Topic: Little Tank! VESTAX VAI-80 sound card - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Features:
> 4 in RCA
> 4 out with RCA and XLR connections with 2 band EQ and level control
> Headphone out with level control
> MIC in with level control
> Signals are send through an analog EQ circuitry, adjusting level, quality and pressure of the sound.
> Direct connection from computers to PA is enabled with the wide head room for XLR's.

What do you think of the looks....SICK isn't it?

Posted Fri 23 Jan 09 @ 2:47 am
Is this USB connected or firewire ?

Posted Fri 23 Jan 09 @ 2:54 am
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
redgoblin83 wrote :

Please check on the pictures, it's a USB audio interface.

Posted Fri 23 Jan 09 @ 2:57 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
redgoblin83 wrote :

USB,

Info here

Posted Fri 23 Jan 09 @ 2:57 am

Damn, those looks sexy as hell ;)

Seems vestax is making loads of cool gadgets for software djs

Posted Fri 23 Jan 09 @ 3:05 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

It would be nice if they made a good Asio card that small too,

I would certainly try it out

Posted Fri 23 Jan 09 @ 3:07 am
I think this is a good replacement for my Maya 44 usb.

Posted Fri 23 Jan 09 @ 6:34 am
Ok just purchased one myself and will review it shortly. They released this thing last year but took all year before it was available. Anyway can't wait to get it!

Posted Fri 24 Apr 09 @ 7:55 am
Ok unit is beautiful. sound is like silk and the 2 band EQ allows you to adust the highs and lows to your liking. headphones sound perfect and the levels are adjustable.

problem I found is that I can't get the mic to work. it wont mix in while the music is playing. Also the unit is so new that there is no support from vestax at all since this product is only available from Japan (where I got it from).

If anyone knows how to get it to work, it would be appreciated...

BC

Posted Tue 14 Jul 09 @ 9:26 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Nice looking unit.. I like the tank concept.

Posted Wed 15 Jul 09 @ 3:13 am

Posted Wed 15 Jul 09 @ 10:41 pm
Anyone??

Posted Thu 16 Jul 09 @ 9:44 pm
How's the Vestax VAI-80 working out for you? I think I want one. Where can I get it?

Posted Mon 20 Jul 09 @ 1:10 pm
The tank is working beautifully (soundwise). The adjustable headphone volume is perfect volume (although you can adjust it really loud if you want). I don't use it for input though since I don't use TCV or any other inputs. This unit has 4. It has a dual band eq as well High and Low (see the specs at the vestax site)
Only pain in the ass is that I can't get the mic-in to work. I have a wireless mic (that is powered) and don't know if this is a problem since I'm no expert on microphones. Needed it once and it didn't work. Since then been trying though with no luck. I'm hoping its the mac os 10.5.7 that's giving me trouble.
Other than that, sound is like silk. (Like I'm listening to a cd in a high quality system).

Vestax has not released the unit in Canada, Not in the USA either I believe. Google the VAI-80 and you'll find plenty dj shops selling them in Japan, Europe, etc...I got mine from a Japan supplier off eBay cause they offered $0 shipping world-wide but it took 2 weeks.

Extremely happy with the unit and fits perfectly under my odyssey rack.

BC

Posted Tue 04 Aug 09 @ 5:35 pm
BC -

Thanks for the feedback, I'm trying to decide between the Vestax Little Tank and the Native Instruments Audio 2 DJ that is suppose to be released in the US in sept. I use a VCI-100 so having the same brand does sound more appealing but what I really want is something really small without sacrificing sound quality. Thanks again for your review, very helpful.

-J Hawk

Posted Fri 07 Aug 09 @ 7:24 am
isrortPRO InfinityMember since 2009
is the mic issue resolved? anyone?

Posted Thu 29 Oct 09 @ 7:01 am
I was using a condenser mic.

Contacted Vestax regarding the mic and they say I have to use a dynamic mic, not a condenser mic. Not sure what the difference is but haven't had the opportunity to try the dynamic mic yet because I never use a mic anyway. Will try it eventually and post my findings.

BC

Posted Mon 16 Nov 09 @ 12:07 pm
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi mate

You might find that the condenser mic requires a phantom power supply to operate and the Tank dosn't provide for this.

Daz

Posted Sat 28 Nov 09 @ 3:07 am
Yes I now know. Vestax says I should use a dynamic mic. So I went out and bought one. The damn thing still doesn't work. The unit is great but vestax (as usual) requires an updated firmware to make it work. Even if you don't use VDJ or any other program for that matter. It has its own power supply input and should be able to take a musical instrument input/mic input/etc... Nothing works!

Its just not a useable feature which makes the thing unattractive. I'm sure anyone that buys a product and all the features don't work (even if you don't use them) seems to suggest the unit is flawed....and that is what will kill this thing..IMO.

BC

Posted Fri 11 Dec 09 @ 5:49 pm
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Just wondering!

If Vestax suggest using a dynamic mic it suggests to me that they believe the mic feature works. Is it possible that you have a faulty unit?

Daz

Posted Sat 12 Dec 09 @ 1:53 am
91%