Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: now a full member - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mUd-VPRO InfinityMember since 2003
;)

Posted Sat 02 Apr 05 @ 6:30 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Welcome!!! Apopsis, you mentioned Numark Turntables. I grew up on 1200's and I have to say the TT 500's I bought after researching have been an unbelievable suprise. They havent skipped yet. Interchangeable arms and me learning again...I"ve beat the hell out of them. Same motor as the ttx.... no BPM counter as much as I can tell, is the only difference. Had them for about 4 months so I can't speak to longevity. But boy the torque. Wahoooo. I"ll post a scratch recording soon.

Posted Sun 03 Apr 05 @ 3:01 am
yeah well the differences between the TTx and the TT500s is
1-torque (3.7kg/cm on the TTX and 5.0 on the TT500s)
2-the wonderful monitor to show you what direction the platter is turning, BPM, Pitch percentage, options that are currently on, etc)
3-all the extra options that aren't on the TT500

man these tables look good in a dark place but I have yet to test everything out since this is my first day getting them. I'll post more in my blog later in the month when I have a bit more experience with them.

Best regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Sun 03 Apr 05 @ 8:16 am
I have just spent an hour beating the crap out of these turntables. It's sort of like golf to me. The clubs only mean so much. If you can't mix with these...or scratch with these...you can't do it. They don't skip, they don't slow, they catch right on. What's the torque on 1200's, I think right around the 3.7 number if I recall (could be wrong)...you had some numbers you posted. I'm a little bummed with you saying there is more torque on the TTX as I obviously didn't look beyond the ad of "same motor". Thanks for clarifying for people. Not sure more torque is needed. I'm no salesman and as some folks know on the board..could have bought whatever I wanted. I am not a working DJ so the big question is quality...can't speak to it as I've only had them a few months. Nice surprise though. I like these more then the 1200' I used to own. Happy mixing.

Posted Mon 04 Apr 05 @ 4:19 am
Just for fun....points 2 and 3 I'm good.. dont' need the bpm's and I know which way the platter is going. :))) JUst need it to spin the record (TCV).

Posted Mon 04 Apr 05 @ 4:49 am
Yeah I know what you mean there are some options on these that I don't need either. The techs torque is 1.5kg/cm.

But these are right on as well. I just have to get used to the extra torque and not have to give a slight push to my vinyl anymore.

Posted Mon 04 Apr 05 @ 12:46 pm
Thanks for the technics info. I'm surprised it's that much lower. That's some crazy torque on the TTX's, must be very strange in comparison to 1200's.

Posted Tue 05 Apr 05 @ 12:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)