Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Live broadcasting not working!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok so i open Virtual DJ (registered, bough it and everything). I click on broadcasting and it says goto http://71.199.66.95:8000/VirtualDJ.ogg to listen. It says below it waiting to start. I start playing a song and it says its live. I sent the link to 10 of my friends and they all said nothing happened, that it just said "Network Timeout.The server at 71.199.66.95 is taking too long to respond.The requested site did not respond to a connection request and the browser has stopped waiting for a reply." How do i get it to make it avalible for people to listen to?

Casper

Posted Tue 10 Mar 09 @ 5:06 pm
You need to foward ports in a router if you have not done so ;)

btw if you register your copy of vdj in your profile you will get a pretty lil icon next to your name and be called a "registered pro user" :P

Posted Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 6:03 am
[quote=natedawg24]You need to foward ports in a router if you have not done so ;)

How do i do this? Haha sorry not the most computer savy person

Posted Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 3:33 pm
http://portforward.com/ look up your router here and it should give you and idea ;) you need to foward Port 8000 for VDJ

Posted Wed 18 Mar 09 @ 11:12 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Sun 22 Mar 09 @ 7:09 am

Posted Sun 22 Mar 09 @ 8:30 pm

Posted Mon 23 Mar 09 @ 1:11 pm
Ok so i decided to use the shoutcast like the link tells me i should. I open VDJ, goto recorder, click on broadcast, click on config, make sure everything is correct, hit begin, start playing music and it says "Go to http://71.199.66.95:8000/VirtualDJ.mp3 to listen. 0/50 viewers listening" Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Posted Mon 23 Mar 09 @ 1:53 pm
Date: Wed 13 May 09 @ 10:07 pm
Message: Why VDJ v5.0, does Not Broadcast to the Web, or Web Server when the Broadcast Option is selected, and mixer is playing.....?????
How Do I fix this..???
OS = Windows Vista HP

Posted Wed 13 May 09 @ 4:29 pm
Vista has issues with broadcasting - the makers forgot to include a "Wave" or "What-U-Hear" option in the onboard soundcard.

External soundcard is necessary.

Posted Thu 14 May 09 @ 5:22 am
gangz1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Lenovo Laptop
1GB Ram
Windows XP Pro
VDJ 5.2.1

I am trying to broadcast using MP3 format. When I hit "Start Recording" I get "Broadcast Error". Everything works fine if I choose OGG format. This only happens on the laptop.

I also have VDJ loaded on my desktop computer. Broadcasting works fine on MP3 format on the desk top. But my TT's and everything else are connected to the laptop.
Any Ideas???

Posted Sat 25 Jul 09 @ 1:57 pm
dudrockPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have the same problem. Keep getting Encoder error when broadcasting in shoutcast mode.

Posted Wed 29 Jul 09 @ 9:48 pm
macrobCUE userMember since 2009
Hi, i'm having similiar problems. I correctly set-up the configurations to broadcast, but when i use the link provided after it starts "broadcasting" the page comes empty and says it can't load.I tried making an exception for the 8000 port, but no luck, and I'm also running my laptop on Windows Vista. I read that an "external soundcard is necessary"...so what exactly kind of soundcard should i be using? And what would i have to do? Sorry if i sound completely ignorant on this stuff, i'm new..so plz be patient with me!

Posted Fri 07 Aug 09 @ 4:33 pm
me too i cant open the broadcasting link

Posted Tue 13 Jul 10 @ 5:47 pm
So you guys are saying that port 8000 needs to be forwarded to the host computer? Or is it the guest computer?

Posted Fri 10 Feb 12 @ 11:05 pm
dylanm312 wrote :
So you guys are saying that port 8000 needs to be forwarded to the host computer? Or is it the guest computer?

Ports ID and IP while broadcasting are not constant it could be different in each server where are currently want to be connected, you need to setup those radiosites IP address and ports also if you have a subscription in that site you have to enter and configure your password and user name in VDJ before connection to the site. After connection to the site you can not broadcast immediately at this point you have to go to the site to login and setup your radio station ON on the AIR because not all the time it is ON THE AIR specially FREE subscription once your logout it will be OFF and not ON THE AIR at all times. Which site is that? where you want to broadcast?

Also taking so much time in connection during broadcastin is normal to those site who does not have enough server to hold broadcasting services most of the very good sites who handles radio broadcasting over the net around the globe will have at least 5 to 10 server in different places to switch between them if you can't get through the other server you can just switch immediately anytime to the other server.

Posted Sat 11 Feb 12 @ 1:20 am
KelansLE userMember since 2010
i have virtual dj pro and when i try to broadcast shout cast it says broadcast error but my friend has virtual dj also and his shoutcast works wit my server what to do

Posted Mon 08 Apr 13 @ 6:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)