Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DPC Latency Checker - Fix Audio Problems - Page: 6

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Most likely this is the result of installing other software, updates, etc. on your computer.

Or maybe it has become infected with a virus?

Or perhaps you were using it in a location with inadequate ventilation, so your computer started to overheat?

Please check all the points on the page above which may help you find and eliminate the cause of this problem.

Posted Thu 28 Apr 11 @ 6:06 am
pott6Home userMember since 2011
@ Mattos - I simply believe that the product is terribly unstable to support the many configs as it should be able to do. The product is promoted as user-friendly and simple plug-n-play but it's just the opposite. As I've said before, you shouldn't have to be a computer geek with a shirt pocket full of pens & pencils just to use it. I know this forum is supposed to be about advise & assistance, but maybe the best advise anyone can give is NOT TO USE THIS PRODUCT & ANY HARDWARE THAT RUNS ON ITS WEAK PLATFORM.

That's my .2cents....take it or leave it my friend. Good Luck to you!

Posted Thu 28 Apr 11 @ 2:15 pm
VirtualDJ runs perfectly and very reliably for the vast majority of users.

Unfortunately, some laptops and desktop PC's are designed for and aimed at typical home or office users, rather than low latency audio applications. These computers will need tweaking to run optimally, which the above page will help with.

In most cases, the problems are caused by all the unnecessary 'bloatware' that manufacturers pre-install on their computers.

NOTE: If you are using WDM (Standard Windows Audio) rather than ASIO, you will rarely experience these problems. Low latency ASIO is only really essential for good quality scratch sound and fast response. If you don't scratch, ASIO is not really necessary.

Posted Thu 28 Apr 11 @ 8:46 pm
na i hadn't downloaded ANYTHING else onto the computer and hadn't used the internet or anything else so there was no chance of me getting a virus or anything.. i also set it up in the same position as i always had it when it worked fine.. there was so reason for the sound to start acting like that but i used the latency checker and it solved everything so its all good

Posted Fri 29 Apr 11 @ 9:58 pm
OK guys, here is one for everyone to ponder. I am using an HP laptop 2.4 duo core with 4GB of ram. it's a screaming machine. I'm using VirtualDJ with the Numark NS7. NOW, I have no latency issues any software watching TV, videos, or Mixing with Virtual. However the minute I turn on my NS7 the latency goes through to roof and I have red spikes all over the place. I know the NS7 uses a lot of CPU but my 2.4 is above specs so what the heck is going on. Please help...

Posted Sun 03 Jul 11 @ 1:33 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
i cant believe ive not noticed this before, its often crossed my mind how i can improve latency.

Posted Wed 17 Aug 11 @ 7:58 am
hi there, have a good day to all of you, can you please help me......i have also incounter same problem the sound skipping. i follow all the stated in the computer optimised and checked all the steps stated in the common PC performance issue, and this is the specification on my PC.TOSHIBA SATELLITE A-105-S4014 microsoft window XP MCE, intel DUO, solo processor T2400, 1024mp, DDR2, 120GB (5400RPM) HDD, DVD super multi (+/-R Doubl/ layer) 15.4 Diaonal Trubite. and i also do the config in the virtual dj in the suond set up if i set in advance config there is no sound skipping but the problem is there is no headset or headphone. plese help me to fixed this problem and i have a Djing on December 8 2011 waiting for your further assistance to solve this problem. Thank you and more power to all of you.

Posted Fri 02 Dec 11 @ 11:13 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
The problem is the Hercules dj console 4-Mix, in order for your headphones to work you need to setup in advance sound cofig settins as follows.

1. In the 4-Mix taskbar icon, right click and set the "Audio Mode" to "WDM".
2. Click on the "Advanced" tab set "Headphone Channels" to 1-2, once done click out.
2. Go into advance sound card config in VDJ and add "Headphone" line in the dialog.
3. Add your "Herciles DJ console 4-mix" as the sound card.
4. Add output 1&2 for your headphone channels in your console.
5. If you are Using Both "Master output" and "Headphone output" to the 4-Mix Console, Then you could use ASIO drivers and 3&4 outputs for headphones.

Good Luck,

Joey....

Posted Sat 03 Dec 11 @ 10:09 am
@ JoeyKJ.... thank you very much your the men..... it's problem solve.....once again thank you... more power to you JoeyKJ.......

Posted Sat 03 Dec 11 @ 3:41 pm
Your welcome, anytime....happy to hear your good to go:)

Posted Sat 03 Dec 11 @ 4:08 pm
@JoeyKJ.... wish you all the best in 2012..... and to all of you guys.... happy new year....

Posted Tue 17 Jan 12 @ 6:05 am
Alright so i also got some problems with virtual dj and its not anything too bad. Basically when i run virtual dj with my vms4.1 the sound has alot of poping and distortion from time to time its not the vms4.1 because when i set it to analog and run my cdx it sounds perfectly fine without any problems. But when i switch it to usb and have the music playing from my laptop then all of a sudden from time to time the sound starts to distort and pop and its really annoying i just want my music to be clean with out any problems can anybody help me it would be very much appreciated.

Posted Sat 21 Jan 12 @ 11:50 pm

Posted Sun 22 Jan 12 @ 1:32 am

Posted Mon 23 Jan 12 @ 6:20 am
Just reading through the forum and stumbled onto your posting that may be my issue. I am using a back-up computer for my gigs and encountered a breaking up of the songs--tested same on my main computer and didn't happen. The back-up computer is a Gateway with an i5-460 processor with Windows 7 and I am using 7.0.3 verseion of VDJ. My main computer is also using the same version of VDJ, but using Windows XP/32. Do you know if the latency can affect the songs that way and if so how do I fix--not clear on what all you are talking about?
Thanks!!
Lady DJ Jean

Posted Thu 09 Feb 12 @ 10:10 am
Problems like this are generally caused by performance and/or configuration issues with your computer.

Commonly, this is because most computers are built with typical home/office users in mind and not optimised for demanding low latency applications such as VirtualDJ. Laptops are also usually optimised for maximum battery life instead of maximum performance.

Please check through all the points on the above linked page to ensure that your computer is optimised and does not have any performance issues:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Performance%20Issues.html

If you can't understand this, please ask a friend with computer knowledge to help you, or contact support via the live chat facility http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html - A member of support staff can connect to your computer remotely with your permission to check it.

Posted Fri 10 Feb 12 @ 11:16 am
Mine just freezes every 3 hours or 2 hours so much for ssd samsung & i5?

Audio seems fine wanted to upgrade but no one is helping if its the install_virtualdj_le_typhoon_v7.0.2.exe

wifi off
anti virus off
768ms

1024 maybe to try is that good?

Crashes & wont shut down

*WORKED M11x R3 FINE HOME VERSION ON ANOTHER SOUND CARD*

??

Posted Mon 26 Mar 12 @ 12:29 pm

Posted Tue 27 Mar 12 @ 10:17 am
seems to work

Posted Mon 02 Apr 12 @ 8:38 pm