Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How to set up 2 Pioneer CDJ-400's with Virtual DJ 5

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi chaps I have made a couple of video tutorials on how to correctly connect and set up the CDJ-400's for use with Virtual DJ.

I hope these may answer some of the many questions regarding this subject that are posted in the forums.

If anyone needs any further technical support regarding the setup feel free to either post here or on the video comments box and I'll do my best to help you out.

Video 1

Video 2

Cheers

Matt

Posted Sat 11 Jul 09 @ 6:45 am
That's very helpful for a lot of people out there, good job! I just did one on the CDJ-400's and VDJ too. I'm going to be uploading it soon. Keep up the great work on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/RudeDog66

DJ RuDe

Posted Sat 11 Jul 09 @ 1:44 pm
For anyone that is using a Mac the setup is slightly different .........as myself and my fellow DJ Jon found out after eight and a half hours of trawling through different forums for answers & trying to get our heads around it :)

Here is the tutorial Jon has made for the CDJ 400s with Virtual DJ & a Mac :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E06-5EZsKk

Posted Mon 13 Jul 09 @ 11:59 am
Cool, I know people who would like to see this one, thanks!

Posted Mon 13 Jul 09 @ 3:29 pm
Hi your vid is very helpful. Im going down to london later this week. I'm gonna b djing with mate who's got the cdj 400s and I'm going to see what they are like before committing to them. Anyway I have been using a hercules mk2 with v5.02 and do not have the first clue about combining this with a pioneer set up - My mate hasn't used a laptop before with his cdjs - and I haven't got a clue about combining an mp3 controller with the cd decks. Has anyone got any suggestions on how I may set this up? Is it even possible to do this? Cheers

Posted Mon 13 Jul 09 @ 7:37 pm
You will need to upgrade to VirtualDJ Professional to be able to do this. The free limited version that comes with your DJ Console MK2/MP3 does not support the use of any other hardware.

If you have VirtualDJ Pro, please register it via http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html and download the latest v6 version for free. This will allow you to use the CDJ400's natively to control VirtualDJ.

VirtualDJ v5.0.2 does not have built-in support for the CDJ-400.

Posted Tue 14 Jul 09 @ 12:45 pm
labbedjPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Thanks for the video. I suppose this also applies in a similar way to VDJ8 now Still the 2 usb cables and the CDJs set ups.
"for those using a mac..." video is gone!! do you still have the video or another link
thanks
jl

Posted Thu 06 Jul 17 @ 4:09 pm
Hi everyone,

trying to retrieve that Video for MAC users. Could somebody kindly repost.

CDJ 400 USB cable Connection to MAC plus external mixer, VDJ 8.2
Many thanks!
Joe

Posted Mon 09 Jul 18 @ 3:35 am
Hi everyone,

CDJ 400 USB cable Connection to MAC plus RANE TTM 57 SL external mixer, VDJ 8.2
Many thanks!
Joe

Posted Wed 25 Jul 18 @ 11:32 pm
Hi everyone,

CDJ 400 USB cable Connection to MAC plus RANE TTM 57 SL external mixer, VDJ 8.2
Many thanks!
Joe

Posted Wed 25 Jul 18 @ 11:42 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Thu 26 Jul 18 @ 1:07 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)