Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Update: Korg Zero 4 & Denon HS5500

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've finally gotten my Korg Zero 4 to work properly with VDJ. Originally, I was losing connectivity via the MIDI connection and I could not get the ASIO sound card connection to work.
I recently found an updated MIDI driver from the Korg UK site and it seems to have fixed my issues.
I am now running the sound through the Korg via the Firewire MIDI connection. I also have two of the channels set to MIDI so I have programmed the buttons and sliders to control features of VDJ.
This is a much better solution for me than using the soundcard in my Denon HS5500. Now I can exit MIDI mode in the Denon to use the CD drive and/or the drive directly attached to the Denon (for scratching, additional effects, etc...).
Once VDJ fixes the platter problem on the 5500 and allow two units to be connected my setup should be pretty much perfect!
I really love the setup, there is so much versatility and redundancy, not to mention layers upon layers of effects available.
I will try to up some video of my setup once I have everything fully sorted out.

DJ Lance Romance
Hallmark Mobile Entertainment
http://www.hallmark-mobile.com

Toshiba Satellite a215-S5807
VDJ 5.2.1
Denon DN-HS5500
Korg Zero4

Posted Tue 13 Jan 09 @ 3:01 am
any video yet

Posted Wed 25 Mar 09 @ 1:17 pm
Sorry, no.
Been real busy and need to get a new video recorder. I did just put a vinyl 45 on the 5500 inplace of the clear disc. It\'s the 45 of Prince\'s Purple Rain - in Purple Vinyl of course! Works great.

Posted Thu 02 Apr 09 @ 3:05 am
i like it looks good

Posted Fri 03 Apr 09 @ 3:42 am
i am thinking about buying a zero4 was wondering how the fader midi function works. does it map midi and work for audio at the same time? or is it like the ddm4000 where its one or the other. also same with the channels. when you have them mapped for midid can you not use them as audio?

Posted Fri 03 Apr 09 @ 8:17 am
You can map MIDI and use audio at the same time. You have the ability to change each channel from audio only, audio & MIDI or MIDI only. I currently use channels 1 & 2 for VDJ and have three & for set for MIDI only, with the buttons, knobs, & sliders mapped to VDJ. If I need to use Ch 3 or 4 for audio (like a CD player), I can turn off the MIDI control for that channel and switch it to audio. When I am done I can change it back to MIDI on the fly. I am also using the Korg/s built in sound card. No problems in XP, but remember the Korg MIDI connection is via firewire, not USB, so make sure your PC has a firewire port.

Posted Sat 04 Apr 09 @ 11:58 pm
yes i know about the firewire my machine is well equipt. have you had any problems with the firewire connectivity? i heard this could also be an issue sometimes with the korg4.

Posted Mon 06 Apr 09 @ 6:36 am
Originally I was having an issue with the MIDI connection dropping. I had found an updated MIDI driver on one the Korg sites, Japan or UK I think, and that fixed the problem. No issues since then...

Posted Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 2:27 am
this was only for sound card use, the firewire connection correct? from what i can read the midi you still use a mid/usb connection.

Posted Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 11:29 am
djsynystr wrote :
this was only for sound card use, the firewire connection correct? from what i can read the midi you still use a mid/usb connection.

Hi there,

i also have the Korg Zero 4. You donĀ“t need a mid/usb. Timecode Signal as well as the midi signals are all transferred via the firewire connection from the zero 4 to your pc.

Posted Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 5:46 am
obrabPRO InfinityMember since 2009
What are your latency settings set to on the zero4?

Posted Thu 01 Oct 09 @ 3:27 am
taipanic wrote :
Sorry, no.
Been real busy and need to get a new video recorder. I did just put a vinyl 45 on the 5500 inplace of the clear disc. It\'s the 45 of Prince\'s Purple Rain - in Purple Vinyl of course! Works great.

Posted Mon 31 Oct 16 @ 12:51 pm
taipanic wrote :
Sorry, no.

Posted Mon 31 Oct 16 @ 12:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)