Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ iRemote for iPhone/iPad/iPod - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

OK, who is going to make a video of it in use that will make me get an ipad?

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 11:07 pm
Definitely need some type of browser window. I have way to many songs to have to try to scroll to each one. Right now i'm using iteleport app for iphone and it pulls up you're whole computer. Works pretty good with the iphone but would probably better with an ipad. Can pull up my DJ computer then switch to my lighting computer back and forth. Was pretty excited for the iremote app, but like i said a browser where you can type in songs would be extremely helpful. Keep up the great work.

Posted Fri 17 Dec 10 @ 1:18 am
Thanx great work.

but this version's single-touch.

If becoming multi-touch,It is excited!!!

Posted Fri 17 Dec 10 @ 2:06 am
10 bucks?!?! Wow!!!! Is it worth it on the 3G?

Posted Fri 17 Dec 10 @ 3:26 am
is it worth it...I think others will agree...Yes! :)

Are there any details (or examples) available for making new skins for the iPhone 3GS?

Oh...and does anyone know how to stop the iPhone receiving calls and texts whilst running the app? as putting the phone into Airplane mode disables the WIFI...

Posted Fri 17 Dec 10 @ 5:05 am
NO MULTITOUCH???? otherwise brillliant!!! for those asking i will upload a vidoe of the ipad version working tonight!

Posted Fri 17 Dec 10 @ 5:48 am
Please ignore my request on using the iPhone in WIFI only...got the answer...

It's just a case of putting it into Airplane Mode, then switching the WIFI back on...(a case of RTFM I think...lol).

Settings --> Airplane Mode (OFF) --> WIFI (ON).

Posted Fri 17 Dec 10 @ 5:51 am
Joop3mPRO InfinityMember since 2007
YES! bought the app and works like hell!

BEWARE !!! the first ipad app has to be turned upside down (in my opinion)

is there a possibility to turn this skin 180 degrees, so when the ipad is lying down the volume knobs are on top?

thanks... ;-)

GREAT APP!

Posted Fri 17 Dec 10 @ 7:25 am
Tried this last night and it's pretty innovative.
I'm confused though. Don't they say our wifi on the pc
Needs to be off ? no I tried this yesterday
By connecting my laptop and iPhone to a router
But it wasn't connected to the Internet it was just an internal
Connection , would that be safe to leave the wifi card on?

Posted Fri 17 Dec 10 @ 7:43 am
The song info shows on the browser screen on my iphone but not on my ipad? anyone else having this problem?

Posted Fri 17 Dec 10 @ 7:46 am
Multi-touch is something that I imagine would be incorporated in future as with the general progression with software.

Remember this is the FIRST version of this app so it's partly about the guys at Atomix hearing our feedback and allowing us to share our views and ideas.

I have managed to solve the multi-touch situation by using my iPad and iPhone at the same time to control crossfader/ play or effects and loop etc ;).

I will probably record a little video over the weekend of the app in use for those of you who are interested.

As stated in my review on the App Store, even if the full browser should remain absent I think a search function would be perfect! Search for an artist and have it come up as it does on the iPod list or something. In addition, maybe MusicGroup suggestions to pop up too?

Obviously more and more will come in time and this app will really begin to show off the vast capabilities of VDJ!

Posted Fri 17 Dec 10 @ 7:50 am
shaun9818 wrote :
The song info shows on the browser screen on my iphone but not on my ipad? anyone else having this problem?

As previously stated, you need to resend the skin to your device for now. Download it from the skins section on this site, save it in your VirtualDJ folder (not sure if this should be the normal skins folder or a special iRemote folder, if it matters at all), go into config on VDJ, to the iPhone/ iPad tab and click on your device and select the option to re-skin (obviously select the appropriate skin from the list)

I had the exact same problem.

Posted Fri 17 Dec 10 @ 7:53 am
Hi....i'm also having the problem with the skin.

The Mac application for installing the skin fails, i downloaded the source files instead, the xml file and the bmp file, i've placed copies in the root of the skins folder, i've also placed copies in a folder i made called iphone (in skins), i've also placed copies in a folder i made called ipad (in skins).

When ever i try to upload ANY of these skins the ipad displays a message saying it 'failed to load skin'

Could someone clarify exactly where these 2 files should be placed. thankyou :)

Posted Fri 17 Dec 10 @ 10:37 am
Ok sorted now.

The source files folder Ipad_skin has to be zipped and placed in a folder called Iphone in your Skins folder. You click upload new skin in VDJ and then select that ZIP file. All working great now.

Like the app, but would also of liked the following features.

Search for files
List files (rather than just displaying one name at a time)
Ability to EQ
Ability to adjust master volume
Ability to display and scroll through playlist content.

Posted Fri 17 Dec 10 @ 10:49 am
CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
works great!

Posted Fri 17 Dec 10 @ 12:13 pm
shaun9818 wrote :

Yes, we are aware of this problem, and a patch has already been submited to Apple.
iRemote 1.0.1 with the fix should be available any time now.

In the meantime, one just needs to reupload a skin on the device to fix it.

Also, to install new iPhone/iPad skins, make sure you have an "iPhone" folder inside your "Documents/VirtualDJ/Skins/" folder.
Otherwise the skin installer will fail with Error 7.
(people who downloaded v7.0.2 in the next few hours after it was released probably don't have this folder, as the installer was fixed only a few hours after the release).

Posted Fri 17 Dec 10 @ 1:05 pm
Hello all

I am wondering if anyone can give me a link to a guide on how to setup up a network on my mac at a gig from my ipod touch to my mac were there is no internet on pc this thing is called (Ad-Hoc (pc-to-pc) Wifi network) but on mac i have no idea what is or what it is called.

If anyone knows please do tell

thanks
Dj Toni

Posted Fri 17 Dec 10 @ 3:08 pm
Stop crying with all this "it's 10 bucks? it should be free!" junk.

I really think $10 bucks is nothing if you're a professional DJ (one who get's paid to DJ)

So, just buy it, deduct it of your taxes as a "business tool" and be happy.

I can already see the many uses of this app.

For instance, as a wedding and party DJ, I can now go to the dancefloor and be a bit more free knowing I can handle it from there.

Also, I will make everyone have fun by allowing a few people to feel part of the gig by touching the effects buttons and sirens and such.

BTW, when I access the samples, I only get 1-4 , how do I scroll to the rest? I didn't figure it out yet. But I've only played with it for a couple of hours.

ANyways, great work VDJ and I am happy to support you guys with a few bucks.

Posted Fri 17 Dec 10 @ 4:39 pm
atlantischicago wrote :
Definitely need some type of browser window.
a browser where you can type in songs would be extremely helpful.

If the VDJ database can be copied over to the device running the remote, so that access for searches is direct instead of needing to tx/rx it would be better (faster) too I guess

Posted Fri 17 Dec 10 @ 5:02 pm
I had no problem adding the new blacksheep skin. worked great on the first try

Posted Fri 17 Dec 10 @ 5:48 pm
22%