Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ Loses Connection to Midi Controller

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

I have the VDJ Pro on a Macbook 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4gb of ram. I use a DNMC-6000 midi controller. Sometimes while I play, VDJ loses connection to the controller. If I try to restart the midi controller, VDJ does not recognize it. Only way to get it to work again is to restart VDJ.

What is causing this and how can I fix it?

Posted Sat 29 Jan 11 @ 10:03 am
DJTMNYPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I am having the same problem. Rebooting VDJ does not solve the problem. Both MC6000 and VDJ have to be rebooted.

Please advise.

Posted Sat 29 Jan 11 @ 11:46 pm
I had the same problem with the 6000. There a lot of post about this and its still un resolved. The temp fix i believe it to disable sctracthing on the 6000 platter.

There is more info on the denon hardware section of this forum. Hopefully denon will have a fix shortly.

Posted Sun 30 Jan 11 @ 1:29 am
wow. i thought it was only happening to me.
i hope they fix it as soon as possible.
i love the controller and virtual dj.

Posted Sat 26 Mar 11 @ 9:06 am
This is fixed by a firmware update that Denon released recently.

Please ensure that you have the latest firmware installed on your MC6000.

You can download this from http://www.denondj.com

Posted Sat 26 Mar 11 @ 1:56 pm
This is happening with my Mixtrack Pro since I've updated (finally) to 7.0.3 from 6.something. Virtual DJ will not initialize the controller, but doesn't give an error that it can't find one.

Posted Sat 26 Mar 11 @ 5:14 pm
To Supportstaff: I don't find the firmware to download on Denon site.

I just found the drvers for ASIO.........

Have you a link to provide?

Chris

Posted Thu 31 Mar 11 @ 1:00 pm

Posted Thu 31 Mar 11 @ 2:22 pm
DEECARRPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Support staff wrote :
Both can be downloaded from http://www.denondj.com/firmware.aspx?ProductId=125 - Click on the FIRMWARE tab.

You will need to setup a user account with Denon and register your MC6000 with them to be able to download it.

I checked that out but that's for pc users only. Is there a solution out for mac users?

Posted Wed 06 Apr 11 @ 10:16 pm
Is there a solution out for mac users?

Posted Thu 07 Apr 11 @ 1:34 pm
The firmware update is for both PC and Mac - Please see the instructions included in the ZIP file.

Posted Thu 07 Apr 11 @ 2:34 pm
foamgodPRO InfinityMember since 2004
As much as I'm a Long time user/lover of VDJ since 2004,00 And I love the Denon 3700's, I am NOT in love how those AND the Denon MC- 6000 I just bought, Are NOT as user friendly with VDJ. I use a TTM57 and a VCI-100 and a Maya 44. I thought that with all the upgrades and firmware updates, etc. the MC-6000 would have finally been the perfect All in one, portable, high powered unit to work with VDJ. I am miserable and spent more time on forums and setup, than all the other stuff combined. The 3700's by the way work perfect with Serato hybrid. If they only had the plug in options like VDJ or Traktor, Id gladly give it a whirl and have gotten the S4 unit. I hate this MC6000 to pieces. Jog wheel on right scratches forward only, etc. ugh
Just save your money if your considering this unit. Im so mad.

Posted Sun 01 May 11 @ 4:44 pm
Support staff wrote :
Both can be downloaded from http://www.denondj.com/firmware.aspx?ProductId=125 - Click on the FIRMWARE tab.

You will need to setup a user account with Denon and register your MC6000 with them to be able to download it.

it worked for me, i downloaded the update and installed the folder that said mac only.
it actually was a plugin for java which helped my computer.
everything working good so far. thanks for the help.

Posted Tue 03 May 11 @ 10:17 am
djmarkePRO InfinityMember since 2006
I am having the same problem. This has happened twice now and the unit I have is only 3 months. I'll try the new firmware update 1011 to see what that does.

Posted Sun 11 Mar 12 @ 8:27 am
DJTMNY wrote :
I am having the same problem. Rebooting VDJ does not solve the problem. Both MC6000 and VDJ have to be rebooted.Please advise.

When connection get lost, you don't need to reboot both the computer and controller, what you should do is, you will need to go back into CONFIG -> Sound Setup and re-apply the settings of your soundcard again for it to work. That is because VDJ doesn't support auto soundcard config detection when connection get lost.

Posted Mon 12 Mar 12 @ 10:53 am
xcakidPRO InfinityMember since 2010
The other thing to look at is on the MC6000 there is a toggle to select PC/MAC. Make sure it is toggled to MAC if you are using a Mac. If this is toggled to PC and using a Mac it will cause drop offs in MIDI connections.

Posted Wed 14 Mar 12 @ 3:00 pm
ltmpbbPRO InfinityMember since 2013
I am using virtual dj 8 software on a new Mac (Yosemite, i7 processor, 256gb Flash drive, 16gb memory) with the Pioneer XDJ R-1 controller. Music library is on a 2tb external WD hard drive that is powered. Virtual will work for a few minutes then I cannot use the controller anymore. I thought it was processor related since the Macbook was using previously was an older dual core model. Not really happy right now with VDJ. Rebooting is not an option when djing at a event or paid gig

Posted Fri 31 Jul 15 @ 11:30 pm
CaspeHPPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I had a problem like this om my mac, and it was caused by a faulty non apple charger. It caused a bit of current running in the aluminium body, breaking the usb connection. This only happened when the battery was not fully charged. And not always.
Was thinking it was my new controller, pioneer ddj sx, but tried it with my old mc6000, and it still did the same thing. Changing the charger into an original apple charger, removed the problem.

Posted Sat 01 Aug 15 @ 1:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)