Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Cant open virtual dj le - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Just got the numark mixtrack pro last night and i installed the Virtual DJ program that came with it. when i open i get an error message about the skin file. i dowloaded the version off this site as well with the same problem. Im kinda aggrivated since its only saturday and tech support will not be available until monday. Can anyone help with this issue? thanks

Posted Sat 08 Jan 11 @ 1:03 pm
Try installing the Virtual DJ .exe file as administrator (right click to get the options)

Please let me know if this works

Keith

Posted Sat 08 Jan 11 @ 1:18 pm
still got the same error message "invalid skin file (error line 0 in the xml)"

Posted Sat 08 Jan 11 @ 1:30 pm
What OS are you installing it to?

Can you check it has created a user>virtualDJ>skins folder and have a look what's in it.

Keith

Posted Sat 08 Jan 11 @ 1:49 pm
windows 7

user/mydocuments/virtualdj

in the virtualdj folder there are 7 items

1. crashgaurd3
2, EULA
3. INSTALL
4. ripdvd
5. ripvinyl
6. UNWISE
7. Virtualdj_le

Posted Sat 08 Jan 11 @ 2:08 pm
The most common cause of this error is installing the software while logged in as one user (E.g: Fred) and then trying to run it as a different user (E.g: Joe.)

The other user is missing the My Documents\VirtualDJ folder or some of its default contents (E.g: Skins folder.) The program will not run without this.

To resolve, please either:

(1) Install the software as the user you will be running it as.

(2) Manually copy the My Documents\VirtualDJ folder across to the other user.

Another cause is installing the software without administrator privileges under Vista or Windows 7. Right-click on the VirtualDJ installation file and choose Run as administrator.

Posted Sat 08 Jan 11 @ 2:27 pm
BINGO....i ran as the admin and its ALIVE!!! thanks for the help guys..

now to begin my career as a DJ... i'm as novice as they come.

Posted Sat 08 Jan 11 @ 2:54 pm
No problem, glad to help.

Keith

Posted Sat 08 Jan 11 @ 3:04 pm
that first time i tried to run as the admin it didnt work...i uninstalled and reinstalled in between the two times i tried fwiw. thanks again

Posted Sat 08 Jan 11 @ 3:29 pm
Any help with the same situation on Mac.
Hercules 4mx, I installed Virtual dj LE and the error "Invalid skin file (error line 0 in the xml)" keeps coming up... I havent played it even once :(

Posted Mon 04 Apr 11 @ 2:24 am
The most common cause of this error is installing the software while logged in as one user (E.g: Fred) and then trying to run it as a different user (E.g: Joe.)

The other user is missing the /users/USERNAME/Documents/VirtualDJ folder (Or for new installations of v7.0.3 or above, /users/YOURNAME/Library/VirtualDJ folder.) The program will not run without this.

To resolve, please either:

(1) Install the software as the user you will be running it as.

(2) Manually copy the Documents/VirtualDJ and/or Library/VirtualDJ folder across to the other user.

If the above does not help, please try the following:

(1) Delete the following file: MacintoshHD -> Users/YOURNAME/Library/Preferences/com.atomixproductions.virtualdj.plist

(2) Go to the Download Center and download the latest installation file: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

(3) Install the software using the installation file that you downloaded above.

Posted Mon 04 Apr 11 @ 8:59 pm
we cant open it. everytime it just installs. what do we do to get it open?

Posted Sat 11 Jun 11 @ 6:59 pm
Hello im having the same problem. I checked to see if it was a problem with the user files but that is fine. I am running windows 7 64 bit. For some reason however the option to run the installer as an admin is not shown for me. (I know I am set to admin because i can do this with other programs).
Please help?
Thank you!
(can run the virtual DJ LE program as an admin but the error persists.)

Posted Tue 01 May 12 @ 10:25 pm

Posted Wed 02 May 12 @ 5:34 am
bikoyLE userMember since 2012
I have followed and did what was told on this forum still the error popup and i can't open VDJ le (DJC.4) even download the one in my account but still no luck. i'm running it on windows 7 and i'm so sure about the admin rights for my unit. What would be the best solution for this?

Posted Mon 12 Nov 12 @ 5:35 am

Posted Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 8:19 am
Can someone help me im getting the skin error for my virtual dj but i have windows 8.1

Posted Fri 10 Oct 14 @ 1:03 pm
Hey guys could someone help me install virtual dj 8 so that it works because when I install it, it installs successfully but the software doesn't want to open?? Why is this??

Posted Sat 11 Oct 14 @ 8:16 am
Im getting Protection error 4 while trying to open Virtual dj le,just arrived numark mixtrack pro. On compaq pc

Posted Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 6:05 am
Please contact support.

Posted Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 10:18 am
83%