Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules RMX + Win 7 drivers - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

russjHome userMember since 2009
have just upgraded to a full copy of win 7 and now i can't get the RMX to work, i tried updating the drivers but i keep getting the message back that i have the latest. Any help would be a great help :D

Posted Wed 28 Oct 09 @ 8:06 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005

Posted Wed 28 Oct 09 @ 9:32 am
yes mate

Posted Wed 28 Oct 09 @ 10:56 am
What is the precise message you are getting AND at what point during the installation process?

Posted Wed 28 Oct 09 @ 11:26 am
ok the install had completed and i reset the system i get this message:

the hercules dj series driver found on your system is older than expected.
please reinstall the hercules driver package.

but i have the latest drivers.

Posted Wed 28 Oct 09 @ 11:49 am
OK. What happens is that somes files from a previous installation are not being overwritten as they should.

Proceed as follow:

- Uninstall the DJ driver and unplug the console

- Go to

C:\Windows\system32\drivers\

and delete the following files:

hdjbulk.sys
hdjasiok.sys
hdjmidi.sys

- Launch the driver installer again. You should now be able to install your console normally.

Posted Wed 28 Oct 09 @ 12:02 pm
ok mate, tried that only had one of the files u put that needed deleting. So done as said now the message has stopped, but still not working, when i got to the RMX and look at the properties i see this message now:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

any ideas?

Posted Wed 28 Oct 09 @ 1:08 pm
Maybe....
Try turning off "User Account Control", under users menu in control panel. Also turn off windows firewall or yours (you'll find it also in the control panel). Restart PC. Download the last Hercules drivers, and when it's finished, right-click on the installer and select "run as administrator" on the context menu.

Hope this helps.....

Posted Wed 28 Oct 09 @ 9:32 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Make sure your USB cable is in good working order. I experienced this once, turned out to be a gimpy cable.

Posted Wed 28 Oct 09 @ 9:34 pm
tried everything that you have suggested , but now i'm getting this error:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

any ideas?????

Posted Sun 01 Nov 09 @ 1:54 pm
i got the same problem dont have windows 7 it just dont power up gave me that same message need help

Posted Sun 01 Nov 09 @ 6:37 pm

Posted Mon 02 Nov 09 @ 6:47 am
tried this but when i get to the bit bout the manual firmware it don't work, can't get the manual updater to load, still get the message tht i got at the start.

Posted Mon 02 Nov 09 @ 10:29 am
Also tried all of the above and no joy when will there be a solution to the Win & drivers issue.

Posted Mon 16 Nov 09 @ 4:42 pm
"tried this but when i get to the bit bout the manual firmware it don't work, can't get the manual updater to load, still get the message tht i got at the start."

Also got to this stage, but just got the same "driver is older than expected" message. AArgh!!

Posted Wed 18 Nov 09 @ 10:35 am

Posted Wed 18 Nov 09 @ 12:08 pm
The problem of "older driver ..." usually occurs because a previous driver were installed using another console model, and you are now trying to install the new driver using another console (in this case an Rmx), and some file of the previous installation are not being updated corectly.

The solutions:

1) Install the driver using the previous DJ Console (if possible) or simply connecting both consoles.

2) Go to C:/Windows/System32/drivers folder and delete the following files:

- hdjbulk.sys
- hdjasiok.sys
- hdjmidi.sys

Once done, launch the new driver installation again.

Posted Wed 18 Nov 09 @ 1:29 pm
britePRO InfinityMember since 2009
mattynaughton wrote :
http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=2&fid=28&pid=215&cid=1

New drivers as of 12th November. Have you tried this?

That's the one I needed - many thanks for that. :)

Posted Thu 19 Nov 09 @ 8:29 am
SUCCESS!!

Thanks Phatso and matty for your replies. I did download the latest driver and was previously using the same RMX.

So russi and jcmighty this should work for you guys too:

So as I was saying, I was getting stuck on the manual firmware stage of this http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00384.pdf like you russi.

So I got on to Hercules tech support, and they told me to follow the same procedure, BUT do it on another computer that has a previous operating system (Vista/XP). It turns out that this firmware manual function isn't available on Win 7. So do all that on the other computer, and then install the driver as normal on your Win 7 laptop and it should be all good. If not, follow the procedure on the Win 7 laptop also.

Just so you know, the Hercules drivers on my laptop driver are located in Device Manager - Sound, video ... / Hercules DJ Console RMX, Hercules DJ Console RMX and Hercules DJ Console RMX.

Of course, now I can't hear anything in my headphones, even though they are selected in Config - Sound setup, but at least the problems are getting smaller :/

Posted Thu 19 Nov 09 @ 9:04 am
IM SO FRUSTRATED HELP! READ THIS WHOLE THREAD AND DID EVERYTHING, AND YES IM GETTING STUCK ON THE FIRMWARE PART.....YOU SAY TRY ON ANOTHER COMPUTER WITH A DIFFERENT OS.....I DONT HAVE THAT OPTION, WHAT ELSE CAN I DO???? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

I UPGRADED TO 7 FROM VISTA

AND BASICALLY THE ISSUE IS, THE COMPUTER IS NOT RECOGNIZING THE RMX....

WHAT ELSE CAN I DO!?!

Posted Wed 02 Dec 09 @ 10:30 pm
42%