down to whatever's available for that particular product - nothing to do with VDJ.

As long as you installed 64 bit ASIO drivers for the VMS4, VMS2, Typhoon & MC6000, everything should be fine.

Posted Sat 05 Nov 11 @ 7:33 pm

Posted Sun 06 Nov 11 @ 12:06 pm
That's interesting...

So maybe it's the old problem with the UpperFilters and LowerFilters registry entries.

Basically some things (like webcams or mice) change these registry values and it can affect other things (like sound drivers).

Posted Sun 06 Nov 11 @ 2:08 pm
I have exactly the same problem with my Dell laptop.

On my previous Vostro 1400, running Windows XP, no problem at all
On a Lenovo x61, 32-bit version of Windows 7, no problem

On a newly-purchased Dell Inspiron, running Windows 64-bit and 4Gb of RAM, I keep getting this ASIO sound driver error

What happens is that when I hook up the Hercules DJ Console MK4 (That is the controller I am using) on VirtualDJ 6 LE, the "ASIO sound driver error" warning comes up when I start VDJ (with the controller plugged in of course)

After that, I cannot use the controller. Some functions work and some do not. I cannot even play my MP3s with the controller

What I did:

1) Totally uninstall and reinstall the drivers and VDJ - Same problem
2) Uninstall the drivers (1.0.0.5 that came with my controller) and download the 1.0.1.0 drivers and install them. - Same problem

I read the forums and they say that I need to install the 64-bit ASIO drivers because mine is a 64-bit system. That is just fine. Where are the 64-bit drivers that they are referring to?

I hope to get this settled. I have been trying like crazy to get this fixed. I love this controller and VDJ software and I do not want to go the Traktor route

Thanks

Posted Wed 06 Jun 12 @ 9:46 pm
on a whole Dell laptop are not music friendly but it should work must be something he is doing wrong try seting up with no Asio first and see if it works and what sound card are you useing? i can help you fix this problem link me.and to don alano what version of virtual dj you got?

Posted Thu 07 Jun 12 @ 6:27 am
Hi Phil.

I am using Virtual DJ LE 6 that came with my controller

Thanks

Posted Thu 07 Jun 12 @ 10:02 am
Another thing I might add. To say that Dell is not a good computer to use, my Vostro 1400 is a Dell computer and it worked fine with Virtual DJ, running Windows XP 32-bit. Is it a problem with 64-bit versions of Windows? If it is, then why say that Virtual DJ can be used with both 32 and 64-bit Windows?

Posted Thu 07 Jun 12 @ 10:06 am
So does anyone have a solution to this? I have checked the forums and have yet to find an answer. Or do I write in to Guillemot or Virtual DJ for help? I am not the only one having this issue so some assistance will be very much appreciated. Thanks

Posted Fri 08 Jun 12 @ 9:58 pm
Well, I am here to tell you that I have had absolutely NO luck with my Virtual DJ and Hercules controller on my Windows 7 64-bit laptop. I have scoured forums, check bulletin boards and even asked knowledgeable people. And please, don't ask me to get a bloody Mac because that is not the solution. I have decided to go for the MixVibes controller with Cross DJ and it works fine

So in short, if you have a Wndows 7 64--bit laptop or PC, get something else because it will not work

Take care and good luck all.

Posted Fri 15 Jun 12 @ 3:31 am
kjdj99PRO InfinityMember since 2009
don_alano wrote :
Well, I am here to tell you that I have had absolutely NO luck with my Virtual DJ and Hercules controller on my Windows 7 64-bit laptop. I have scoured forums, check bulletin boards and even asked knowledgeable people. And please, don't ask me to get a bloody Mac because that is not the solution. I have decided to go for the MixVibes controller with Cross DJ and it works fine

So in short, if you have a Wndows 7 64--bit laptop or PC, get something else because it will not work

Take care and good luck all.

Not true sir.

If I'm not mistaken virtual DJ LE is a OEM specific version and Hercules may have only provided you a 32 bit version.

I gig with several Dell 64 bit laptops, Windows 7, several different controllers (including Hercules), and external sound cards. I've never had an issue?
Then again all the laptops run Virtual DJ pro.

Posted Fri 15 Jun 12 @ 11:11 pm
VirtualDJ is natively a 32-bit application, but the latest versions are fully compatible with 64-bit machines as well.

However, some older hardware (Sound cards, MIDI controllers, etc.) may not be compatible and/or have compatible drivers available from the manufacturer. Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Windows%2064-bit%20compatibility.html

You can check the manufacturers websites for updated drivers and/or firmware.

Links to the latest drivers for hardware commonly used with VirtualDJ can be found on the following page: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Common%20Device%20Drivers.html

Also, check your computer for common performance/configuration issues: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Performance%20Issues.html

Most new computers sold in stores are built with typical home/office users in mind and will not be optimised for demanding low latency applications like VirtualDJ, so they may perform poorly as a result until they have been optimised.

Posted Sat 16 Jun 12 @ 12:58 pm
kjdj99 wrote :

Not true sir.

If I'm not mistaken virtual DJ LE is a OEM specific version and Hercules may have only provided you a 32 bit version.

I gig with several Dell 64 bit laptops, Windows 7, several different controllers (including Hercules), and external sound cards. I've never had an issue?
Then again all the laptops run Virtual DJ pro.

Thank you sir

There has been an update to my problem and I think this will help all those who have this particular Dell Inspiron 15.6" model N5050

Right-click My Computer -> Properties -> Device Manager -> Sound, Video and Game Controllers -> IDT High Definition Audio Codec -> *right-click* -> Disable

Disable the soundcard. Yes. Incredible as it sounds, disable the sound-card and it will work. Dell has shipped a horrble IDT soundcard with this laptop and that is what stops the ASIO driver frm working. So, after you disable the soundcard, all should work well.

I owe the folks at Hercules and Virtual DJ a BIG apology. Sometimes, even the IT guy (aka me) learns something new.

Thanks guys and keep the music playing!

Posted Mon 18 Jun 12 @ 5:45 am
iltangLE userMember since 2011
i had a same problem. mine is windows7 64bit. try this way. right click on virtual dj program and click third one compatible check. and set it as xp sp2. then now i can run program well.

Posted Sat 09 Mar 13 @ 11:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)