Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual dj crashing everytime i open it

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Crash ID=10008dcb (date=1104061404, version=5.0 rev.6, build=506, thread=Main, dump=8b088b51, excode=c0000005 (0,0))
This is my crash report
every-time I open vdj and select my skin it says that "fatal error occured!,Virtual dj can try to automatically recover from the crash. Just click on recover and everything should and be fine." but when i click on recover that same message just pop's up again.
Virtual dj was the only program open,I have a hp compaq nc6120 laptop-Intel(R)Pentium(R)M processor 1.73Ghz 512MB RAM,32-bit Operating system and using windows 7,it started today and im using virtual dj version 5.0 rev6
PLEASE HELP THIS IS URGENT!!!!!!!

Posted Wed 06 Apr 11 @ 8:08 am
CAN I PLEEEAAAASE GET HELP ON THIS!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????? ITS REALY URGENT PPL!!!!! THIS IS A FORUM 4 PPL 2 HELP EACH OTHER BUT NO-ONE IS HELPING ME!

Posted Wed 06 Apr 11 @ 9:18 am
Virtual DJ 5 is very old and no longer supported for debugging.

Please download the latest free version here: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html or if you have a valid licence please enter it on this website and download the latest build.

Please also note your PC is at the lower end of specifications for running this type of program.

Keith

Posted Wed 06 Apr 11 @ 11:03 am
TRIED INSTALLING V7 ASWELL AND IT DOES THE SAME THING..BEFORE ALL THIS HAPPEND VIRTUAL DJ 5 AND 7 WORKED PERFECTLY FINE,I JST CHOSE 2 USE V5 COZ I FIND IT BETTER

Posted Thu 07 Apr 11 @ 2:08 am
Dj LazyAsh wrote :
CAN I PLEEEAAAASE GET HELP ON THIS!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????? ITS REALY URGENT PPL!!!!! THIS IS A FORUM 4 PPL 2 HELP EACH OTHER BUT NO-ONE IS HELPING ME!

TYPING IN CAPITALS ON THE INTERNET INDICATES SHOUTING - WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING AT ME. People do not get paid to answer questions on this forum, you should wait more than an hour before questioning why no-one has replied.

As kradcliffe has stated, download the latest free version from the link provided.

Posted Thu 07 Apr 11 @ 8:00 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you have a crash report with version 7.03 please post here.

Posted Thu 07 Apr 11 @ 8:20 am
I noticed he's saying "......and select my skin".

Maybe that's the problem. Something wrong in the skin that's causing the crash.

I'd suggest using another skin and seeing what happens.

Posted Thu 07 Apr 11 @ 2:05 pm
I have a problem with virtual dj crashing with version 7.03. The software came with the controller I just purchased. The hercules dj 4set and it worked well for a few days. Now, it crashes after a few minutes of use. IT hangs the whole computer and I have to power cycle it. The computer has 2GB of memory and not even half is being used while running virtual dj. It is running windows XP SP2 with a 2.8Ghz CPU. More than enough to run the software compared to the specs. Any help would be great. Is it an issue with this version? I tried to use the trial pro version to see if I needed to update but the same thing happened.

Posted Sun 19 Jun 11 @ 9:55 pm
Have you tried uninstalling virtual dj including the settings??? Just to be on the safe side after uninstalling check your documents folder to c if there is a virtual dj folder. If there is, delete it and then try a fresh install. From your post i am presuming that you have installed it fairly recently. You could always try system restore in Windows XP to a date just before the first signs of virtual DJ crashing. Just a thought.

l8r:)

Posted Mon 20 Jun 11 @ 2:25 pm
update xp to sp3 and try and minimize what you're running in windows. it's not always about what's running in your RAM or CPU, but's what's trying to use the same resources. it sounds confusing i know but trust me when i say xp even with sp3 isn't a great OS. I've been a network admin for USMC and a tech for 15 years. I'd upgrade to win 7 asap and install vdj pretty quick. I've had very almost no issues whatsoever on my windows 7 systems and i've tortured the software (splash screen redesign, custom skins, forced reg, crazy configs...) to make it look and act my own way and it still holds up fine. it's almost always something else with VDJ and rarely the software itself. If you have a laptop you use for DJing, keep it for JUST that if at all possible and run frequent cleanups using disk cleanup or a custom .bat file if you know how to do those (you can clean more) and tweak windows using msconfig to reduce the services and programs running to clear up any background clutter. Hope this helps

Posted Tue 21 Jun 11 @ 5:13 pm
famol99PRO InfinityMember since 2004
i guys, i use vdj7+the hercules rmx console. i hav 6gb of ram and a 2.13ghz processor. atleast once per gig virtual freezes when i load a new song while the other is still playing. i usually have to hard boot the laptop to resume playing. Any1 knows what could be causing this? I husually end unnecessary processes, ive reinstalled it 2wice but still!!!

Posted Sun 29 Jan 12 @ 5:34 am

Posted Mon 30 Jan 12 @ 8:25 am
ulugbekHome userMember since 2012
Hi everyone

My Virtual DJ has been crashing for almost 3 weeks. Do not know what to do.

Here is the Crash report - Crash ID=76d35ea9 (date=1211141226, version=7.3 Home FREE, build=422, thread=Screen, dump=8bec518b, excode=c0000005 (0,ffffffff))

Any help will be appreciated.

PS, I have downloaded the latest version and tried changing the skin but still no luck

Posted Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 2:49 am
Virtual dj is always delay with some second s while play a song

Posted Tue 22 Nov 16 @ 9:16 pm
this thread is 4 years old.

Use the new VDJ 8.2 and not the old v7

Posted Wed 23 Nov 16 @ 1:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)