Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: CPU USAGE ALWAYS FULL RED

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

WHY IS MY CPU USAGE ALWAYS FULL AND IT TAKES SOO LONG FOR MY TRACKS TO LOAD, THIS IS ONLY HAPPENING SINCE I UPDATED MY VDJ TO 7 AND I SHUT DOWN THE INTERNET SWITH OFF ANTI VIRUS, FIREWALL ALL OTHER PROGRAMS ETC.... STILL TOOO SLOW????

Posted Mon 12 Sep 11 @ 7:04 am
Have you brought up your task manager to see what's eating up your CPU? The CPU meter on VDJ skins is the overall CPU usage of your system, not the CPU usage of the VDJ process only!

Posted Mon 12 Sep 11 @ 7:43 am

Posted Mon 12 Sep 11 @ 12:41 pm
mesomorph_beast wrote :
WHY IS MY CPU USAGE ALWAYS FULL AND IT TAKES SOO LONG FOR MY TRACKS TO LOAD, THIS IS ONLY HAPPENING SINCE I UPDATED MY VDJ TO 7 AND I SHUT DOWN THE INTERNET SWITH OFF ANTI VIRUS, FIREWALL ALL OTHER PROGRAMS ETC.... STILL TOOO SLOW????

How much Ram you have? ? and what kind processor are you using?¿

Posted Mon 12 Sep 11 @ 5:23 pm
^ + 1

Posted Mon 19 Sep 11 @ 11:53 pm
kemalleHome userMember since 2011
my cpu usage is full on virtual dj and im using a amd dual core processor 1.0 ghz

Posted Sat 02 Nov 13 @ 11:15 am

Posted Sat 02 Nov 13 @ 3:31 pm
Ok I am getting the same issues and have removed or shut down any processes that are not critical. Also serves noting I am on a i7 1.6 ghz with 8 gb of ram 512 dedicated video card with 3 gb total video card ram running on windows 8.1. I am getting the CPU usage peeking into the red and a stutter of music plus a massive drop in speed on the wave forms for each deck. Seems to be no reasoning as one minute it works perfect than it spikes nearly crashing than comes back for a few minutes. I am also using iremote on an iPad 2 and the denon 6000. Any thoughts of what else to look into?

Posted Thu 19 Dec 13 @ 12:13 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
open vdj and set it running and minimise then open task manager and watch what happens.

Posted Thu 19 Dec 13 @ 4:50 am
Please check the link above to ensure that your computer is optimised for DJ performance: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Performance%20Issues.html

In particular, make sure that you have not resized or maximised the VirtualDJ skin (User interface.) This can cause performance issues on some computers depending on your computer's graphics card's capabilities. This is due to the fact that it must scale the skin to the new size in real time.

If it's OK one minute and then bad the next, then this could be an overheating issue (Your computer's CPU is slowing down automatically to prevent overheating.) Make sure that all vents of your computer are not blocked or clogged up with dust and make sure that the cooling fans are still operational.

Posted Thu 19 Dec 13 @ 5:43 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)