Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Torq Conectiv

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I know this question has been asked before but I have heard several different responses... I heard that torq conectiv will work with VDJ... I have Virtual DJ Pro... which I purchased months before I purchased conectiv and personally I like the vdj program much better... This is a screen of how it is playing. It plays but it is like 10x slower than the normal track and its got horrible distortion... Does anyone know how to configure this?? Please help. I really dont like the torq software... thanks

Posted Wed 09 Dec 09 @ 12:56 am
djpr1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
I've been using conectiv for a looong time with CDJ's and it works perfect. There is something very wrong with your settings........

Can you post your laptop specs....

What version of VDJ?

Using Vinyl or CD? Which one ? Serato, VDJ?

Screen shot of your performance settings in VDJ

Also make sure that on the drop down list for timecodes you are using the correct one......

P.S. I also have the Serato SL1 soundcard but i prefer Conectiv for the higher output........you have a good soundcard it's just needs to be set right.

Posted Wed 09 Dec 09 @ 9:15 am
I just upgraded to the new vdj 6... I am using torq vinyl's with 2 numark turntables and a staton mixer... nothing special by any means... I had everything set up the way its suppose to with the whole conectiv set up and the torq program becuase i bought it all in a package... and it all works just fine with the torq program... Here are the screens for the vdj setup

Thanks again for the help!

Posted Wed 09 Dec 09 @ 1:31 pm
I never tried it with Torq timecode, the Team recommends either Serato vinyl or Vdj vinyl. If you using vinyl go with Serato, If you ever use cd go with the Vdj timecode cd which you can download for free.

I can see that your gain knob is low, raise that knob until you see a nice circle on the screen. Also raise your silence knob until the grey covers the green dot (enough to cover the green dot not too much) while your turntable is in pause. Can you post your performance settings?

Posted Wed 09 Dec 09 @ 5:27 pm
just checking - is your conectiv on phono??

Posted Thu 10 Dec 09 @ 1:20 am
Here is the performance settings

And DJ Marze my conectiv is on line

Posted Thu 10 Dec 09 @ 3:04 pm
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
You may need to set your connectiv to phono for the fact that you're using TCV, otherwise apply software RIAA.
Put your performance to the Fastest (all the way to your left) then un-check Safe Mode and Overclock.

Posted Fri 11 Dec 09 @ 1:03 am
Just uncheck safe mode and overclock.....if you run VDJ in Auto the rest is good. Make sure that you check the latency in the conectiv panel, try 256 buffer (6ms) if you don't hear any pops or artifacts in the audio then you can drop it to 128 buffer (2ms) and see how that goes.

As djranes mention you need to change it to phono for turntables.

Posted Fri 11 Dec 09 @ 10:13 am
I have the same question. I have stanton c.314 (2) and A BEHRINGER djx700 mixer, with the torq connectiv cds. When i m using it doesnt play the full song is it the wrong setting?

Posted Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 7:11 pm
mab543Home userMember since 2010
I have basically the same setup. I noticed that you have your vinyl setting to torq. I suggest switching to Serato vinyl or VDJ vinyl. I know for a fact that the Serato vinyl sounds awesome with Torq conectiv and VDJ. I'm dont know anyone that had success with Torq vinyl or CD timecodes. If you are using CDs like me....download or buy the VDJ mp3 timecodes and set your vinyl setting to VDJ v5 CD. thats what im using with VDJ version 6 pro and it works like a champ. With the previously mentioned approach, by default you should have some great sound providing that conectiv driver is properly installed and the sound setup tab is set properly based on your hardware.

Posted Wed 27 Jan 10 @ 9:29 pm
Hey DjPR1 or anyone else,can u please help me???

Im tryin to configure my cdjs wiz the torq connectiv but only the right deck is working properly???

The left one is goin like crazy,i cant even control is at all???

Both decks are of the same configuration but i dun understand why only the right one is working??

Please help,urgent Thanks

Posted Sun 11 Apr 10 @ 12:15 am
@ DJ No Limit - That sounds like something that happened to me during my first time setting things up. For starters make sure the 2 mix knobs (Mix A & Mix B) are turned all the way clockwise (to the right). Also as stated previously above the VDJ mp3 timecodes work best.

Posted Mon 12 Apr 10 @ 6:06 am
i tried everything man,i swear cant get it rite:(

Posted Wed 14 Apr 10 @ 8:07 am
Hmmm. OK now going down to the real basics. I see you as a non-license user. Keep in mind and based on what I have read here in the forums is if you have a cracked version of VDJ the odds are you will eventually have problems. Have you registered VDJ?? & what version are you using?

Posted Thu 15 Apr 10 @ 12:24 am
nah not registered yet and im using vdj 6,the lastest one

Posted Thu 15 Apr 10 @ 6:07 am
Recommend you register it and download the latest version VDJ 6.07 and try again.

Posted Sun 18 Apr 10 @ 2:45 am
shyhaLE userMember since 2007
Hi guys! I need your help. I'm a little bit desperate. Thanks in advance!!!
I've just bought Torq Conectiv. I have Virtual DJ Pro 7. It doesn't work together :( sound is not regular: slowing , speeding, glitching.

It sounds like that: http://opener.cal.pl/vdj0.mp3

My setup:
2 x Stanton T.80 (with new Shure M44-7), DXM-06 mixer and of course Conectiv, laptop Dell XPS M1330, 2.5GHz Core2Duo, 4GB RAM, Windows 7 OS (fresh Conectiv drivers installed)

Both gramophones are switched to LINE output, external mixer is also switched to LINE input.
Also in Conectiv both sticks are switched to LINE. Wheels turned maximally in clockwise direction.
Cables properly connected: line outputs from gramophones to line inputs in Conectiv and Line outputs from Conectiv to Line inputs in ext mixer.
Torq timecode vinyls loaded on decks (side a)

Now VDJ 7 setup:
INPUT: 2 timecodes
OUTPUT: external mixer
Audio: ASIO -> M-audio USB

Performance Auto or greatest value, ultralatency off,

Timecode setup:
Vinyl alghoritm: Torq
Mode: Absolute

http://opener.cal.pl/vdj1.png
http://opener.cal.pl/vdj2.png
http://opener.cal.pl/vdj3.png

Posted Fri 05 Nov 10 @ 8:16 pm
Torq vinyl's just wont work on VDJ. Best config I got out of it was using Other (relative mode....) 2000hz signal, but still it sounds kind of slow. I've try Traktor, Serato vinyls and both work well on VDJ with the conectiv, but not Torq vinyls.

Posted Sun 07 Nov 10 @ 7:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)