Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 2 vs 4 decks

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DoomtbLE userMember since 2011
Yes, I tried using the search function before posting this question,

What do you use and which do you prefer? 2 or 4 decks?

Are 4 decks practical or over-complicated? Give me some examples of how you would use 4 decks?

Posted Wed 09 Mar 11 @ 10:15 pm
This is how I would use more than 2: if you're playing one song, already have your next song cued up you can preview another track on one of the extra players.

I'm sure there are some DJ's out there that put together some awesome mixes with more than two decks.

Posted Wed 09 Mar 11 @ 10:33 pm
jdogingHome userMember since 2011
I use 4 decks constantly cause I fade in n out a lot just to keep everything up tempo. Cause no one wants to go from strong ass bump-age to another quiet ass buildup in less then 3 minutes. Some times it gets to the point where I do use 6 but it eventually gets confusing at 6. Just practice with it

Posted Wed 09 Mar 11 @ 10:42 pm
Sometimes I like to mess around with 4 decks by layering loops from techno tracks on top of each other, applying EQ and FX and create remixes on the fly.

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 6:34 am
Go on to YouTube and search for vids by DJ Delboy....

That's what you can do with four decks.

He's actually making it harder for himself by using CDJ-1000s. Doing a similar routine on VDJ would be easier, as you have track names, beat grids, sampling, waveforms and so on.

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 6:43 am
coach kPRO InfinityMember since 2010
4 Decks are easy! Just take a few days to play with it and you'll see what I mean. Actually it's lot a fun to me, because it opens a whole new world of creativity with all the extra stuff I can do. Loops, samples, effects, new mixes, etc. For example, in the middle of a hot mix with a instrumental and a acapella song, I'm able to cut right into the next song without having to stop one deck because it was ready in the 3rd deck without missing a beat.

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 7:15 am
For a full 4 deck control it is better to have 2 2-deck controllers. Second controller can be assigned to decks 3-4 with no additional mapping required.

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 8:08 am
Can anyone help me I upgraded to a four channel American audio vms5 , I also got limited edition vdj8 with it too but its not setting up right and I cant set up audio or mappings properly ? Can someone please help

Posted Wed 22 Mar 17 @ 9:45 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Wed 22 Mar 17 @ 11:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)