Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Stanton SCS 3m System & Virtual Dj - need some help setting it up

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok so I picked up the Stanton SCS 3m System - Mixer and two decks. I installed the router. I dont know what setting in the router to choose and also what setting to choose in virtual DJ settings. I got sound out but im not sure its working right. if anybody has this setup please let me know how you have it setup.

Also do you need to use the electric adapter with this system because im not sure if the ubs is supplying enough power to all three units.

Thanks

Posted Sun 21 Nov 10 @ 3:56 pm
you don't need to use darouter with the scs3 and vdj. it has native support. just plug in the units before opening vdj. vdj will recognize them and load the appropriate mapper.

you don't HAVE to use the power cord. you could plug in each unit separately to an indiviuald usb plug, but you can't run all three in one usb plug without the power adapter(or another powered hub)

Posted Sun 21 Nov 10 @ 4:34 pm
Thanks for the reply I will try it again on monday when I have some free time. So far these units look very promising.
I hope to use them for small parties and bars.

Posted Sun 21 Nov 10 @ 8:51 pm
ukdjdazPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Having a small issue... Just got the 3m to complete the scs controllers. So now got the 2 da scratches(scs 3d) and 1 da mixer(scs 3m).

Linked them all toegether (including the power for the hub). Plugged in before VDJ started let windows acknowledge the new device for the mixer. Started VDJ. the 2 da scratches lit up and worked as they previously had. The scs 3m lit up as it would do when plugged into usb (without VDJ running).

No control avaliable from 3m. VDJ can see the device as the option is avaliable to select in the mappers tab.

Unlinked the 2 da scratches and tried da mixer on its own and still nothing working.

I recall when da scratch was under going development here that you had to change a Midi value (like an ip address). Does this need to be done?

Thanks

Daz

Posted Thu 03 Feb 11 @ 7:32 am
the first thing I would do would be to test it with another software, the 3m that is.

What version of VDJ are you using?

You should not have to change the midi channel anymore. Is this a new 3m? if someone has used it in the past with vdj, they may have changed the midi channel I suppose.

Have you changed the usb cable?
Have you tried the usb plugs on the inside and those on the outside?

Posted Thu 03 Feb 11 @ 3:47 pm
did you plug in the scs3m alone, before you plugged it in linked with the 3ds?

Posted Thu 03 Feb 11 @ 3:48 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Thu 03 Feb 11 @ 4:27 pm
lcmxr6PRO InfinityMember since 2009
I have this system as well. Honestly I don't really like it. It has some great features but overall it seems a little shakey. The main problem I had with it is sometimes when you are going down or up in loop (e.g. 1/2 --->1/4 VDJ will skip a slot and throw your loops off) I picked up this system for $100 no lie. My friends girlfriend was on the real world DC. They gave her this for being on the show and it was just sitting in their garage for over a year! I think i might sell it. Plus I could never get it to work right with VDJ. The lights never worked right either. Even with the cioce mapper =(

Posted Thu 03 Feb 11 @ 9:49 pm
ukdjdazPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Drimachus wrote :
the first thing I would do would be to test it with another software, the 3m that is.

What version of VDJ are you using?

You should not have to change the midi channel anymore. Is this a new 3m? if someone has used it in the past with vdj, they may have changed the midi channel I suppose.

Have you changed the usb cable?
Have you tried the usb plugs on the inside and those on the outside?

What software should i try?
The unit is brand new out of the box.
Swapped the USB cable for oe of my SCS 3d units - Still the same problem

Just Trying the Mixer on its own now.

Drimachus wrote :
did you plug in the scs3m alone, before you plugged it in linked with the 3ds?

No initially i ran it all 3 together witht he power supply. The scs 3d's plugged into the usb ports on the inside of the unit.
Then i unplugged everything and started with just the mixer.

Same happens... Startup sequence (Withe the lights) then all the lights go blue (except the Stanton Logo) and no touch surface is usable.

Tried you Mapper, sorry still nothing happening.

Hopefully this may help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2l3U6qdzXQ

Thanks Daz

Posted Wed 09 Feb 11 @ 5:04 pm
wigcityPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I've just come across this thread and I can see problems that I had when upgrading VDJ. I wrote in the Stanton section of the Hardware Forum that toggling the modes solved my problem - I refer you to 7.2 point 4 of the manual, it is a bit tricky but it works.
I also would like to make the point that posting a hardware problem in the correct forum will elicit more expertise and ensure that others can benefit rather than having to search across forums for help.

Prof

Posted Thu 10 Feb 11 @ 8:06 am

Can you try it with mixxx? It is free

The simle midi wrapper is in the list of midi devices
Plug in the scs3m, start vdj, go to pref, midi. Click devices drop down, got to simple midi wrapper and try to mapp some play buttons or something using the scs3m. We need to see if it is on the correct midi channels and signals, etc. These may be confused because you initially connected all three together.

The sc3m has darouter bulit in to it. The computer may have recogized the device as the darouter program instead of the actual device. You should call stanton support and ask for jungleboy. Tell him you need to completely uninstall darouter and/or device drivers. Once you do that, you need to reinstall the devices 1 at a time, not together. Make sure when you connect these devices to any other computers that you do them individually.

Posted Thu 10 Feb 11 @ 4:56 pm
the problem im having is that every time i press the deck button on the stanton scs.3d,both of my decks switch at the same time so i can never have a deck A and B, i always have 2 A's or 2 B's

Posted Tue 22 Feb 11 @ 9:01 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Wed 23 Feb 11 @ 2:01 am
the problem im having is that every time i press the deck button on the stanton scs.3d,both of my decks switch at the same time so i can never have a deck A and B, i always have 2 A's or 2 B's

You can switch the deck assignments in the config, mappers section. next to the list on top is a little box where you can choose to assign which deck is one and which is two. The only thing is that you can't use the "vinyl" option on one of the decks. Try it and you will see what I mean. I need to know how to fix this. I am using ver 7. I am really considering going back to 6 just for this reason.

Posted Sun 06 Mar 11 @ 5:23 pm
djqcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi !

My SCS 3M was not working since i upgraded to VDJ 7.X

I went on the STANTON support and get a solution !

I changed the MIDI CHANNEL to 1 by doing this

http://www.stantondj.com/pdf/products/controllers/scs3m-manual.pdf

Page 56

7.1 Selecting MIDI Channel

The SCS.3m can be reconfigured to broadcast and receive on different MIDI channels to allow muliple
SCS.3m units to be connected to the same computer without control interference or for use with
other controllers with fixed MIDI channels. To change the MIDI channel on the SCS.3m follow the
instrucions below:
1. Cover the enire top right slider with your fingers and press the lower right headphone
buton.
2. The center secion of the SCS.3m will light red to indicate that the unit is now ready to
change its MIDI channel.
3. You can change the MIDI channel by pressing any of the center butons to select the channel.
The top let buton is MIDI channel 1 and the channels cascade from let to right so the top
right buton would be MIDI channel 2. Select any buton to change the MIDI channel from
1-8 and the unit will update to broadcast and receive on that channel.

And it work perfectly !

Posted Mon 18 Apr 11 @ 4:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)