Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Best DJ pool for COUNTRY music ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jbart19PRO InfinityMember since 2011

Is there anywhere that has a decent catalog of country music including back catalog?

I am already a member of ZipDJ but their country selection is pretty pathetic. I saw that ERGmusic has a decent collection but it has to be shipped to you on a pre-packaged CD and is like 75 cents a song - that would get real expensive. It seems like all the pools pretty much ignore country music and if they do have few songs like ZipDj they are only from the last year or so.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

My other option I guess would be to do artist searches in netsearch and spend days cacheing songs to my collection.

TIA :)

Posted Wed 23 Feb 11 @ 9:57 am
I would like to know this as well. I too am a member of zipDJ, and as their selection of house and dance is excellent, the country and rock genres lack content. Mymp3pool and other pools are pretty much in the same boat. Is there any country jocks out there? What do you guys do?

Posted Wed 23 Feb 11 @ 12:04 pm
Promo Only is great for country music and you can order as far back as you like.

Posted Wed 23 Feb 11 @ 12:07 pm
You can also try here

Posted Wed 23 Feb 11 @ 12:18 pm
there are two realistic choices = promo only and tmstudios. we've used promo only since as far back as i can remember and we did for a while also have the tmcentury gold disc series for the older country we needed. and of course neither one has everything - we still ended up spending some serious money at the stores.

best bet - promo only for newer stuff before it hits the shelves, and get in good with label reps for advanced copies of stuff. ya never know on those some good some bad.

Posted Wed 23 Feb 11 @ 3:05 pm
I looked at TM Studios Gold Disc Country Library and they say you can order a hard drive with the songs on it but I didn't see a way to actually order it on the site - I did sign up to be a member but still no "buy it here" area.

EGR Music was having a sale on some of their back catalog so I ordered about 50 cd's from them - roughly 1000 songs from the years 2000 -> 2010

I might sign up for their service as it seems relatively reasonable. Roughly 20 songs month for $10 - way less than $10 gets you at 8th wonder but being in KY i need a way to keep up on Country.
I already have about 15,000 country songs in my collection but they are hit and miss from the 1950's all the way up to about 2008 with LOTS of duplicates.

I guess I am just spoiled with how easy it is to get lots of content cheaply for hip-hop and pop music :)

EDIT:

Actually just compared the quality of songs between EGR and Promo Only and PO is way better. (more popular artists)
My biggest concern is overlap between my ZipDJ subscription and a PO country subscription. A year of P Country will cost $160 for approximately 200 songs. Zip DJ has about 150 songs available int he last year. Looks like there will probably a lot of overlap. Maybe I should just be content with ZipDJ and use netsearch for anything they don't have. :)~

Posted Wed 23 Feb 11 @ 3:39 pm
sorry bud but overlap is gonna be an issues with any service. every label wants their stuff to get the most plays so they pretty much send it to all the distribution outlets/services. they even do it to themselves in-house - on the promo only club and hot video you end up getting the same video multiple times. thems the breaks.

Posted Wed 23 Feb 11 @ 4:01 pm
I have using CDX (http://www.cdxcd.com/) here in the US for over a decade now for all of my country music. Much better than Promo Only.

Posted Sat 26 Feb 11 @ 11:26 pm
$1400 is a little steep for me

Posted Sun 27 Feb 11 @ 8:04 pm
[Link Removed]

Posted Wed 17 Jul 13 @ 11:55 am
Your previous post was removed because advertising is not permitted, as stated in the forum rules.

Posted Wed 17 Jul 13 @ 12:16 pm
txbillyHome userMember since 2017
Try idjpool its where I get mine all the new stuff and alot of stuff I have never heard. My problem is trying to find one with rock like a.c./dc lynard skynard and such ones like that.

Posted Wed 19 Sep 18 @ 4:13 pm
You're replying to a post that's seven years old!

The forum rules ask that you refrain from digging up posts over a year old.

Posted Wed 19 Sep 18 @ 4:26 pm
And we're off. Please don't open old threads, thank you.

Locked by AMAHM

Posted Wed 19 Sep 18 @ 9:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)